Game Day Anna Crowenina vs Hawky Park - A Russian Film fest

Remove this Banner Ad

Think we'll start looking shell-shocked once again with the Hawks kicking the first 4 goals of the game. After that we'll kick into gear with Jacobs, Lever and Sloane dominant.

Crows by 48.

I hope the players have kept themselves warm over the break, expecting a slow start but should run the game out to win by a few goals.

Anything less than a 10 goal win is a failure. Be ruthless.

I mean, it's good to have expectations...but the Hawks have had our number for a long time (before earlier this year). In reality, if we win, by whatever amount, it is not a failure imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not having their best player (Nicholls) this time round will hurt them. Frees were 22 - 11 their way last time lol.

I mean, it's good to have expectations...but the Hawks have had our number for a long time (before earlier this year). In reality, if we win, by whatever amount, it is not a failure imo.
We beat them last time by 24 points when they still felt like they would be a Finals contender.

That hope is gone now and their older guys are feeli g the long season.

If we are a genuine top 2 side we must smash them and bolster our percentage even more.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Without getting too far ahead of myself, on top of a good win, I'd really like to see us restrict their scoring. Squiggle has had out defensive rating increasing over the past few games. http://www.live.squiggle.com.au/#
IMHO this is a yard stick in assessing how we are going in dead games. Earlier when were flying, we score with ease and it doesn't matter if the other side does. The problem was when a side stops us, we're didn't stop them. Against Freo, Brissy and STK we did. Which is good. Even though they were junk games we didn't give up big passages of play like we had with Haw, Ess and GC earlier in the year.

Just watched the replay of the 2012 pf vs hawthorn on fox. * me what a game. Had it all. A classic running goal from johncock, a no pressure clanger from mackay, a very good 1 on 1 win for sloane on lewis, porpy closehanging hale, danger trying his guts out. Umpires were ******* terrible. Rioli was very good in the last quarter and won them the game. Theres still alot of players playing from that game. I hope some of our boys watched the replay too and it gives them even more motivation to smash these bastards.

Just watched the replay of the 2012 pf vs hawthorn on fox. **** me what a game. Had it all. A classic running goal from johncock, a no pressure clanger from mackay, a very good 1 on 1 win for sloane on lewis, porpy closehanging hale, danger trying his guts out. Umpires were ******* terrible. Rioli was very good in the last quarter and won them the game. Theres still alot of players playing from that game. I hope some of our boys watched the replay too and it gives them even more motivation to smash these bastards.
You left out the passage of play where Danger wanted to be the hero and kick the winning goal and got caught.

When he probably could have handballed over to Sloaney who was free....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We beat them last time by 24 points when they still felt like they would be a Finals contender.
That hope is gone now and their older guys are feeli g the long season.
If we are a genuine top 2 side we must smash them and bolster our percentage even more.

But that's the thing - last time our boys probably went in expecting it to be a tough game based on previous history so went in not complacent at all. This time though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back