Annoying animals near where you live and any amusing or interesting stories thereof

Remove this Banner Ad

In a small cOuntry town we hoons terrorised in our youth, there was the old football oval, that back in the regions heydey, was the towns local clubs. After the cLub folded, the oval become over run with rabbits.

We would load up on pot after dark, maybe the odd West end draught, then head into the slippery oval in our car and go bunny bashing. Lots of donuts, figure eights and big slides trying to run down those agile fast rabbits down

some nights there would be hundreds of rabbits and dozens of squashed ones left behind for the eagles foxes wild dogs and Crows.

A time of great enjoyment for the stoned passengers in the back as the car spins around or slides, headlights alluminating things for a brief second, better than a show ride and some blood and gore to boot.

No matter what angles are a factor in the running over of the rabbit, it's genetally the head that goes under the wheel. If the front wheels get it, there's a lot of banging under the car as you pass over flat bunny, bunny hitting car floor exhaust suspension and diff. Occasionally some fur left behind.

These bunny's were destroying the beaches, the mangroves, native grasses, native animals and agricultural land and provided a food source for cats and foxes doing the same thing. We were learning good car control Skills, having some bloody good fun and protecting the environment.

I hope I don't live long enough to see this happen will Smith style in I am Legend when the zombie apocalypse happens.

We would use traps for fixes, some times the fox would bite off their foot to escape. Cats we would use dogs to chase them up tress, then we would shoot them down.
I find it hilarious that psychopaths pretend they're conservationists. :D

I'm laying down on the beach, back soaking up the sun. I'm almost asleep when I feel this licking in my ear and slobbering. Then I hear this voice, female voice, calling the dog. Dog ignored owner and kept licking. Owner runs over and has to drag dog away. Owner says sorry and I felt guilty as I turned my head and looked up, said that's OK

Because standing over me, in one of those athlete style, Bikinis, was an athlete.

Why oh why did that annoying dog leave when the owner grabbed its collar, ill never know. Stupid dogs.

I'm laying down on the beach, back soaking up the sun. I'm almost asleep when I feel this licking in my ear and slobbering. Then I hear this voice, female voice, calling the dog. Dog ignored owner and kept licking. Owner runs over and has to drag dog away. Owner says sorry and I felt guilty as I turned my head and looked up, said that's OK

Because standing over me, in one of those athlete style, Bikinis, was an athlete.

Why oh why did that annoying dog leave when the owner grabbed its collar, ill never know. Stupid dogs.
They're called dags.

I've hand-reared some birds, had some rainbows through. They s**t. Not just polite little bird droppings, these guys let fly, and it stinks. Let me consult my pics-or-it-didn't-happen folder:
lorishit.jpg

That is ONE squirt, from ONE juvenile. Thankfully it was pointed away from me. I've had plenty go on my arm and clothes. I wised up with a cloth nappy tucked down my front like I'm eating lobster, and a sacrificial jacket, both of which got a daily soak in bleach before washing. It might be a defence mechanism, generally you've got five seconds from picking one up to take precautions. But even with one cuddled up on your chest going to sleep, sooner or later there's the awful hot flood followed by back in your box you filthy little **** while I get cleaned up...

It was a summer night and I was living in an upstairs unit, in bed trying to sleep. A cricket was chirping very loudly in the concrete area almost directly below my window. It was as loud as if a dog was barking next door. I was already hot and bothered and this was giving me the s***s.

I'd had enough, so I got the can of bug spray from the kitchen, walked outside, sprayed the area where the sound was coming from, and that shut the cricket up good and proper.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back