Review Another wasted season

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm just putting it out here, McKay is no cert to be at North in 2020!

We gave him a two year extension & Majak & Durdin only one year extensions, so it makes little sense if he is in the gun.

My own opinion is that Ben is safer than the other two.

Why would you want another wasted season? We've just had one.

Sick of this loser mentality from Snake_Baker

The administration is a complete failure.

Direct your "loser mentality" crap towards them, as they are the ones who earned it.

Agree with most you speak

on Wood, I have always doubted he would make it, just seemed a bit soft and lacking in belief, but of the players to excel under Shaw he would be my number 1 he has kicked on since Shaw has come in, I'd be trusting him for a big pre-season and to be even better in 2020.
Garner is another EVW, I just haven't seen enough of him to make a call.

I am reasonably happy with the state of the list, barring the continual long term injury list (Daw, BJ, EVW, Walker, Hall, Tyson, and Garner in the past) and the recruitment of Hall and Tyson, I think Hrovat and Watson have to join Scottie and Sammy.

I would love to see Hosie play this week and for goodness sake get Durdin back in the 22,

it aint a wasted year, just part of the journey.

Hall was good considering his weaknesses. He's still our third highest player on the footywire tackle averages. He is ranked 97 in the league with 3.83 tackles per game. Only Jack (48 with 4.95) and Jed (23, 5.69) are above him this year.

There is so many things wrong with our club. The first 9 rounds clearly exposed our admin failures. Perhaps the clear out we need is at the administration level. We seem to have already started with that as evident with the departure of joyce, greave and a few other high rank admin. We need new talents in the player development, high performance, talent identification and game day preparation.

There is so many things wrong with our club. The first 9 rounds clearly exposed our admin failures. Perhaps the clear out we need is at the administration level. We seem to have already started with that as evident with the departure of joyce, greave and a few other high rank admin. We need new talents in the player development, high performance, talent identification and game day preparation.
I think our main issue, is that we haven’t even looked like seriously contending this century. We made the top 4 in 2000 and 2007, but were comfortably dealt with. In 2016 it felt great to be on top for over 10 weeks, but I think even back then, we were all aware of the teams deficiencies. It’s exciting to contemplate the potential of Zurhaar, LDU, Larkey, Simpkin, Thomas etc. However I can’t help but feel somewhat cynical about the clubs chances for sustained success. The Laidley and Scott era’s will do that to a person. I’m young, but I feel this sense of inevitability with not just North, but all my favourite sports teams. That feeling of, ‘Yeah, we’re pretty good, but not quite good enough to achieve the ultimate success’.

I think our main issue, is that we haven’t even looked like seriously contending this century. We made the top 4 in 2000 and 2007, but were comfortably dealt with. In 2016 it felt great to be on top for over 10 weeks, but I think even back then, we were all aware of the teams deficiencies. It’s exciting to contemplate the potential of Zurhaar, LDU, Larkey, Simpkin, Thomas etc. However I can’t help but feel somewhat cynical about the clubs chances for sustained success. The Laidley and Scott era’s will do that to a person. I’m young, but I feel this sense of inevitability with not just North, but all my favourite sports teams. That feeling of, ‘Yeah, we’re pretty good, but not quite good enough to achieve the ultimate success’.

Our onfield talent while not GWS level is hardly any less than others. However its our club structure, quality of talents at the admin level is where the problem is really at. We need to get more market level professional. Perhaps we might be better off without the 'North' people as they are blinded by the rose tinted glasses.

We have enough talent and good footballers to win games when our intensity is up and the opposition is slightly off.

But this current team (I’m not sure of the broader list) is in the complete opposite direction to where the good sides are.

Contested ball/clearances are the lifeblood of good teams, but having quick two way runners who can kick are equally as important.

We simply don’t have these players, certainly not in our current midfield.

This can be turned around within a draft , trade period if we are serious about fixing it as the core of the team is a good starting point to work from.

Some tough calls will need to be made.

Why would you want another wasted season? We've just had one.

Sick of this loser mentality from Snake_Baker
20 years now and we have barely been a realistic shot at the title in all that time.

It's getting harder to maintain the passion.
Nothing is ever a waste if the learnings improve you.
Not a direct quote but Shaw-esque

I'm agnostic and can only remember the spirit of something old testament. Will look it up

20 years now and we have barely been a realistic shot at the title in all that time.

In God's economy nothing is wasted. Through failure we learn a lesson in humility which is probably needed, painful as it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I saw it on the inside back of a toilet door at someone's house

Tend to agree.....our footy club for so long pushed the envelope with friday night games, interstate games etc we welcomed the back to the wall mentality and our ability to punch above our weight earned us praise and respect but I get the impression that the past decade has been an exercise in underachievement...a pass mark was making the eight whereby it should be minimum top 4 and achieving this at any cost. FWIW our inability to land a big fish is less about how much we offered but more about the perception North is not seen as a success at any cost destination.

FWIW our inability to land a big fish is less about how much we offered but more about the perception North is not seen as a success at any cost destination.

Yep. We're on the nose and the fault lies fairly & squarely with the administration.

Was on youtube just before and the North Freo Game from 2015 was recommended with all the goals.
That was probably the best team we have had for at least 10 years, Boomer, Cunners, NDS, Higgins, Swallow, Jacobs, Goldy in full flight in the midfield, Waite, Brown, Petrie up forward, Tarrant, Thommo, Firrito down back, You'd take that core over what we have today for sure. Shows you how far behind we currently are.

Was on youtube just before and the North Freo Game from 2015 was recommended with all the goals.
That was probably the best team we have had for at least 10 years, Boomer, Cunners, NDS, Higgins, Swallow, Jacobs, Goldy in full flight in the midfield, Waite, Brown, Petrie up forward, Tarrant, Thommo, Firrito down back, You'd take that core over what we have today for sure. Shows you how far behind we currently are.
Pretty much our 9-0, 2016 core until injuries hit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back