Another rant. Maybe I am lockdown bored but I do hate they way we are treated at Preston.

Aug 24, 2008
Arsenal
I will start by saying I am an old Preston Bullants kid. Grew up at Cramer St in the 70s and early 80s with the old man that worked for the Club and an Uncle that was Premiership player. Loved the place. I do not want to see them disappear, would love to see the Bullants back.

However, I really get annoyed when I read crap like this. This is a quote form the Herald Sun from the Northern Bullants President on them trying to stay alive after Carlton sucked them dry and then let them go....or whatever happened.

If the Bullants do return – and Papal said the club had received tremendous backing from AFL Victoria and AFL state leagues manager Tristan Salter – it will be able to offer players a pathway from juniors, to the VAFA and the VFL.

Papal said sponsors would get excellent exposure at Cramer St.

“We’ll be there three times a week. We can give them more bang for their buck … our club, the amateurs, the juniors and we run the Northern footy league finals,’’ Papal said.

“That’s exposure from Preston to Kinglake. It’s the biggest growth corridor in Australia.’’

Yes, you read that correctly the President of the Bullants has stated that they RUN the Northern Footy Finals. WTF!!!!

Now we know why the NFNL have been so hell bent on staying at a place that most visitors do not want to go to its because the NFNL are incompetent to run their own finals this bloke does. I have no idea why the NFNL have paid employees when all we need is the Northern Bullants.

They have a captured audience from Preston to Kinglake?? WTF!!! How???

The NFNL, if they had any balls would come out and dismiss this. But I guarantee there are kickbacks and crap that allows this to happen. The shiny arse board and “workers” of the NFNL will laugh it off and accept another free lunch from Northern Bullants.

As we all know even though there is perfectly good grounds around (and now we have La Trobe) we will still have to suck it up and go to Preston, be fed by Preston, drink Preston beers and not allowed in the social rooms at Preston.

And this fool has clearly indicated to sponsors and supporters that all he says includes juniors….remember from Preston to Kinglake is a growth corridor. Do Clubs around that area lose sponsors due to such crap being said?

So, anyone that loves their Club and is worried how they are going during in this current crisis sleep well knowing that you are supporting the Northern Bullants and you probably would not exist without them.

roosterslife

Sep 7, 2018
I will start by saying I am an old Preston Bullants kid. Grew up at Cramer St in the 70s and early 80s with the old man that worked for the Club and an Uncle that was Premiership player. Loved the place. I do not want to see them disappear, would love to see the Bullants back.

However, I really get annoyed when I read crap like this. This is a quote form the Herald Sun from the Northern Bullants President on them trying to stay alive after Carlton sucked them dry and then let them go....or whatever happened.

Yes, you read that correctly the President of the Bullants has stated that they RUN the Northern Footy Finals. WTF!!!!

Now we know why the NFNL have been so hell bent on staying at a place that most visitors do not want to go to its because the NFNL are incompetent to run their own finals this bloke does. I have no idea why the NFNL have paid employees when all we need is the Northern Bullants.

They have a captured audience from Preston to Kinglake?? WTF!!! How???

The NFNL, if they had any balls would come out and dismiss this. But I guarantee there are kickbacks and crap that allows this to happen. The shiny arse board and “workers” of the NFNL will laugh it off and accept another free lunch from Northern Bullants.

As we all know even though there is perfectly good grounds around (and now we have La Trobe) we will still have to suck it up and go to Preston, be fed by Preston, drink Preston beers and not allowed in the social rooms at Preston.

And this fool has clearly indicated to sponsors and supporters that all he says includes juniors….remember from Preston to Kinglake is a growth corridor. Do Clubs around that area lose sponsors due to such crap being said?

So, anyone that loves their Club and is worried how they are going during in this current crisis sleep well knowing that you are supporting the Northern Bullants and you probably would not exist without them.
What’s the issue here? It’s no secret!!
They have been running the finals for more then 10 years now. It’s there ground and there facilities, ofcourse they run it and the league make a lot of money having it there!
The NFNL league still run how the day is run, he’s talking about canteen, gate and alcohol, so why wouldn’t sponsors want to come on Board when it’s there every Saturday and Sunday for 4 weeks.
I’m not sure yeh problem?

Aug 24, 2008
Arsenal
What’s the issue here? It’s no secret!!
They have been running the finals for more then 10 years now. It’s there ground and there facilities, ofcourse they run it and the league make a lot of money having it there!
The NFNL league still run how the day is run, he’s talking about canteen, gate and alcohol, so why wouldn’t sponsors want to come on Board when it’s there every Saturday and Sunday for 4 weeks.
I’m not sure yeh problem?

Really, you are happy that a Club not associated with the NFNL is making money off us? Your a nice bloke.

