Another Mark Roberts

Remove this Banner Ad

If SAV isn't the success we hope he is at Full Forward, do you think Denis can turn him into another Mark Roberts??

His big, reasonably mobile, can mark and kick from outside the fifty. Roberts became a very useful player on the flanks/wing. Maybe SAV could become the same.

------------------
In the past this information has been surpressed, but now it can be told. Every man, woman and mutant on this planet shall know the truth about De-evolution.
Oh Dad, We're all DEVO

The fridge was a much underrated player - I don't think Sav has his versatility but could still be good value for the Roos.

[This message has been edited by The invisible mullet (edited 12 January 2001).]

The thing that Roberts has that Rocca doesn't is a tactical knowledge of the game. I think the best flankers and wingers in the games are those who know when to fill in the space and when to create the space, and from what Pagan has said in the past, Roberts knew what to do. By contrast, I don't think Rocca has the same instinctive knowledge. A few Pies fans felt that Rocca's best years was when he had Brereton near him and telling him where to lead and what to do. So I think we'll get the best value out of Rocca by having him as full forward and having Carey guide him around.

I hate to admit Shinners you softie but I think I have to agree with you whole heartedly.

Gee that makes my blood boil

wink.gif

Cheers

I think if Pagan can instil into Rocca a bit of "mongrel" ala Plugger then he will do well.

If he manages to use that huge body to run into a few blokes, with the support of Carey and on ocassions Archer (hey what the hell - throw Choppy Pickett in there as well!!), defenders will start having a peep over the shoulder
wink.gif

Carnage in the Roos forward line!!!

Cheers

Gonzo

Gee, what next KHM....CIK to start a Corey McKernan fan club??
wink.gif

Gonzo, I'd sure love to see some of the mongrel return to the North side. Some swagger and some attitude....the '96 model with every opposition player checking over their shoulders would do nicely....and if we could get Sav to crash through packs and cause carnage with opposition defences....hum, don't know what would be better, seeing someone like Steve Silvagni s**t himself or the red faces over at the Jock McHale stadium...imagine Eddie McChins trying to explain that one on the Footy show
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Shinboners (edited 12 January 2001).]

mark roberts and sav rocca may have similar builds, but mark roberts had an excellent football brain.

i doubt it if rocca has the football cunning, mark roberts had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back