omgfridge

dark
Apr 10, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
Just watched the Demon Slayer film, enjoyable for a film to actually be part of the overarching story. Good mix of humour and action throughout.

SSSSSS

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Six decades of domination
Just watched the Demon Slayer film, enjoyable for a film to actually be part of the overarching story. Good mix of humour and action throughout.
Ufotable did a great job on the animation. Characters are pretty cliche and generic (which is to be expected) but the visuals are amazing.

Mitchell Madness

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Currently reading Cells At Work before I watch the anime.

If anyone e hasn't heard of it, it's pretty much an anime/manga text book about the human body, with the white blood cells being written as the mysterious anti-hero.
2 chapters in and the central white blood cell has taken on an aliem-like pneumatic cell, and been witness to a plague of ceedar pollen taking over the body

deathevocation

Coffee. Football. Metal.
Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Been reading various Junji Ito works plus Death Note and Demon Slayer. Bought Death Note shortly after watching the anime some years back but only recently started reading it. The art is sensational. Stuck in a rut with anime - been watching Akagi but it is becoming a chore. Thinking of starting Mr Tonegawa or Joran. Got Crunchy Roll so any recommendations are welcome.

WowWeee

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
if you haven't gotten on to it then y'all need to watch Megalo Box season 1 and Season 2. One of the best sequel imo.

Season 2 is up to episode 11 and so far I think it will be anime of the year. Sad it doesn't get as much attention as some others ie. To Your Eternity,

Awesome music as well

omgfridge

dark
Apr 10, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Haven't watched it yet and have had mixed emotions about the rebuild series so far but Evangelion 3.0 + 1 is out on Amazon Prime (aka the 4th film).

Been waiting so long, I'd almost forgot.

LiquidCrow

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Haven't watched it yet and have had mixed emotions about the rebuild series so far but Evangelion 3.0 + 1 is out on Amazon Prime (aka the 4th film).

Been waiting so long, I'd almost forgot.
Saw it on the weekend. Really enjoyed it, but I've been a fan since seeing the series it as a teen on SBS in the late 90s. Feels like Anno has evolved his craft, and there's a much needed sense of closure too.

omgfridge

dark
Apr 10, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Saw it on the weekend. Really enjoyed it, but I've been a fan since seeing the series it as a teen on SBS in the late 90s. Feels like Anno has evolved his craft, and there's a much needed sense of closure too.
Awesome, yeah im a big fan of the original series and especially end of eva.

Decided to rewatch the whole seriea first before the finale. Want some fresh perspective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)