Review Another One Down, Who’s Next - Freo by 3 Over Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I only discovered who this Howie guy is yesterday and far out. He's out of the same commentary school as Kelly. It's painful.

Dal Santo is pretty good. Brad Johnson is a flog. That pick 59 in the 2007 draft did well I thought. Backed us in to win it as well. Showed alot of confidence.

High fend off high fend off. Cheerleaders.
Yeah, that 'high fend off' barracking was cringeworthy.

David King is becoming a caricature of himself. I often shake my head watching the Fox analysis where just 1 select piece of play is enough to define an entire game style. Or “brand”.

That being said, I’ve been burnt enough times by this club that I only ever believe it when I see it too.

David King is becoming a caricature of himself. I often shake my head watching the Fox analysis where just 1 select piece of play is enough to define an entire game style. Or “brand”.

That being said, I’ve been burnt enough times by this club that I only ever believe it when I see it too.
This is bang on. King's spot on First Crack made absolutely no sense and the others are actually making fun of him for it now.

I don't think I've ever seen a supposedly neutral pundit be so unwilling to offer any meaningful praise for a club before. He doesn't have to say we're guaranteed to play finals because no-one is guaranteed. But if we continue to play the way we have for the last 5 rounds - for sure we're good enough to play in September.

Kingy called Fremantle supporters a ‘sensitive bunch’ on the means test on SEN this morning, hopefully we keep winning so the t****r keeps having to talk positively about us given u can see he is cringing every time ‘Fremantle’ are mentioned

Hey guys
Great win.

I wanted to get your thoughts on Meek. I was expecting to see a lot more from him against a fairly inconsistent (yet athletic) Rhys Stanley.
Is his ceiling reasonable moving forward?

Hey guys
Great win.

I wanted to get your thoughts on Meek. I was expecting to see a lot more from him against a fairly inconsistent (yet athletic) Rhys Stanley.
Is his ceiling reasonable moving forward?
There are others higher on him than me but I do think he's deserving as a first ruck somewhere in the comp. Ceiling is a Pittonent level first ruck choice IMO. Good without being elite, but often that's all you need from your ruck.

Kingy called Fremantle supporters a ‘sensitive bunch’ on the means test on SEN this morning, hopefully we keep winning so the t****r keeps having to talk positively about us given u can see he is cringing every time ‘Fremantle’ are mentioned
seems pretty accurate reading some of our threads recently.

Season 5 What GIF by The Office

Is there no I? Dear.

Wow I was pretty drunk on game day.

i believe mundi is the technical term to refer to a group of Mundy's, maybe looking forward to having him line up with his kids in a few years?

Sheez, tough crowd! * one goat……🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recall David King the night before the 2013 GF was on AFL 360 basically saying the only way hawthorn could stop crowley is basically go out there and knock him out of the game illegally basically encouraged what Gaff did years later to brayshaw.

Hi excuse was with a Grand Final at stake a premiership was worth a suspension.

It was disgraceful that fox allowed him to say that on TV.

While I'm not a fan of King, I'm pretty sure he said he's not locking us in for prelim final, not just finals.

I read all the comments here and went and watched. He wasn't gushing in praise for us but did mention four times that 'he used to think' 'they have changed my mind' and said we would play finals but as you said wasn't sure about a prlim. He mentioned that we are weak in the contest and then said Fyfe back will fix that.

I am not a massive fan of King but didn't think he was unfair. We are coming from being crap for years and are looking at an 8 or 9 and 1 start to the year. In another thread here after the saints game I was being positive and saying we would win the next two games and people thought I was too positive.

I had no issue with the run down by King. Dixon and Montagna were giving it to him and obviously Montagna rates us higher than King. We win the next two and I would think people will start to think higher of us.

Having said all that - the amount of positive talk about Carlton beating North is astounding. Is any team jumped on so quickly after a win? Hopefully we can get a 50 point percentage boosting wi this week.

We are, but there is a lot more of us than they think! They all think that Toast have the supporters, and we are just 10% of the population

I read all the comments here and went and watched. He wasn't gushing in praise for us but did mention four times that 'he used to think' 'they have changed my mind' and said we would play finals but as you said wasn't sure about a prlim. He mentioned that we are weak in the contest and then said Fyfe back will fix that.

I am not a massive fan of King but didn't think he was unfair. We are coming from being crap for years and are looking at an 8 or 9 and 1 start to the year. In another thread here after the saints game I was being positive and saying we would win the next two games and people thought I was too positive.

I had no issue with the run down by King. Dixon and Montagna were giving it to him and obviously Montagna rates us higher than King. We win the next two and I would think people will start to think higher of us.

Having said all that - the amount of positive talk about Carlton beating North is astounding. Is any team jumped on so quickly after a win? Hopefully we can get a 50 point percentage boosting wi this week.
The praise for other teams is the biggest knobhead move from King. I can get being circumspect on us given the history, not when he gushes praise on other teams without the restraint. He's quite clearly sick of Montagna and others giving him s**t over Freo and is being a stubborn jackass about it

The praise for other teams is the biggest knobhead move from King. I can get being circumspect on us given the history, not when he gushes praise on other teams without the restraint. He's quite clearly sick of Montagna and others giving him s**t over Freo and is being a stubborn jackass about it

I can see that and agree there is a little bit going on and he is being stubborn. I just don't think he was anywhere near as bad as was being mentioned. Anyway, what a position to be in with so many of the commentators and other teams talking us up. We are playing a tonne better than I thought we would. I still can't believe we beat the cats.

The type of win that had my dad call me (immediately after the song of course) to talk about it all excitedly before he hangs up quickly because he still thinks the call is going to cost $50 as was ingrained in him for so long... haha

I was a glutton for punishment as I watched First crack to see what King said about Freo...his comments come off as a backhanded compliment. Seems like he's hanging for our boys to make a slip up so he can ridicule us again.

The way he talked about Carlton's win vs North was the opposite. Pumped them up... like we didn't beat them the week prior 😒

There was David King telling Fremantle what you couldn't do down at Alphabet Park, But we had King David telling the boys what they could and did do down there to get the win.
Mundy put his body on the line at that last centre bounce.
I will remember that effort for a long time.

While I'm not a fan of King, I'm pretty sure he said he's not locking us in for prelim final, not just finals.
Had a listen and it is 100% that he said prelim. Not an outrageous statement (I am hopeful but not totally convinced either).

Can we just stop giving King the air he desperately wants.

David King is playing the troll card. Perhaps if we stop speaking of him and random members of the public cease their sending of vitriolic-filled tweets and DM's to him, he will have no platform in which to irritate from. Who cares as to what his opinion of our club is anyway. He's a hack media figure from Melbourne with the intelligence of a goldfish (sorry goldfish, I did you dirty there!).
To quote you Sonson -“But it’s fun”

Two weeks in a row now our back six have taken on the biggest brutes in the competition and come away with great victories.
Last week, McKay and Curnow.
Then on the weekend, Cameron and Hawkins.
Our backs stood firm in both games. Out standing efforts from Pearce and Logue with great support from Cox, Ryan, Walker and Clark.
Our back line is a major strength at the moment.

I'm actually really intereste in David King's analysis.

He said we're "14th at clearance, which will correct when Fyfe comes back" in which he appears to be talking about Team Vs Oppo Clearance differential. According to footwire, we're actually 9th. So this is confusing. But most confusing...

Honest question...

Can anyone please explain what he means when he says "Freo are 12th with the footy"???

I have no idea what that actually means?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back