Angus Taylor, Minister for Energy and Emissions Reduction

Remove this Banner Ad

But there's another harm at play here – the harm to the system, its integrity and the community's perception of its integrity. These have been chipped away by successive instances in which the AFP seems gung-ho when it comes to protecting government information and shy when it comes to investigations that might implicate or otherwise embarrass the government.

Meanwhile, just like the Taylor case, the AFP dropped an investigation into who leaked classified information to The Australian, which the government then used to discredit the "medevac" bill.

the Taylor affair highlights a crucial aspect of the politics-media nexus, which is the close and co-dependent relationship between political operatives and their enabling journalists, and the ease with which "information" can be published with little to no verification.

Last edited:

No, I just find it interesting coming into these threads on these boards and seeing how hard the melts are.

About the only thread I've consistently posted in on the politics board over the journey is the economic, boat migrant one. Others I'll just throw a little jab for a bit of a laugh when someone is sooking it up. I prefer to stick to the society part of the board and leave the religion and politics to others.

I vote Labor at the state level these days because Dan seems to be getting things done (we'll see if any costs bite us in the arse further down the track) and at the federal level either independent or donkey. I've never voted for Labor federally although I would have voted for Gillard given the chance and pretty much voted Liberal up until a few years ago. Now they can pretty much all just gagf.

Politics isn't a sport. People melt over this stuff cos, unlike a footy game, it's genuinely melt worthy.

These campaigners are ****ed. They're laughing at us, rorting us and ******* us over at the same time. While laughing at us.

What did i tell ya's ??

WHAT DID I fu**EN TELL YA'S ??????????????????????????????

If any other public servant dished up that kind of rubbish they would be out of a job. Months go into prepping Estimates briefs with expected responses, yet this clown can't even answer the most obvious questions he was going to be asked? Or he's just lying through his teeth so they can provide some on notice milquetoast written responses the MO can approve once the cameras are off.

See, this just here is the harm.

It isn't solely in the wasted funds, the incompetence of a corrupt system. It's in the damage wrought against our confidence in our country and our democracy.
Herne Hill Hammer wrote this on the previous page:
I vote Labor at the state level these days because Dan seems to be getting things done (we'll see if any costs bite us in the arse further down the track) and at the federal level either independent or donkey. I've never voted for Labor federally although I would have voted for Gillard given the chance and pretty much voted Liberal up until a few years ago. Now they can pretty much all just gagf.
... with the bolded the important part.

This is what corruption does to people. Apathy, profound distrust, and a 'we're all in it for ourselves' mindset; this is one of the goals of neoconservatism, to disinterest enough people that they just vote for them because their name comes first on the ticket.

Never you mind, your vote doesn't count; they're all the same anyway, right?

It is ironic that the right wing is the side of politics that nationalism belongs, given their utter disdain for our country and its people.

afp stop 2 big drug shipments in 2 days.

Can't work out which campaigner in gus' office altered a document though...................................................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to the promise of lower bills?

Just received a notice that my gas account is going up on 1st January.

Anyone else receive this notification or is it just Momentum Energy?

Aren’t you in a state that has banned gas?

I wonder if reducing supply and increasing demand has any impact on price?

I also thought the promise was lower electricity costs? Has that happened?

"the Commonwealth Ombudsman has confirmed to Crikey that it has started an investigation into the AFP “following receipt of complaints from members of the public”.

guess we gotta force things ourselves.
I'm fairly certain that nothing will come of this, unfortunately. They can't compel action and their criteria is very easily wriggle-able from AFP's point of view.

I can't decide if Angus is the most corrupt member of the Gov or he's just so stupid he keeps getting caught or if he simply doesn't care about covering anything up because there are no consequences for him anyway.

I think they've all finally cottoned on now that Trump has proved you can say and do literally anything and then just lie about it and people not only don't care they celebrate it with you.

"the Commonwealth Ombudsman has confirmed to Crikey that it has started an investigation into the AFP “following receipt of complaints from members of the public”.

guess we gotta force things ourselves.

Someone is about to have their funding stripped :think:

I can't decide if Angus is the most corrupt member of the Gov or he's just so stupid he keeps getting caught or if he simply doesn't care about covering anything up because there are no consequences for him anyway.

I think they've all finally cottoned on now that Trump has proved you can say and do literally anything and then just lie about it and people not only don't care they celebrate it with you.

He got his hands on $85m and managed to wash it away. That rules out stupid IMO

I'm fairly certain that nothing will come of this, unfortunately. They can't compel action and their criteria is very easily wriggle-able from AFP's point of view.

Agree, most likely.
I just liked the bit where the public forced it..... seems some people think corruption is a problem

ICAC Commissioner: "Who watches the watchers?"

Not that there isn't already justification for it, but this will provide the perfect justification for a federal ICAC.

In answers to questions on notice to a NSW parliamentary committee, NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller said police could not confirm when Mr Taylor or his office downloaded the documents from the City of Sydney website.

"No. The metadata did not provide any evidence of the document being downloaded to Minister Taylor's office," he said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back