Annabel Crabbe; why?

Remove this Banner Ad

When questioning Di Natalie this morning this alleged journalist asked him about renewal energy companies becoming big enough and profitable enough to annoy the Greens. I mean seriously what kind of question is that from someone hosting a serious political discussion program. She should go back to sharing cooking tips with Joe Hockey.

When questioning Di Natalie this morning this alleged journalist asked him about renewal energy companies becoming big enough and profitable enough to annoy the Greens. I mean seriously what kind of question is that from someone hosting a serious political discussion program. She should go back to sharing cooking tips with Joe Hockey.

Give her some time Gough, Annabella Crabby knows where all the sharpest knives in the kitchen are. And how to throw them.

Genuinely one of the worst things on the ABC. I say this despite the full suite of IPA goons that regularly appear across the station.

An insuferable snob and ruling class handmaiden.

maybe it was prompted by the commentary of Greens Legend Mr. Bob Brown basically saying the same thing during the week.

what a s**t thread lmao

Don't even bother watching Insiders when Crabb hosts.

Lame, careerist Let's 'respect' the government despite the government definitely not respecting us journalism is rife in Australia but she's the worst of them to have a regular TV presence.

All filtered through a cultivated, 'mumsy' persona so people watch and buy her cooking s**t. Will be flabbergasted (or pretend to be) when Scott Morrison is rolled in a couple years.

Liberals would cream themselves if she became host of 7.30.

Last edited:
Don't even bother watching Insiders when Crabb hosts.

Lame, careerist Let's 'respect' the government despite the government definitely not respecting us journalism is rife in Australia but she's the worst of them to have a regular TV presence.

All filtered through a cultivated, 'mumsy' persona so people watch and buy her cooking s**t. Will be flabbergasted (or pretend to be) when Scott Morrison is rolled in a couple years.

Liberals would cream themselves if she became host of 7.30.

So what you are saying is she is probably a Centrist and has no place at your ABC.

So what you are saying is she is probably a Centrist and has no place at your ABC.
She’s just a lightweight. She does a reasonable job of the gently humorous sketch type column and personality interview. And there’s a place for that, if you like that sort of stuff. But you don’t give that person one of the few serious interview slots.

Whether the government is Alp or Lib, the job is to hold the interviewees to account. She has not demonstrated that she is the one to do that.

Let's not pretend that this is anything more than Annabel being an uppity bitch who belongs in the kitchen, as highlighted by the many references to her culinary exploits in this thread alone.

Let's not pretend that this is anything more than Annabel being an uppity bitch who belongs in the kitchen, as highlighted by the many references to her culinary exploits in this thread alone.
I was waiting for this. I specifically referred to a question that as a journalist who wants to be taken seriously she has no business asking. If she wants to cuddle up to politicians and break bread that's fine but don't then pretend to be some sort of serious political commentator.

I was waiting for this. I specifically referred to a question that as a journalist who wants to be taken seriously she has no business asking. If she wants to cuddle up to politicians and break bread that's fine but don't then pretend to be some sort of serious political commentator.
If you don't understand why she might have thought to ask that question, even putting aside the fact that Bob Brown actually made those exact comments earlier in the week, I'm guessing you've got a poor grasp of the principles, policies and events that actually gave rise to the Greens in the first place. I found it to be a pertinent question that touches on how the Greens will placate the older conservationists and the younger progressives, kind of has significant impact on how the nation's most significant minor party will take shape in the future no?

I'm confused, why was that question so offensive/absurd/inappropriate to you?

I found it to be a pertinent question that touches on how the Greens will placate the older conservationists and the younger progressives, kind of has significant impact on how the nation's most significant minor party will take shape in the future no?
Did the question elicit a response that addressed those issues? Was there a follow up question?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She needs politicians on her cooking show! No sexism.

So it is her fault that a politician dodged the question?
No, but every interviewer should expect that they will try to. Better interviewers are better at dealing with that. She hasn’t (yet) convinced me that she’s one of them.
Was there a follow up question?

No, but every interviewer should expect that they will try to. Better interviewers are better at dealing with that. She hasn’t (yet) convinced me that she’s one of them.
Was there a follow up question?

I dont think Ive seen any interviewer bother pushing for answers in years. They just ask their question, get the soundbyte response and move on.

Or they go for dumb gotcha questions.

It's the ABC Gough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back