Anita Cobby Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

The tips of Anita's fingers were severed as she tried to stop her throat being slit. She fought right to the end.

I read the book through tears, I felt ill but forced myself to read on. This sought of crime must be remembered so these type of monsters know Society will not stand for it.

These animals should have been made to endure what Anita did. I can guarentee the cowards would beg for mercy.

It also raises the question of capital punishment again with the way our society is going, we are becoming a mini-America, should capital punishment be re-introduced ?.

These animals should have been made to endure what Anita did. I can guarentee the cowards would beg for mercy.

It also raises the question of capital punishment again with the way our society is going, we are becoming a mini-America, should capital punishment be re-introduced ?.

I think for certain cases it should be (where DNA evidence is compelling, pre meditated, no remorse), but the whole appeals process draws it out a lot. Plus its not supported by either major political parties, who wouldn't introduce it even if it was proved that there was immense public support for it.

And 90's. Daniel Sheppard disappearance freaked me out for awhile, especially as he was a local, and it supposedly happened from a road that I have walked down late at night too.
Wasn't he the one who got off the train down the port and just vanished ??

I like to think those bastards live with what they did everyday and suffer but for them its just a giant joke. Even when they were arrested it was still a massive joke as the copper said tonight. Maybe for this lot the death penalty is a better punishment. Just hope the other prisoners are giving them hell.

I had a client a few years back, an old bloke that had done some time in Long Bay during the 80's. He told me that during his time of incarceration, there was an unofficial bounty of $50,000 on the heads of each of the Cobby killers, put up by the Sydney underworld themselves, such was even their disgust with the crime.

Channel 7 has recently shown old black and white footage (1966) of the search. They've pointed out 2 "well known" persons from this footage and facial ID experts are pretty sure they are the 2 people who they claim them to be.

Theres a whole lot of stuff in relation to Adelaide's seedy history that we'll probably all never know about but its easy to make some presumptions given this footage.
About a year back, the Tasmanian Police Commissioner (himself a 40 year serving member) said in the Mercury that there was significant belief among long-serving Tasmanian police that convicted child killer James Ryan O'Neill was suspected of having a lot to do with the Beaumont children's disappearance and murder.
O'Neill has been banged up in Risdon since 1975 after abducting and murdering two children on Hobart's Eastern Shore.
Was also found to have been in several other areas on mainland Australia at the same time where children simply disappeared.
SA Police dismissed the suggestion after interviewing him over the matter apparently, but suspicion remains.

About a year back, the Tasmanian Police Commissioner (himself a 40 year serving member) said in the Mercury that there was significant belief among long-serving Tasmanian police that convicted child killer James Ryan O'Neill was suspected of having a lot to do with the Beaumont children's disappearance and murder.
O'Neill has been banged up in Risdon since 1975 after abducting and murdering two children on Hobart's Eastern Shore.
Was also found to have been in several other areas on mainland Australia at the same time where children simply disappeared.
SA Police dismissed the suggestion after interviewing him over the matter apparently, but suspicion remains.

The Age has another article today about Derek Percy and his possible involvement.

Barring something miraculous like a death bed confession, I doubt if we'll ever know what happened...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have seen almost all the eps of crime investigation australia truely chilling reenactments but top notch show never the less.I thought steve Liebmann did a really good job hosting the show also.He was doing another show like this over in the states but Barry crocker took over the hosting.The Anita Cobby's ep was very chilling the nature of the crime no words can say how sick these pigs were/are.

Yeah my wife couldn't watch it. She saw the first 15 minutes then said thats it for me I can't take any more of it. Can't imagine Anita's parents having to listen to details of what they did to her in court, would be torture. Don't think I want to read the book and find out what else they did to her, what they talked about on tv last night was bad enough, whatever they couldn't talk about I don't want to even know about.

Once worked with a guy who with another wrote a book on this crime. What those...trying to think of a word but you all know what I mean...did to her was horrific from what he told me. Believe her father told the mother not to attend the court case as it would have been too much for her. As someone in here as also said, the judge ordered "never to be released" on their files.

The Beaumont case has fascinated me in that how would one person make 3 kids disappear just like that...would have had to had help IMO. Maybe the kids got themselves into a situation where they thought they would be in trouble with their mother and things escalated from there..Who knows, but I'm sure someone does, or did.

I had a client a few years back, an old bloke that had done some time in Long Bay during the 80's. He told me that during his time of incarceration, there was an unofficial bounty of $50,000 on the heads of each of the Cobby killers, put up by the Sydney underworld themselves, such was even their disgust with the crime.
That does not surprise me.Going bye what the underworld did to stewart john regan after a young child went missinf in hes care never to be seen again.

Saw this on CIA. Out of all the shows I've watched on real events this had the biggest impact on me. Makes me feel sick knowing what she had to go through.

Another bump.

Current Affair tonight are interviewing the detectives from the case.

Not sure why they are bringing all this up again, but will be interesting. And tbh, this case should never, ever be forgotten.

Hope the scum bags serving life with no parole are rotting away nicely in prison.

The greenough massacre what also extremely sick case. William Patrick Mitchel is up for parole later this year hope he never is let out.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...mitchells-parole/story-fnhocxo3-1226671471712
Can't see that disgusting creep ever getting out. Reportedly the public have never been told what happened to the mothers oldest boy, a teenager who he killed out the front as the details are just too upsetting. Hope he also is rotting away in jail.

Once worked with a guy who with another wrote a book on this crime. What those...trying to think of a word but you all know what I mean...did to her was horrific from what he told me. Believe her father told the mother not to attend the court case as it would have been too much for her. As someone in here as also said, the judge ordered "never to be released" on their files.

The Beaumont case has fascinated me in that how would one person make 3 kids disappear just like that...would have had to had help IMO. Maybe the kids got themselves into a situation where they thought they would be in trouble with their mother and things escalated from there..Who knows, but I'm sure someone does, or did.
There is a Facebook page on the beaumonts. Admittedly the woman is a little odd but what she says and claims makes for some very interesting reading. A book called the Satin Man on this case is fascinating also.

Just thinking out loud.. if mobile phones were invented back then, there is a chance Anita would be alive today (but probably some other poor woman would have been killed eventually, as these guys were so sick)- because iirc she tried calling home to get a lift from the phone box outside the station?

So yeah if mobile phones were around she would have probably been picked up at the station.

Argh, just a horrid case what she went through was nothing short of torture.

the whole thing is very disturbing: on the one hand you have the cobbys-mum and dad hard working nice dignified people and anita a nurse who loved helping people opposed to a gang of worthless gutless pathetic low lifes-and who suffered more: the innocent cobbys or the guilty scum bags?one group had no say in it and the other were completely responsible, there was an escalation of the crimes committed by these losers cause they kept getting away with it and getting slaps on the wrist if they had felt the full force of the law they should have been put away years earlier but thats our 'justice' system

Remove this Banner Ad

Back