Current Animal Abusers & Torturers - Woefully inadequate penalties

A full-sized adult penguin weighs about a kilo and stands about 30 centimetres tall, essentially a harmless and defenceless little bird.

On April 24 this year, Jeffrey was convicted of one count of aggravated cruelty to animals in an attack that lasted several minutes. He beat nine of them to death - penalty 49 hours of community service and an $89 fine, seems so woefully inadequate to be no deterrent.

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/...rent-seabird-expert-says-20180625-p4znlm.html

Animal abuse is often the first sign of serious disturbance among adolescent and adult killers.

While we may not be taking it seriously, the FBI is. Acts of cruelty against animals are now counted alongside felony crimes like arson, burglary, assault, and homicide in the FBI’s expansive criminal database.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/-tracking-animal-cruelty

* PLEASE, NO GRAPHIC IMAGERY OF ANIMAL ABUSE

Animal cruelty sentences are too lenient.

You hear stories all the time of people doing some sickening s**t to defenceless animals, and all they get is community service, a small fine or a good behaviour bond. A lot of the time they're not even remorseful.

Animal cruelty sentences are too lenient.

You hear stories all the time of people doing some sickening s**t to defenceless animals, and all they get is community service, a small fine or a good behaviour bond. A lot of the time they're not even remorseful.

I've heard a forensic psychologist say the reason why many of us are so sickened by animal abuse is because we know how vulnerable they are, like children.

You would never leave your child with someone you knew was cruel to animals.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've heard a forensic psychologist say the reason why many of us are so sickened by animal abuse is because we know how vulnerable they are, like children.

You would never leave your child with someone you knew was cruel to animals.

This. While I am not one to call for death penalty, torture, lynch mob etc etc

Who the F*** beats an animal to death?

Why did this happen? High time maybe we all looked at why this s**t goes on instead of grasping for easy answers. What in the world would drive anybody to do this? Sickening. But sadly as I posted in another thread we live in a sick deranged violent world.

A full-sized adult penguin weighs about a kilo and stands about 30 centimetres tall, essentially a harmless and defenceless little bird.

On April 24 this year, Jeffrey was convicted of one count of aggravated cruelty to animals in an attack that lasted several minutes. He killed nine of them and as a penalty got 49 hours of community service and an $89 fine, seems so woefully inadequate to be no deterrent.

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/...rent-seabird-expert-says-20180625-p4znlm.html

Animal abuse is often the first sign of serious disturbance among adolescent and adult killers.

While we may not be taking it seriously, the FBI is. Acts of cruelty against animals are now counted alongside felony crimes like arson, burglary, assault, and homicide in the FBI’s expansive criminal database.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/-tracking-animal-cruelty

Thankfully some Law Enforcement treat it as a serious offence.

Our judicial system is beyond a joke. You get fined more than that for going less than 10kph over the speed limit.

Killing an animal for fun is more than a misdemeanour, so it should be judged that way.

This. While I am not one to call for death penalty, torture, lynch mob etc etc

Who the F*** beats an animal to death?

Why did this happen? High time maybe we all looked at why this s**t goes on instead of grasping for easy answers. What in the world would drive anybody to do this? Sickening. But sadly as I posted in another thread we live in a sick deranged violent world.
Sadly, this sort of behaviour is tolerated on sites like Facebook and YouTube, but the moment someone posts an exposed nipple or a 5 minute sporting highlight, ohh no, that's real bad, the video is deleted right away.

bigfarter

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Thankfully some Law Enforcement treat it as a serious offence.

Our judicial system is beyond a joke. You get fined more than that for going less than 10kph over the speed limit.

Killing an animal for fun is more than a misdemeanour, so it should be judged that way.

A few months ago some utter cretins (whom I don't believe were ever caught) captured a shark in WA, chained it up and dragged it behind their car, filming the whole thing. As insane as it is, even if they were caught, it may not be considered a crime they could actually be punished for because in WA sharks/sea-life don't count as "animals". I think anybody who actively enjoys tormenting a living creature to such an extreme extent is a massive risk to the public and I'd put money on those responsible having endangered other animal or human life in the months since.

