Rules Another umpire on the field this year …. God help us all

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve watched about 14-15 games over the first 2 rounds. Haven’t noticed the umpires once. I’d say whatever they’re doing is working.
Totally agree with this. Every game I have seen as a neutral this year has been a real pleasure to watch. I won't deny I still have a little sook every now and then when I watch through biased eyes when the Cats play, but that's my problem. The umpires have certainly lifted the standard this year.

Bump.

Umpire looking sooky again, 'threw his arms out, that's dissent', this just looks infantile and precious.

As a previous poster has pointed out, any disagreement is dissent, so by that logic, there should literally be 200+ free kicks a game.

Is that what we want?

No I don't think so, umpires, please umpire in the spirit of the game. Stop being sooky la la.

One of the worst decisions that the VFL/AFL have made.
Remembering that the third umpire was intorduced into the game to stop the behind the play thuggery. That has stopped due to the number of TV cameras now days.
If and it is a big IF, the umpires and the AFL are serious, then they, the four people in colour, will do some thing about the grabbing scragging, holding, pushing and shoving that goes on at ruck contests.
It happens at every throw in and ball ups.
If even a half of what happens at ruck contests happen in marking contest around forward lines then it is an immediate free kick.
I want some one to explain the difference between the two is.
I am not the only one to say this , but it also appears that there are many late decisions being made as well. It seems that they are waiting for the other,1,2,3,.!tomake the call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back