Injury Ankle Surgery for Jamie Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think we know enough to say if he was mismanaged or not. But it sure is terrrible news. Our most important forward. Gah! I don’t expect to see him playing in the early rounds as others have suggested.

Yeah, surgery will always be the last option as it's not without it's own risks.

189a06485ac751274f1e03ea6b8052d7--addictive-personality-just-the-way.jpg

Sadly you're correct.

Classic Collingwood

Couldn't get the scan done after the season.

Maybe the club did have the scan done st season’s end, and the verdict was to rest the ankle, and try to avoid surgery?

Maybe the club spent some considerable time weighing up what to do with the ankle after the season ended, and opted for rest?

Maybe this, or maybe that, but we have no idea what the medical assessment and advice was. We just know that the ankle has not healed well, and now surgery is needed.

That’s all we know.

Maybe the club did have the scan done st season’s end, and the verdict was to rest the ankle, and try to avoid surgery?

Maybe the club spent some considerable time weighing up what to do with the ankle after the season ended, and opted for rest?

Maybe this, or maybe that, but we have no idea what the medical assessment and advice was. We just know that the ankle has not healed well, and now surgery is needed.

That’s all we know.

Feel like every year we have this same debate about "We can't be sure Collingwood mismanaged him it was probably just bad luck".

Every
Year

Its the ponies. Always the ponies.

That’s all we know.
What I know is that there was no reason at all for the club to act coy about the injury earlier today. It's not like there is a game coming up requiring them to mask the injury yet they still put out obnoxious tweets to try and put out spot fires in the media. It's unnecessary and borderline pathological how they try to sell lies.

What I know is that there was no reason at all for the club to act coy about the injury earlier today. It's not like there is a game coming up requiring them to mask the injury yet they still put out obnoxious tweets to try and put out spot fires in the media. It's unnecessary and borderline pathological how they try to sell lies.
Why should they give the vultures anything? the only story they are ever interested in is some sensational scandal and if there isn't one they make it up... **** em

Why should they give the vultures anything? the only story they are ever interested in is some sensational scandal and if there isn't one they make it up... **** em
Whether the media are vultures or not, why tell them it's a borderline routine scan, then a couple of hours later declare he needs surgery and 6 weeks rehab? We all knew there was more to this as did the media. Like Degoey's story last preseason, all the cover ups do is make the club look foolish.

Agree I was offline all day. Logged on, read a freebie article on the Hun saying "pies say nothing to see here".

Opened up BF, "Elliott in for surgery."

I don't care about whether he needed surgery off season or the wait & see approach was right or wrong because how could I know?

The bullshit from when it happened to the released statement by CFC is crap. So is the crap diagnosis about when he's able to be "back in full training."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF the club is telling the truth and he will be in full training by end of Jan, he should be ok by round 1 which is March 24th because thats what a month and a half of training/match sim, but let's face it. He probably wont be full training until mid Feb :(

Our new doctor may as well be Dr Nick Riviera. He would be an improvement.

How many times has this happened now. Rest will fix this. 2mths later, oh it didn’t ok let’s do surgery now so you miss most of pre season.

The other question is why didn’t Jamie tell the club 2wks ago that it wasn’t getting any better.

I appreciate your frustration, but I don’t feel as strongly as some about what the club chooses to make public, and the way they go about it. How and when they make these issues public is less of a concern for me.

My frustration is more about people getting upset over injury management. I cannot see that the club would ever knowingly or deliberately make an injury situation worse.

Being inept or irresponsible in terms of player injury is another matter, and I am still of the view that I don’t know enough to draw this conclusion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back