You're right in that sentencing is ridiculous. When people are caught doing things like this, charge them with torture. If they're willing to do it to an animal, they can do it to a person.

This guy has plead guilty to beheading his flatmates dog. It will be interesting to see the penalty, a community service order just isn't going to be enough. imo.

A man has admitted decapitating his housemate's dog after he was found covered in blood while clenching its severed head and a meat cleaver.

James Alexander Rech slaughtered the staffordshire terrier in his South Australian home last month.

'This came to light through a member of the public saw the defendant in the middle of the roadway holding the severed head of the dog.

'Police located the defendant standing in the street covered in blood, holding the head of the Staffordshire Terrier in one hand, and a meat cleaver in the other,' he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-beheading-housemates-dog-meat-cleaver.html

He also stabbed someone in the leg.

It's also no surprise people who do these sort of things have history, like this guy:
Geaghan also pleaded guilty to 45 unrelated offences between 2010 and 2013 including entering premises and stealing, supplying and possessing cannabis, stealing $700 of groceries from Woolworths Robina and keeping a stash of illegal guns, ammunition, cannabis, methamphetamine and stolen goods at various locations across the Gold Coast.

Mr Lancaster explained his client had a drug addiction and an unnamed psychotic illness.
No s**t.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
When I studies serial killers a decade or ten ago there was various things in common

Abusive mother or no mother

Thier star sign

History of animal abuse

A lady's family dog's been murdered after a botched home invasion, she found him in the backyard with horrible wounds. I would be absolutely devastated if it were any of mine.

People are getting angry. Good.

There has been an outpouring of anger online since the death, with some Facebook users offering cash rewards to find Amigo’s killer.

Police are urging people not to take matters into their own hands.

Detectives are canvassing the area for security vision of the alleged offender, and if found will most likely be charged with animal cruelty offences.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/08/22/15/11/dog-found-dead-in-melbourne-backyard

There is nothing I hate more than people who abuse animals.
I love animals so much and when I read these stories I just get so angry and upset. I've even cried a few times.
And the reason is just because they are so innocent, as shellyg said.

When people hurt kids and animals it always gets me arked up.

A lady's family dog's been murdered after a botched home invasion, she found him in the backyard with horrible wounds. I would be absolutely devastated if it were any of mine.

People are getting angry. Good.

There has been an outpouring of anger online since the death, with some Facebook users offering cash rewards to find Amigo’s killer.

Police are urging people not to take matters into their own hands.

Detectives are canvassing the area for security vision of the alleged offender, and if found will most likely be charged with animal cruelty offences.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/08/22/15/11/dog-found-dead-in-melbourne-backyard
I read about this yesterday on Facebook. Such cruelty. It's good to see so many people supporting the owner(s) and sending their condolences and best wishes.

Mare Tahau - google the name

DOG PUNCHER ON $100 BOND AFTER PET’S DEATH
THE owner of a small dog that was beaten to death after it bit its killer says the man’s meagre punishment pales in comparison to Rover’s suffering.

If a kid had bitten him and was punched to death he would have got life. If someone's bitten by a dog, the option is there to call the ranger and have it assessed and/or put down. $100 bond is another woefully inadequate penalty, it means nothing.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
If a kid had bitten him and was punched to death he would have got life. If someone's bitten by a dog, the option is there to call the ranger and have it assessed and/or put down. $100 bond is another woefully inadequate penalty, it means nothing.
If it was just one bite he has gone too far. I would have kicked the dog though if it bit me!

If it was just one bite he has gone too far. I would have kicked the dog though if it bit me!

A German shepherd ran in out of nowhere at this duck pond we visit, one of my dogs perceived a threat and chased him off, biting his ribs all the way I couldnt catch up. Shepherd ran to it's owner in the distance and I nearly had a heart attack, this little lady was stuck in the middle. She nogged my dog in the head with a skateboard and I was almost impressed, it shocked him enough to hear my voice and he bailed out. Only hit him once.

He had a lump on his boof head and I called him "serves you right you dickhead!" all the way home.

Back