They run crap, They 'host' games, having people cook a BBQ and sell beers is not actually running the NFNL finals. So he told a lie. (gate is not ran by them that is the NFNL)

What money does the league make? A lot you say? What evidence do you have?

http://nfnl.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/2019-NFNL-Annual-Report.pdf NO financial details made public

http://nfnl.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/2018-NFNL-Annual-Report.pdf Again, no financial details in this report.

I could go on (http://nfnl.org.au/annual-reports/, go there and see for yourself) but the NFNL always hide the details on their financials so we can see that holding the finals at Preston is financially viable.

My problem is we are financially looking after something that is not associated with the NFNL and if we held it at facilities that we controlled we could lessen the annual costs the league charge all clubs.

The article I quoted stated all NFNL finals, Div 3 does not see Preston. Div 2 only a few games. I had issue as they are not telling the truth to sponsors and possible taking sponsors from NFNL sides.

These are my problem.

Turbos mail

Jan 15, 2015
Really, you are happy that a Club not associated with the NFNL is making money off us? Your a nice bloke.

They run crap, They 'host' games, having people cook a BBQ and sell beers is not actually running the NFNL finals. So he told a lie. (gate is not ran by them that is the NFNL)

http://nfnl.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/2019-NFNL-Annual-Report.pdf NO financial details made public

http://nfnl.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/2018-NFNL-Annual-Report.pdf Again, no financial details in this report.

I could go on (http://nfnl.org.au/annual-reports/, go there and see for yourself) but the NFNL always hide the details on their financials so we can see that holding the finals at Preston is financially viable.

My problem is we are financially looking after something that is not associated with the NFNL and if we held it at facilities that we controlled we could lessen the annual costs the league charge all clubs.

The article I quoted stated all NFNL finals, Div 3 does not see Preston. Div 2 only a few games. I had issue as they are not telling the truth to sponsors and possible taking sponsors from NFNL sides.

These are my problem.
A lot of leagues do a similar thing.
EDFL use windy hill, Coburg.

WRFL use Werribee VFL

I guess it’s kind of similar but hear your point. I think it’s more playing on a better surface with better amenities however I agree Cramer St is a bit outdated but Windy Hill’s amenities are not great either but it’s a top surface and bit of history to play on windy hill.

Keptindark

Nov 24, 2017

These are my problem.
They are always hiding things and will never come out and make a statement on things. You made some great points with facts.

Aug 24, 2008
Arsenal
With them now being located at LaTrobe they can clearly own and run their own finals. Imagine the proper money they could make and this would spill down to all Clubs. It sounds so simple to me, I am sure there is excuses on why we cannot do it.

roosterslife

Sep 7, 2018

These are my problem.
Well it’s the majority of NFNL finals so who cares, it’s not a lie. Ask the president at your club, he will tell you the NFNL are making a lot more they were when the finals were at Epping.

Where do you propose the finals to be played that can accomodate parking, change rooms up to standard, fenced in, stands. You do realise if they play it at a ground like Eltham, how unfair is that for every other club, and hike ground?

The league can’t just take over a clubs facilities, they have no right. A deal would have to be done!

That’s the exact reason they have the new ground, where most finals will be played eventually, when there deal with Preston finishes!

Lots of other leagues around Victoria use bigger and better venues, not associated with there league.

You are making a bigger issue then it really should be!

Aug 24, 2008
Arsenal
Well it’s the majority of NFNL finals so who cares, it’s not a lie. Ask the president at your club, he will tell you the NFNL are making a lot more they were when the finals were at Epping.

Where do you propose the finals to be played that can accomodate parking, change rooms up to standard, fenced in, stands. You do realise if they play it at a ground like Eltham, how unfair is that for every other club, and hike ground?

The league can’t just take over a clubs facilities, they have no right. A deal would have to be done!

That’s the exact reason they have the new ground, where most finals will be played eventually, when there deal with Preston finishes!

Lots of other leagues around Victoria use bigger and better venues, not associated with there league.

You are making a bigger issue then it really should be!

You speak like you actually know and trust me I do not have to ask my President.....

I am not sure you have been around for long, but Preston does not accommodate the finals well at all. If you think they do you have very simple standards.

And you are completely wrong, the league can take over a clubs facilities and does, well not take over but they can use them. Why do we conduct Div 2 and 3 finals at local grounds, its good enough for them.....why is it not fair? You do know the NFNL actually run all gates and canteens/bars at these grounds don't you....and this money goes to the NFNL (thus all Clubs) not Preston....which is one of my main points. Lots of other leagues? VAFA, EFL are two of the biggest and they use suburban grounds (played at Bayswater and its an awesome set up as well). I think EDFL use Windy Hill and SFL use Moorabbin, hardly lots and does not mean using Preston is an answer.

As I said at the start of this thread it may be a covid rant and everyone is entitled to their opinion, including you and me.

Oh, !!!!!! you seemed to do a lot of them.

