Another US mass shooting

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Florida this time. 17 dead. High school. Teachers and kids the victim.

What's sad is that I logged on in Perth and there wasn't a thread about this. Are we just that desensitized now to the US having these mass shootings every few weeks that we just shake our heads in shock and incredulity at the Yanks and their obsession with guns whereby this kind of thing is seen as normal or a reasonable price to pay for loose firearm laws?

Or is it just that we've seen it before and said it before and we know that nothing is going to change?

Seriously. How can they just sit there and do nothing while these horrific events keep happening?

And are we at the point of saturation where we'e long ago realised they aren't going to change?

(Sorry about the font; my phone does this sometimes).

Last edited:
Something something conspiracy
Something something second amendment

Staggers me that people want the guns laws in Australia reduced. We are a better off in our society for not having to worry about being shot going about in our every day lives.

Or is it just that we've seen it before and said it before and we know that nothing is going to change?
There's only a mass shooting every 10 days or so- that's a fairly poor effort from a population where you can legally buy a gun without a background check. Maybe things will change when there's a daily massacre?

Florida this time. 17 dead. High school. Teachers and kids the victim.

What's sad is that I logged on in Perth and there wasn't a thread about this. Are we just that desensitized now to the US having these mass shootings every few weeks that we just shake our heads in shock and incredulity at the Yanks and their obsession with guns whereby this kind of thing is seen as normal or a reasonable price to pay for loose firearm laws?

Seriously. How can they just sit there and do nothing while these horrific events keep happening?

And are we at the point of saturation where we'e long ago realised they aren't going to change?

Its normal now, just a part of life in the usa

They chose this, and fight to protect it. I, like many, have given up caring. Why should i when they dont?

Its normal now, just a part of life in the usa

They chose this, and fight to protect it. I, like many, have given up caring. Why should i when they dont?

That's about the long and the short of it. Not much can be done when most Americans are in favour of readily available guns and minimal restrictions on who can get them.

This is sarcasm right?
I'd like to think a daily American massacre would incite meaningful political action on their gun laws. Do you think it would?

It's almost a weekly event as it is. So I'm beginning to think the only way to stop these massacres is more massacres, more frequently.

It's getting to the stage where I'm starting not to care, which is terrible. I almost think they deserve what they get, which is totally not true. The people that are getting killed don't deserve it, but the people responsible for the disastrous gun laws do. I can't see anything changing, it'll be more of the same for as far ahead as I can see.

The Florida School Shooting Was the 18th School Shooting of the Year. And It's Only February

http://time.com/5159039/florida-school-shooting-parkland/

There have been 4 school attacks already for 2018, 15 days in. One every 3-4 days so far.
Things will only change when politicians stop being paid by the NRA.

Why isnt there an anti-gun lobby? One with the same or more power as the NRA?

The second amemdment to the US Constitution can be amended or repealed. It was an amendment to begin with lets not forget.

The second amemdment to the US Constitution can be amended or repealed. It was an amendment to begin with lets not forget.
I am guessing there would be an anti-gun lobby. But the NRA are so powerful and rich that it doesn't matter. It's a sad world we live in but I guess I would listen to the NRA as well if they put my kids through college.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's only a mass shooting every 10 days or so- that's a fairly poor effort from a population where you can legally buy a gun without a background check. Maybe things will change when there's a daily massacre?

Sandy Hook should have been the tipping point, but nothing got done.

Nothing will change.

Money is power

Nra is funded by gun manufacturers like beretta and munitions makers

Who has a financial interest in stopping mass killings? Reality is its only the general population, but as we saw with tobacco their will xan only be adequately supported by govt fighting on their behalf

With both sides kowtowing to the nra, there is no one of financial muscle to oppose them

I'm sure "thoughts and prayers" will be sent swiftly.
My prayers and condolences to the families of the victims of the terrible Florida shooting. No child, teacher or anyone else should ever feel unsafe in an American school.

It's getting to the stage where I'm starting not to care, which is terrible. I almost think they deserve what they get, which is totally not true. The people that are getting killed don't deserve it, but the people responsible for the disastrous gun laws do. I can't see anything changing, it'll be more of the same for as far ahead as I can see.

The Florida School Shooting Was the 18th School Shooting of the Year. And It's Only February

http://time.com/5159039/florida-school-shooting-parkland/

I would not say I do not care, but yep I am numb to it. After Sandy Hook - they effectively decided their future. They did nothing, after children were shot. I mean, wtf. They made a choice and this is the consequence.

My prayers and condolences to the families of the victims of the terrible Florida shooting. No child, teacher or anyone else should ever feel unsafe in an American school.
27972952_2274314829246149_8490078354144367514_n.jpg

If it was simply a case of pro NRA pollies outspending, then a simple "Im HairyO and I am running for the Senate and I have never taken, nor will I ever take a single cent of donations from the NRA. I am in favor of gun control and believe that our loose laws are responsible for so many children dying every single year."

The fact that this isnt working would lead you to believe that a whole lot of people really want their guns and dont really care how many kids die. As long as it is someone else's kids. Im sure the views change (at least a little) when their own kids die.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back