Another cop sniper - At least three police officers feared dead in Baton Rouge

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think anyone intends to remove all guns, legal or illegal, that are out there in the States but to at least make it difficult for clearly mentally ill people, criminals, etc.. to obtain them legally as if they were purchasing a cheeseburger.

I realise criminals can still buy guns in the black market but you have to start somewhere to prevent the easy availability of an insane number of guns that fuel unnecessary violence.

which is why proper licencing including adequte age restrictions, gun safety programs and minimum 30 day wait periods for ALL weapons are where it should start.

it wont have a strong impact on general gun crime nor gun ownership from enthusiasts, what it will stop is Samantha buying a shotgun from best buy and shooting up her best friends trailer for hooking up with Jason when she was out of town.

it will also stop angry 16 year old's from shooting up schools.

It always starts somewhere, doesn't it?

And what makes you think they were crazy? If "shooting people" makes them crazy, then isn't that the case with, say, a cop shooting someone for what turns out to be absolutely no valid reason?

How are 2 ex servicemen, used to living in conditions of war & shooting to kill, Representative of the norms of civil society?....That's quite a long bow to draw.

As to unjustified killing on behalf of police?....That is for a court of law to decide upon. Not armed vigilantes seeking random vengeance upon police officers.

Yours is a recipe for disaster & anarchy.

How are 2 ex servicemen, used to living in conditions of war & shooting to kill, Representative of the norms of civil society?....That's quite a long bow to draw.

As to unjustified killing on behalf of police?....That is for a court of law to decide upon. Not armed vigilantes seeking random vengeance upon police officers.

Yours is a recipe for disaster & anarchy.
They are trained - the closest thing to a well organised militia you could get, I'd say.

They are trained - the closest thing to a well organised militia you could get, I'd say.

The police or the servicemen?....How is this addressing the points in my post?

You can't have law & order in a civil society, where there is attempted justification, legitimization & validation of an open season on its enforcement officers.....Surely you can see that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not swayed either way with gun control, but for those that are arguing that guns make a measurable difference how does this graph sit with your position? Some drop, particularly in 2010, but not what I thought it would have been.
Mate, I am sure there are 75 year old grannys packing sub machine guns in their hand bags....

Seriously.... The USA should change their constitution on gun laws. Do people have the right to defend themselves? sure they do.

If anything The USA should adpot similar laws to Australia. Gun licenses are strict in Australia. You can only have access to certain guns here. Even then its single shot rifles and single shot shotguns.

Ak 47s and other high powered guns should not be sold in the streets in the US.

busted flat in baton rouge
waitin for a train
feelin near as faded as my jeans
bobby thumbed a diesel down
just before it rained
rode the thing all the way to new orleans

Mate, I am sure there are 75 year old grannys packing sub machine guns in their hand bags....

Seriously.... The USA should change their constitution on gun laws. Do people have the right to defend themselves? sure they do.

If anything The USA should adpot similar laws to Australia. Gun licenses are strict in Australia. You can only have access to certain guns here. Even then its single shot rifles and single shot shotguns.

Ak 47s and other high powered guns should not be sold in the streets in the US.
It's too late for the US. They can't put the genie back in the bottle now.

Yep, lets put all the blame on guns instead of the people that committed these attacks and why, not to mention that the gunman(men?) are more than likely to have been using ILLEGAL guns so the legality of guns is irrelevant because bad people will find ways to kill regardless, like in Nice.

The 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere so you should really stop beating that dead horse.

Gun sales tend to go up after shootings because people are afraid the the government will take away their right to protect themselves and use lawfully.

Texas Waffle House robber armed with AK-47 shot by customer carrying licensed handgun

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...r-armed-ak-47-shot-customer-article-1.2711668

Can we just merge this thread with the existing thread on the Dallas shootings and rename it to more broadly cover this topic?

How can people in an educated society have such stupid opinions.

Rubbish.

They wrote no orders, had no logistical plan in place, complete lack of integral comms or transport assets. The failed execution of their operation makes it clear they failed to conduct a risk assessment, battlespace intel assessment or appreciation process to the mission.

1/10 - would not hire.

Rubbish.

They wrote no orders, had no logistical plan in place, complete lack of integral comms or transport assets. The failed execution of their operation makes it clear they failed to conduct a risk assessment, battlespace intel assessment or appreciation process to the mission.

1/10 - would not hire.
We play by the book here! There's no room for mavericks!

Can't see a thread on this anywhere, but this is the nearest in relation to it, re anti-police riots.

It's rare that I'll post anything off fox. But when it's balanced & makes sense, it sure stands out among their usual slanted agenda crud.

Can't see a thread on this anywhere, but this is the nearest in relation to it, re anti-police riots.

It's rare that I'll post anything off fox. But when it's balanced & makes sense, it sure stands out among their usual slanted agenda crud.

Bless Sherrif David Clarke, not afraid to call out mainstream media bullshit and the narrative they're pressing on America.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back