00Stinger

Dual Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
I have forgotten - where did the Dennis Leary character from last season fit in?
Just a past flame? Was he Derans father?
Derans father.

Just made me remember his mrs who hung around for a while seems to have disappeared half way through this season

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
Derans father.

Just made me remember his mrs who hung around for a while seems to have disappeared half way through this season

She shafted them on the sculpture job - and then they took down the billionare dude when he was on the bike. I think they decided to go their own ways post that and Craog shacking up with the chick he knocked up.

00Stinger

Dual Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
She shafted them on the sculpture job - and then they took down the billionare dude when he was on the bike. I think they decided to go their own ways post that and Craog shacking up with the chick he knocked up.
yeah I remember that, that arc seems like a bit of a time filler tbh

Gasometer

Pretty pretty goooood!
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I don’t mind the Young Smurf story

It’s was more interesting than the bitter woman she turned into

Gasometer

Pretty pretty goooood!
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Was thinking about it the breadth of the story over all Seasons and it all makes sense.

One of the frustrating aspects was the slow pace.

But now in hindsight it is “oh I get it”!!

00Stinger

Dual Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The end of the last episode was a bit so so imo.

The final scene was so cliche and predictable which is the polar opposite of the end of episode 12

PoopingHindi

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
w00t! bonus episode for me :)
...sounds like it should have ended when i thought it did though.

i havent watched yet. the timing is not great with the cricket on tonight but i'll get round to it on the weekend sometime.

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
I thought the episode was not too bad - sets up some interesting storylines for the next season.

Last scene was a little lame. Of all the stuff they have done, that was like a high school rumble from a few middle aged men. Not really sure that proves anything to anyone!

Gasometer

Pretty pretty goooood!
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I thought the episode was not too bad - sets up some interesting storylines for the next season.

Last scene was a little lame. Of all the stuff they have done, that was like a high school rumble from a few middle aged men. Not really sure that proves anything to anyone!

That the ordered way that Smurf went about things is now over?

Fwoy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
That “beat Down” was pretty lame. So how long with the “will hw/won’t he tell him” storyline between Jake and Craig?

I guess the flashbacks are a way to keep Smurf alive without Ellen Barkin hanging around...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anja_Nees

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just finished. Barkin was cooked so smart move getting her out now.

Young Smurf is Vincent D’Onofrio’s daughter so the apple has fallen miles from the tree. Incredibly she’s dating Sean Penn 😮.

They needed to move things along after a middling season three and I reckon four was an upgrade.

Fwoy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Yep just finished it and surprisingly it was 42 minutes that went very quickly which for me is an excellent sign

its been so long between seasons, so I should gave done a recap, but I soon got back on top of it all…

Gasometer

Pretty pretty goooood!
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
its been so long between seasons, so I should gave done a recap, but I soon got back on top of it all…
Go to YouTube and look for the Season 4 recap. We stopped 2 minutes in and went looking. It is an excellent reminder.

We liked that first episode

Pope now has some problems

Those twins with Smurf…wtf
And we came close to finding the origin of the Smurf name. I can’t find why on the internet anywhere. A few Reddit discussions.

Last edited:

00Stinger

Dual Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I am not sure if I'm going to watch it straight away or hold off and watch a few episodes back to back

Fwoy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Go to YouTube and look for the Season 4 recap. We stopped 2 minutes in and went looking. It is an excellent reminder.

We liked that first episode

Pope now has some problems

Those twins with Smurf…wtf
And we came close to finding the origin of the Smurf name. I can’t find why on the internet anywhere. A few Reddit discussions.

not sure if it came from the show or the original Aussie movie, but I’m sure I’ve heard the Smurf character name came from being born with umbilical cord wrapped around throat making her blue…

00Stinger

Dual Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Just finished episode 7

This series is defiantly the worst of them all. Without Smurf it just isn't the same

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad