BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
So what Anime and Manga is everyone currently watching and reading?

Here's my current list:
Anime:
Naruto Shippuuden
Beelzebub
Deadman Wonderland
Steins;Gate
Gundam Unicorn (whenever the next ep comes out)
Hellsing Ultimate (see above)
Soul Eater(just started)

Manga:
Naruto

Just finished Deathnote on recommendation of a mate, enjoyed it alot... will check out a few of the others you have mentioned

Naruto Shippuden
Bleach
Fairy Tail
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
One Piece (though i'm several 100 episodes off the pace)

and i'm also re-watching some old Dragon ball and Dragon ball Z after finishing with Kai

kinda sad when you list it all out :eek::p

A bit late to the party but here goes.

Currently follow weekly: One Piece, Naruto, Toriko, Bleach

Series I've seen which I greatly enjoy: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Black Lagoon, Code Geass, Ninja Scroll, Berserk.

Just finished watching my bluray box sets of Code Geass R1 and 2. (already seen the originals before).

I think i'll move onto something like Steins;Gate now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone here remember the anime Hamtaro? Used to be on Cartoon Network, loved it.:D

Hamtaro.png

Rewatched the first couple of episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion tonight. Haven't seen it in about 10 years.

Highly recommend it to anybody who hasn't seen it, really thematically deep. A proper adult's anime. Best in small doses though, ridiculously depressing stuff in parts. Every character is pretty much insane.

So it turns out Steins Gate ended up being pretty damn EPIC.
In my spare time i also watched Durarara!! which was pretty cool.

At a loss of what to watch now... It's hard because after a few damn epic animes everything else seems quite average for at least a while.

At a loss of what to watch now... It's hard because after a few damn epic animes everything else seems quite average for at least a while.
I have no idea how much you've watched so if this post is a bit facepalm-obvious my apologies - I'm just going off what's been mentioned in this thread. Also, I haven't really watched any anime for about 8 years so my knowledge is a bit out of date. But if you haven't delved much into Takahata's and Miyazaki's back catalogues then they are worth investigating. Lupin III is great old-school anime and a lot of their films are worth watching. Grave Of The Fireflies isn't just great anime - it's one of the greatest war movies ever, full stop.

Serial Experiments Lain is for my money up there with Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop as one of the best anime series ever made. Planetes is also great. Gungrave is less complex but totally kick-ass.

I have sort of been meaning for years to watch Death Note, Flag, Black Lagoon and Fullmetal Alchemist, have heard good things about all of them.

I have no idea how much you've watched so if this post is a bit facepalm-obvious my apologies - I'm just going off what's been mentioned in this thread. Also, I haven't really watched any anime for about 8 years so my knowledge is a bit out of date. But if you haven't delved much into Takahata's and Miyazaki's back catalogues then they are worth investigating. Lupin III is great old-school anime and a lot of their films are worth watching. Grave Of The Fireflies isn't just great anime - it's one of the greatest war movies ever, full stop.

Serial Experiments Lain is for my money up there with Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop as one of the best anime series ever made. Planetes is also great. Gungrave is less complex but totally kick-arse.

I have sort of been meaning for years to watch Death Note, Flag, Black Lagoon and Fullmetal Alchemist, have heard good things about all of them.

Hayao Miyazaki is an absolute legend.
I've had Death Note on my hard-drive for a while now but since it's dvd quality it'd be hard to watch on my 1920x1080 laptop screen so i'll probably hook it up to the TV tonight and watch it there (dvd quality anime doesn't look as blurry watching on a tv compared to my laptop since my laptop is only suited to 720p and over)

Anyway i'll watch that and then take a look at the other ones you have suggested, thanks.

So it turns out Steins Gate ended up being pretty damn EPIC.
In my spare time i also watched Durarara!! which was pretty cool.

So Steins Gate is good? I'll have to go back and watch/read it. Started it once and thought 'meh'.

I highly recommend Gintama, probably the funniest manga I have read (even though it is a bit long-winded). They rip off a lot of other manga and make fun of a lot of stereotypes.

So Steins Gate is good? I'll have to go back and watch/read it. Started it once and thought 'meh'.

I highly recommend Gintama, probably the funniest manga I have read (even though it is a bit long-winded). They rip off a lot of other manga and make fun of a lot of stereotypes.

Yeah i liked it a lot, the middle is a bit of a downer but during the end i really liked it.

Just finished Death Note and would say that's epic too ^^

Remove this Banner Ad

Back