Another US mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

You know something is totally fubared when Piers f***ing Morgan is the voice of reason.
I can't stand the bloke as I just think he is up himself. But that night...he was brilliant, that night.

It's also completely biased

Check out her twitter:
https://twitter.com/EmilyMiller

#EmilyGetsHerGun :oops:
For sure, could tell immediately within the tone of the article. Doesn't necessarily mean the analysis is wrong, but no doubt it's trying to paint the situation in the best light for their position.

I can't find a recent figure beyond 20% which came from a survey of 1,500+ gun owners. Have you got a link that states 5%?

And no, I wouldn't have gone on a shooting spree, but there's kids in every country in the world that would- Sandy Hook, Florida, Columbine, all teenagers.
Tomorrow? There's millions of guns. They need to change the laws, change their culture, and remove the weapons they already have.

It's going to take generations to stop.

Amend the Constitution, repeal (or replace) the second amendment, introduce legislation similar to ours (allowing firearm ownerhip, but requiring regular target shooting and onerous safetey rules and rigorous background checks), implement legislation making a crime with or in connection to a firearm automatically carry the maximum sentence, grandfather that law to come into effect in two years time, and then initiate a gun buyback (with a 12 month amnesty attached).

How would a border wall help the USA? The only firearms trafficking that gets 'stopped by the Wall' is guns going into Mexico and Canada from the USA.

According to [U.S.] Justice Department figures, 94,000 weapons were recovered from Mexican drug cartels in the five years between 2006 and 2011, of which 64,000 (70 percent) came from the United States.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-kinosian-weigend-guns-mexico-20170302-story.html

A quarter of a million firearms leak into Mexico from the USA every single year.

Check your facts before you infer that Mexico is to blame for the USA's gun problems. It actually works the other way around. Its harder to get a gun in Mexico than it is to get one in the USA by several orders of magnitude, and if you're getting a firearm in Mexico, odds are (70 percent) that it was smuggled into the country from the USA at some point.

If youre getting a firearm in the USA, odds are overwhelmingly (99+ percent) that it was at least at some stage legally purchased in the US of A.

Maybe it is a cunning plan to get Mexico to build the wall.

Amend the Constitution, repeal (or replace) the second amendment, introduce legislation similar to ours (allowing firearm ownerhip, but requiring regular target shooting and onerous safetey rules and rigorous background checks), implement legislation making a crime with or in connection to a firearm automatically carry the maximum sentence, grandfather that law to come into effect in two years time, and then initiate a gun buyback (with a 12 month amnesty attached).
I understand the process that needs to take place but I don't believe it's feasible- and certainly not in the 24 hour time frame you suggested.

So many Americans view the right to bear arms an intrinsic part of what being American is. The cultural change required to introduce meaningful legislative actions isn't going to come easily.

I don't have the answers, mind you. I agree your suggestions are necessary but sadly I don't see them happening in our lifetime.

Last edited:
Columbine was huge.

This is pedestrian. Im not shocked, offended or really angry about it. It's just so routine. And my thought process is pretty ****ed up to feel this way.

I would've said a few years ago they needed a few politicians getting shot to change things. That has happened, and nothing.

This will happen over and over again.

I can't stand the bloke as I just think he is up himself. But that night...he was brilliant, that night.

Not sure if it was the same night but his interview with Alex Jones was also amusing.

Piers repeating "Alex... Alex... Alex" made him sound like that dubbed video of the animals and the Chipmunk keeps going "Alan... Alan... Alan..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone somewhere will be calling for all students to be armed for self defence. Agree with others if Sandy Hook didn't change the culture nothing will.

Saw it in a doco...
Dude selling anti-shooter stuff to schools. Training teachers how to take down a shooter with strategicallly placed guns. Sad.

Nikolas Cruz, an Antifa fanatic, has been described as
"He was kind of an outcast. He didn't have many friends. He would do anything crazy for a laugh, but he was trouble."
Your typical Antifa loser. Domestic terrorists.

FB_IMG_1518665704761.jpg

Not everything has to be about race, sweetie.
Conservative condescension wrapped in utter hypocrisy.

Your parents must be proud.

The Southern border has forever been rife with illegal smuggling activities, be it drugs, weapons, or humans. Not all of the smugglers are foreigners. Do you have an argument? Do you believe black market firearm sales would not increase post being banned?
The guns used in mass shootings in the US have nothing to do with smuggling.

You could build a wall 10 miles tall & it would have zero impact.

Would smuggled firearms contribute to mass killings if firearms were banned? Based on evidence in other countries you'd have to say no. Criminals dealing in arms generally don't sell to random unhinged people because they don't want the heat the use of those weapons would bring.

Says a lot about conservative politics in the US when criminals are more discerning than conservatives on who they'll sell weapons to.

They need some common sense gun control, and then need to build the wall to stop firearm trafficking. Otherwise it becomes another war-on-drugs scenario where the problems persist and the criminals get rich off it.

Apparently there are 300m guns in circulation in the USA. You could build the wall out of guns :eek:

Apparently there are 300m guns in circulation in the USA. You could build the wall out of guns :eek:
Yes but if you repeal the 2nd Amendment they will all get handed into the authorities

OJ80ypV.jpg

I'm surprised conspiracy theorists haven't yet linked this incident to Remington filing for Chapter 11 earlier in the week due to poor gun sales.

Or have they? (I can't be bothered checking those sort of sites)

Trump hasn't been good for their business since gun nuts know Donald won't ever threaten their guns. So I guess it's not much of a conspiracy.

Nikolas Cruz, an Antifa fanatic, has been described as
"He was kind of an outcast. He didn't have many friends. He would do anything crazy for a laugh, but he was trouble."
Your typical Antifa loser. Domestic terrorists.

View attachment 460174

Every single shooting alt right websites manufacture something to suggest it was antifa and most of the time it is bullshit. Let's wait and see.

For instance ....

Screenshot_20180215-192026.png

Either way, you're missing the point about gun violence in the US.

"Congress shall make know law abridging the right to shoot up your school or place of employment with a gun you've purchased down the road if you're having a bad day."

Thoughts and prayers are about all that are warranted if they can't be bothered enacting meaningful change.

They need an anti-gun terrorist cell to start actively hunting down and killing the leadership of the NRA. Nothing else will stop it now, they are too stupid for rational debate.
Try killing the leadership of the NRA and they might have to deal with some of the military as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back