Another cop sniper - At least three police officers feared dead in Baton Rouge

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Bennett.

Your training, Matrix
10k Posts Essendon Player Sponsor 2018 Essendon Player Sponsor 2017 Essendon Player Sponsor 2016 Essendon Player Sponsor 2014 Essendon Player Sponsor 2015
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Maple Leafs, Blue Jays
US is going to end up going full martial law

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Looks like another one

They need to recognize that the legal carrying of guns in a civil society is a recipe for disaster...Until sanity prevails & they recognize the errors of their ways, by rescinding the 2nd amendment, then it's only going to get worse.

If you want to keep the Wild West ways, then suffer the logical consequences....Crazy town.

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
They need to recognize that the legal carrying of guns in a civil society is a recipe for disaster...Until sanity prevails & they recognize the errors of their ways, by rescinding the 2nd amendment, then it's only going to get worse.

If you want to keep the Wild West ways, then suffer the logical consequences....Crazy town.
Yep, lets put all the blame on guns instead of the people that committed these attacks and why, not to mention that the gunman(men?) are more than likely to have been using ILLEGAL guns so the legality of guns is irrelevant because bad people will find ways to kill regardless, like in Nice.

The 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere so you should really stop beating that dead horse.

Waiting for the NRA to come out with: Due to the recent spate of mass shootings, the only thing thats going to fix this is more guns for everyone.

Gun sales tend to go up after shootings because people are afraid the the government will take away their right to protect themselves and use lawfully.

Texas Waffle House robber armed with AK-47 shot by customer carrying licensed handgun

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...r-armed-ak-47-shot-customer-article-1.2711668

Can we just merge this thread with the existing thread on the Dallas shootings and rename it to more broadly cover this topic?

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep, lets put all the blame on guns instead of the people that committed these attacks and why, not to mention that the gunman(men?) are more than likely to have been using ILLEGAL guns so the legality of guns is irrelevant because bad people will find ways to kill regardless, like in Nice.

Umm... literally all of the mass shootings to date (and all the prominent ones this year in the US) have featured legally purchased Guns.

I cant think of a single one where the gun was purchased illegally. If this dude bought his on the black market or something he'd be the first. * knows why he'd bother though - he just has to wander up to a Gun show or an ad on Craigslist.

And surely having a shitload of legally owned guns in society leads to more illegally owned ones falling through the cracks, getting stolen or just floating around?

What an odd point to make.

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
Umm... literally all of the mass shootings to date (and all the prominent ones this year in the US) have featured legally purchased Guns.

I cant think of a single one where the gun was purchased illegally. If this dude bought his on the black market or something he'd be the first. **** knows why he'd bother though - he just has to wander up to a Gun show or an ad on Craigslist.

And surely having a shitload of legally owned guns in society leads to more illegally owned ones falling through the cracks, getting stolen or just floating around?

What an odd point to make.
Well I am wrong on the mass shootings part as I was thinking more towards all crime and homicides instead of mass shootings, thats on me.

But you can't say "literally all".

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/most-guns-mass-shootings-obtained-legally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

The 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere so you should really stop beating that dead horse.

Gun sales tend to go up after shootings because people are afraid the the government will take away their right to protect themselves and use lawfully.

Texas Waffle House robber armed with AK-47 shot by customer carrying licensed handgun

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...r-armed-ak-47-shot-customer-article-1.2711668

Can we just merge this thread with the existing thread on the Dallas shootings and rename it to more broadly cover this topic?

It's people like you who just don't get it, and who are actually part of the problem, in aiding & abetting more deaths through silly rationalizations, posturing as sensible logic.

Making carrying guns legal is what has sparked these police shootings to begin with....Shaky cops will likely shoot first if a perp is carrying a weapon....Especially large, big-bodied, African-Americans, capable of physically over-powering them; where a gun is their only advantage & measure of control. Not to mention all those affected by drugs, mental illness & malice, all having ease of access.

Yet you come into this forum citing a single example as an argument against common-sense. More of the same madness.

You just don't get it....Guns have no place out on the street in a civil society...Police are there to enforce the law & to serve & protect...They are a crucial part of peace & democracy. They represent A thin blue line between law & order and chaos & anarchy in society. Guns are a part of their arsenal & advantage to facilitate that job, in defending peace & democracy against civil disobedience....By making weapons legal, you are in fact stripping away that safeguard....This point is blindingly self-evident, to those of us not toting an agenda.

The 2nd Amendment must be rescinded as an enemy of civil law & order & in the protection of law enforcement as a safeguard for democracy.

Glacier

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2007
close
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Meh. A lot of Americans treat their guns better than they treat their loved ones, some really paranoid mothergooses over there.
I have been to the states a few times and never did I feel unsafe, even the trips when I was by myself
Yet I would have second thoughts at the moment

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
The 2nd Amendment must be rescinded as an enemy of civil law & order & in the protection of law enforcement as a safeguard for democracy.
While I agree with most of your post I will challenge this a little. I have no personal problem if the US rescinded the 2nd Amendment ( but they wont)

What I will offer as an alternative is the reduction in Carry permits. To zero would be good , but at least to the ordinary person on the street , there should be no logical reason to carry a gun when out shopping.

My thoughts to the officers families in this terrible time for them

Feb 24, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
While I agree with most of your post I will challenge this a little. I have no personal problem if the US rescinded the 2nd Amendment ( but they wont)
What I will offer as an alternative is the reduction in Carry permits. To zero would be good , but at least to the ordinary person on the street , there should be no logical reason to carry a gun when out shopping.
My thoughts to the officers families in this terrible time for them

They have to start by banning the sales of automatic assault style weapons, The average Joe Public has no need for these types of weapons that can fire dozens of rounds.

That's a start, but the NRA wont let it happen

These are the kind of self defeating thoughts the NRA & all other nut-jobs, and left-over as remnants from the wild-west days, want....That lobby must be quashed in the name of & in defense of Democracy....The 2nd amendment is a perversion of the constitution & of a civil society, not an addition.

As to GreyCrow 's final thoughts....Indeed.

Back