Roast Animated advertising at AFL matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh while I'm at it. How lame is it for Gold Coast, Geelong, Adelaide etc. to have those awful artificial sound effects after goals. Using my pseudo psychological skills, I think it actually discourages cheering if something else is already doing it for me. I hope we never do this.
They're absolutely dreadful, really small time embarrassing stuff. I'd be devvo if we ever did it.

i agree, they need to use it like the NBA/NHL stadiums, very limited advertising and more match experience and stats

This is particularly galling when players are kicking for goal. I noticed at one point as aCarlton player was about to kick, the advertising completely changed. I think he missed and while I didn't at all mind the poor kick, it seems basic protocol should ensure the advertising remains constant during the taking of a set shot.

Obviously haven't played much footy mate

Kicking for goal you should be looking at the ball not where it is going so advertising shouldn't matter

Obviously haven't played much footy mate

Kicking for goal you should be looking at the ball not where it is going so advertising shouldn't matter
What about the first five seconds of visualization when you are spinning
the football in your hands and focusing on the image of the crowd erupting
as you kick the ball through the big sticks and then you listen to them
chant your name like you are a god.

Note- Fresh pair of underpants needed, damn.:D

What about the first five seconds of visualization when you are spinning
the football in your hands and focusing on the image of the crowd erupting
as you kick the ball through the big sticks and then you listen to them
chant your name like you are a god.

Note- Fresh pair of underpants needed, damn.:D

I don't concern myself with the crowd

It's all about MD nothing else matters

Hate. This year for some reason it seems much worse. More vibrant colours perhaps. Not sure. I have never written a letter in anger before but am going to with this one. Not opposed to moving ads outside of play, but during play is a disgrace. I'm a member and attend Etihad for North home games. I lose so much of the play because of those bloody signs. It actually penalises people that go to the games. Not as bad on TV because at times the boundary is not visible. It's not like the AFL needs the revenue. They are swimming in cash and selling us out. Absolute rubbish.

Anybody catch the Tissot ad on the boundary having the countdown clock on how much time was left to siren? WTF?!

Bad luck for last night. Would have been an different match with Murphy, Johannisen, Boyd, Crameri. On the sign thing, they now have a bright yellow Maccas one. With a yellow ball on field FFS. It literally hurt my eyes hunting for the ball on the other side of the ground. I am 33 with perfect vision. People around me started to say they couldn't see too. I think demands on AFL need to be around a protocol. (1) No movement during play (2) No primary colours during play (3) Cap the brightness at x lux.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back