Another American Fan Reporting

Remove this Banner Ad

BigRed618

Draftee
Mar 9, 2021
Illinois, USA
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m a fan of sports in general, so it was painful to see it all come to a stop when the pandemic started. As I waited for the leagues in the US to start back up, I made do with what was available to me, and among the first sports to show up on TV happened to be the AFL. I became a fan real quick. I even chose a favorite team. It seemed the networks that showed AFL games favored Collingwood, and they played fairly well from what I’ve seen, so I went ahead and became a Pies fan. Here in 2021 American sports seem to be more/less back to normal, but I still look forward to getting up early to watch some Aussie rules again.

I’m especially interested in the aesthetics of sports, as in logos and uniforms. I like to create concept art of each, so you might see some of my work on here soon.

I’m a fan of sports in general, so it was painful to see it all come to a stop when the pandemic started. As I waited for the leagues in the US to start back up, I made do with what was available to me, and among the first sports to show up on TV happened to be the AFL. I became a fan real quick. I even chose a favorite team. It seemed the networks that showed AFL games favored Collingwood, and they played fairly well from what I’ve seen, so I went ahead and became a Pies fan. Here in 2021 American sports seem to be more/less back to normal, but I still look forward to getting up early to watch some Aussie rules again.

I’m especially interested in the aesthetics of sports, as in logos and uniforms. I like to create concept art of each, so you might see some of my work on here soon.
Hit up the Footy Jumpers/ Graphic Design board. Were always looking for new talent.

Also, welcome. Always great to see international fans getting involved.

I've always felt a fierce rivalry with the pies, but hopefully they have a decent season for you.

Welcome aboard mate. As Genghis Tron said, head over to Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design for your design fix. We've even got a US/Canada AFL comp coming up in the next few months!

Do you watch the Pat McAfee show? He's been a big fan of AFL since the lockdown hit.

And welcome. I really love hearing the stories of international fans and how they became fans of our sport.

You need to head over to the Design Competition.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-wont-clash-week-5-fremantle-dockers.1257218/

North :grimacing:...don't do it to yourself!;)
Too late. I'm a Cleveland fan as well, in every American sport, and if you know their history well... then clearly I've suffered a lot. And if you don't know their history, I'm not going to explain it, it'll just make me want to go pour boiling water down my throat.

I became a (half-attentive) North fan right after they won their last Premiership and it seems they haven't done anything right since. When you keep on supporting teams that can't seem to do anything right, you start going "Huh, maybe it's me..." I also have said that if Tasmania ever gets a team I'll be supporting it. But for better or for worse, it seems North has the best chance of becoming the Tassie team.

Too late. I'm a Cleveland fan as well, in every American sport, and if you know their history well... then clearly I've suffered a lot. And if you don't know their history, I'm not going to explain it, it'll just make me want to go pour boiling water down my throat.

I became a (half-attentive) North fan right after they won their last Premiership and it seems they haven't done anything right since. When you keep on supporting teams that can't seem to do anything right, you start going "Huh, maybe it's me..." I also have said that if Tasmania ever gets a team I'll be supporting it. But for better or for worse, it seems North has the best chance of becoming the Tassie team.

Yeah I know the browns history all too well, they are my second NFL team so I feel for their fans a lot. Browns entering a golden age? Maybe, stranger things have happened.

& if you've been following Norf since 1999 then you know the story all too well. Believe it or not I was at that game, was so sure Essendon would make the GF, me & a mate booked tickets & flights early. Wasn't the most fun I ever had but watching Carlton lose a granny was enjoyable enough;). Luckily my mob made up for the heartache a year later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back