Injury Ankle Surgery for Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
In other words, they erred in thinking the injury would get better with rest and instead of getting surgery out of the way 2 months back, Jamie will now only have a partial pre-season and not be at his best next year. Great injury management yet again from the club.
He would probably rather his holiday time I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Temploar

As the years go by...
May 27, 2010
Huawei B818 Modem
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Manchester United, Red Bull Racing
In other words, they erred in thinking the injury would get better with rest and instead of getting surgery out of the way 2 months back, Jamie will now only have a partial pre-season and not be at his best next year. Great injury management yet again from the club.
We have done this many times before haven't we? Can't remember the player but it was pretty recent when we didn't send him in for surgery and then we realised oh sh*t he needs surgery.

Whoever is managing this aspect of the club needs to be sacked. Why don't we ever learn from past mistakes?

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
It seems time and again we mismanage players injuries. Surely we should have opted for surgery at end of season so he could at least be ready for some of preseason.

Given the lack of transparency on the nature of injuries it's hard to see Elliott having a pre season at all.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Finnishpie

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don’t think we know enough to say if he was mismanaged or not. But it sure is terrrible news. Our most important forward. Gah! I don’t expect to see him playing in the early rounds as others have suggested.

Obese Arachnid

Purple Headed Junket Pumper
Jan 11, 2008
Dirty Boulevard
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
There are no other teams.
Haha yeah right, if he’s back at training by the end of January I’ll eat my members hat.
"From full training until the New Year"

So surgery then some training by around the middle of Jan. (No doubt other will read "New Year" as any time next year & state the club was right, w***ers)

I declare your bet.....

Top Bottom