10571z

Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
Division 1 -

Eltham, ample parking, train next door, heart of the diamond valley, great viewing, night game quality lights, awesome atmosphere. Absolute no brainer for me while Eltham is in D2

Divison 2 -
Diamond creek if they aren’t in it, station, parking and I’ve seen it fenced off for junior finals

Whittlesea if above isn’t available.

Heidelberg like the old days

Division 3 -

Latrobe - Central, big enough for D3 finals.

roosterslife

Sep 7, 2018
Division 1 -

Eltham, ample parking, train next door, heart of the diamond valley, great viewing, night game quality lights, awesome atmosphere. Absolute no brainer for me while Eltham is in D2

Divison 2 -
Diamond creek if they aren’t in it, station, parking and I’ve seen it fenced off for junior finals

Division 3 -

Div 1 will be played at Latrobe once the Preston contract runs out. No chance Eltham or any other club will get it!

You can’t just say Diamond Creek if they aren’t it it? What do you do if they make the finals? They need a venue locked in before the season starts

10571z

Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
Div 1 will be played at Latrobe once the Preston contract runs out. No chance Eltham or any other club will get it!

You can’t just say Diamond Creek if they aren’t it it? What do you do if they make the finals? They need a venue locked in before the season starts
Latrobes not suitable for division 1, half the oval slopes away from the ground so viewers have limited area.

Call again

Rookie
Nov 4, 2014
Division 1 -

Divison 2 -

Division 3 -

Div 1 GF at Eltham would be huge. Parking situation not ideal but Central Park packed to the rafters on a glorious Spring afternoon would be epic.

Thunder1

Nov 7, 2019
Not sure what the attraction to Eltham is, not a great surface, poor parking
Still think the best 2 grounds are Epping and Whittlesea. Great playing surfaces, ample parking, change rooms different areas of ground (NFNL want this)
Chance for other clubs to have BBQ’s in different areas
Atmosphere at both grounds for finals has always been good

10571z

Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
Not sure what the attraction to Eltham is, not a great surface, poor parking
Still think the best 2 grounds are Epping and Whittlesea. Great playing surfaces, ample parking, change rooms different areas of ground (NFNL want this)
Chance for other clubs to have BBQ’s in different areas
Atmosphere at both grounds for finals has always been good
Surface is good, rarely windy, plenty of seating and undercover.

There is heaps of parking. Might have to walk a little.

Whittlesea is horrendous if it’s wet. There is no cover at all and barely any seats

Both Epping and Whittlesea are ages from most people being my main issue.

Oct 3, 2017
Surface is good, rarely windy, plenty of seating and undercover.

There is heaps of parking. Might have to walk a little.

Whittlesea is horrendous if it’s wet. There is no cover at all and barely any seats

Both Epping and Whittlesea are ages from most people being my main issue.
Undercover at eltham? For how many?

10571z

Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
Undercover at eltham? For how many?
I’m not sure exactly but with their redevelopment the space looks quite big.

Heaps of seats and good viewing most of the way around.

I reckon it’s pretty stupid having Banyule vs Lower plenty play a grand final at Preston if Eltham was available for example.

Casual viewers from the nillumbik shire are almost non existent at Preston.

Same with say Northcote vs West Preston I wouldn’t play that at diamond creek if they are interested in maximum attendance

roosterslife

Sep 7, 2018
I’m not sure exactly but with their redevelopment the space looks quite big.

Heaps of seats and good viewing most of the way around.

I reckon it’s pretty stupid having Banyule vs Lower plenty play a grand final at Preston if Eltham was available for example.

Casual viewers from the nillumbik shire are almost non existent at Preston.

Same with say Northcote vs West Preston I wouldn’t play that at diamond creek if they are interested in maximum attendance
You can’t predict who is going to be in the Grand Final months in advance. The venue would have to be selected months before the date to prepare.

roosterslife

Sep 7, 2018
Why? A week Or 2 is plenty of time to prep for the grand final.
Not even close. You do realise Preston start preparing months in advance for the finals. Getting sponsors, suppplies (food and alcohol), permits for parking. The council would have to sign off o having it there. It takes a hell a lot longer then a week or 2. Would need to know by July!

10571z

Aug 23, 2006
Christmas Hills
Not even close. You do realise Preston start preparing months in advance for the finals. Getting sponsors, suppplies (food and alcohol), permits for parking. The council would have to sign off o having it there. It takes a hell a lot longer then a week or 2. Would need to know by July!

Well at the start of the finals then...

Say 2018 d2... Banyule, Eltham, Diamond Creek, Lower plenty And Thomastown made it... but finals played out at Epping and Preston...

League would have made 10x if was more local to those clubs.

roosterslife

Sep 7, 2018
Well at the start of the finals then...

Say 2018 d2... Banyule, Eltham, Diamond Creek, Lower plenty And Thomastown made it... but finals played out at Epping and Preston...

League would have made 10x if was more local to those clubs.
So the ground at Latrobe is no good? I actually haven’t seen it