Qld Annastacia Palaszczuk Retires, Undefeated

Thats how well the pile on crowd can read him.
I think I get what Coates was trying to say, I think she should attend the opening ceremony too and if there hadn't been such a stink from certain sections about the trip I don't even think it would have been an issue but his delivery and choices of words was regrettable at the least.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
I think I get what Coates was trying to say, I think she should attend the opening ceremony too and if there hadn't been such a stink from certain sections about the trip I don't even think it would have been an issue but his delivery and choices of words was regrettable at the least.

Palochek painted herself into this corner by first saying she wasn't going to Tokyo then saying she wasn't going to attend the opening ceremony. This ruse of Coates 'ordering' her to attend was cringeworthy on both their parts.

Palochek painted herself into this corner by first saying she wasn't going to Tokyo then saying she wasn't going to attend the opening ceremony. This ruse of Coates 'ordering' her to attend was cringeworthy on both their parts.
I think the games will be a waste of money unless Brisbane can come up with the magic formula that every games but LA in 1984 has failed to find. That said as leader of the state being awarded the games I think Palaszuzuk should be there and attend the opening ceremony. This would be a non issue if fuss hadn't been made of her trip in the first place.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Wowee the QLD govt has increased land tax for foreign ownership. My partners company own 3 buildings up there and the tax has gone up from 750k to 1.5 mill.
Good. If there's one tax that should be raised, it's that one. Foreign owners of Australian land should have to pay a premium.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Gotta love this leader. The donald trump of australia.

locking queensland toddlers and old ladies out of queensland whilst letting in rugby players wives.

whats her catchphrase: i protect queenslanders.

her daily press briefs really need more attention. She truly is an idiot.

god help us if there is a major outbreak in queensland.

Dec 7, 2001
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Gotta love this leader. The donald trump of australia.

locking queensland toddlers and old ladies out of queensland whilst letting in rugby players wives.

whats her catchphrase: i protect queenslanders.

her daily press briefs really need more attention. She truly is an idiot.

god help us if there is a major outbreak in queensland.
Oh dear, you got your knickers in a twist again I see.

Oh dear, you got your knickers in a twist again I see.
I seriously don't get the hate. She has asked a perfectly legitimate question re children.

Both Pfizer and Moderna are currently conducting trials for children under 12 with the results due this month.

Perhaps if other state leaders and Morrison had really looked at what overseas countries had experienced we may have not been where we are.

I seriously don't get the hate. She has asked a perfectly legitimate question re children.

Both Pfizer and Moderna are currently conducting trials for children under 12 with the results due this month.

Perhaps if other state leaders and Morrison had really looked at what overseas countries had experienced we may have not been where we are.
She manages a whole government and can't have anyone research for papers? Isn't that what the CHO and her subordinates should be doing?

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong

Yeah thats not what the hate was about. Thats a different topic.

on your topic though, that no one brought up, its not so much that its the wrong thing to question, its more that its completely hypocritical coming from her. Two months ago her lot were pushing astrazeneca as being more dangerous then covid to teens let alone kids. She doesnt care about kids. there is no more political an animal in this country then her.

She manages a whole government and can't have anyone research for papers? Isn't that what the CHO and her subordinates should be doing?
How do you know she isn't as well as posing the question and maybe waiting for the report from Pfizer and Moderna?

Although I must admit, I would have preferred if Morrison took centre stage and said they were looking into it.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I am very happy to live here.
We support her anf her decisions.
That doesnt answer the question. Are you happy with her locking vulnerable people out from their home state? From their home and families? Leaving them homeless? Cos they didnt pay attention to the news for 24 hours. Do you sleep ok at night with that?

and knowing that she didnt have to do it cos she found space for rugby players wives and no doubt the numerous celebrities she allows into the state who are more important then queenslanders having basic rights.

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That doesnt answer the question. Are you happy with her locking vulnerable people out from their home state? From their home and families? Leaving them homeless? Cos they didnt pay attention to the news for 24 hours. Do you sleep ok at night with that?
Soundly. The NRL and their people all stay in a secure bubble on pain of a massive fine, whereas the recent story with the family who snuck back into Queensland from Melbourne shows you cannot trust the public to home quarantine properly.

Two months ago her lot were pushing astrazeneca as being more dangerous then covid to teens let alone kids.
No they weren't, unless you have no nuance whatsoever. The Chief Medical Officer cautioned people against having AZ if they're young because of the potential for blood clots and the lack of Covid cases in Queensland. That doesn't equate to what you've said above.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Gotta love how she constantly thanks queenslanders for compying with her Laws Like it was our choice. You effing forced us With criminal punishment if we didnt.

then theres her daddy syndrome where she treats us all us little children who solely needs protection. queensland need me to protect them. As she leaves queenslanders abandoned on the other side of the border

then you gotta love how she always knows what queenslanders want. always telling the media queensland wants me to do this. Queenslanders want this. You do not speak for some imaginary unified queensland will. It does not exist.

her complete disregard for australians is also abhorrent. She lives in the country of queensland and does not give a s**t about the people on the other side of the border nor the multi state families (i.e. people who see themselves as australians first) who live within queensland. Completely disregards these people basic rights like seeing a family member before they are about to die.

her quarantine system has been an utter farce with so many utterly incompotent mistakes. Only weather and luck has saved her from a major outbreak. And she loves to lock travellers up more then any other state. Including locking low risk interstate travellers in hotel rooms next to high risk international travellers with covid. And yes this has resulted in those low risk travellers getting covid And spreading it in the community. Thankfully we have the awesome covid protection of weather.

speak to doctors here and they are utterly stunned in regards to how incompotemt the state vaccine rollout has been. In the early stages we only distributed pfizer vaccines from the hospital we sent covid patients. So when we had a covid outbreak at the hospital we had to shut down the hospital and stop the vaccine program for a month. her and her chos anti vaxer sentiments has resulted in queensland to be dead last in the vaccine race. This is a women in a pandemic who decided getting a flu vaccine (there is no flu due to border control) was more important then a covid vaccine and then only thought a covid vaccine was important cos she was going to pandemic ravaged tokyo. And she was going only weeks after asking for international borders to be completely closed and slashing arrivals.

her obsession with making excuses to her border controls for celebrities, sports stars is beyond the pale. She is like a 12 year old girl who never grew up when it came to celebrity obsession. She throws tax payer money at them too like a coke addict Feeding her addiction.

and now she wants to ban the national reopening (cos she doesnt care about australians) cos all of a sudden she is worried about kids getting covid. Not long ago her health team were advocating vaccines as being more dangerous to teens then covid. Why the change in tune? Has nothing to do with kids welfare. Her popularity has soared as she became queenslands over protecting dad and she doesnt want that to end.

Last edited:
Back