Another week, another record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Ford Fairlane
Do we have to remind you of the 34 premierships and 134 years of history and tradition? ... ;)

Is that the same tradition of winning the most no of games in a three year period, finishing minor premier twice and not even making the Grand Final! Now thats tradition, I don't want.

What am I doing in September? Seeing more blackouts in Adelaide.

Originally posted by tatts00
Thats still over 50% capacity....im not sure what the exact capacity is but i wouldnt of thought it much over 30,000....compared to what at the mcg...70-75,000.

Dont even try and take us on crowd support, we are struggling, it was a cold night and we still pull in 37 odd thousand.

Port are flying and they struggle to get to 30,000...its a sham! Your Port boys deserve more.

Your sanfl record means nothing now, your in the big league.

In saying that though, Geelong are flying and it was their home game so you would expect a decent crowd however we are talking about Hawthorn playing at home who are struggling.

Originally posted by kirky
Relevance - nil? Our year 7 and 8 - 2 GF appearance and 2 flags.
Just remember that your time is running out - the clock is ticking.

Kirky you would get a job at West Lakes.

The reason why Neil Craig will get the job is because a lot of people are living in the past and too scared to make a change just in case they lose their own jobs for it. Its jobs for the boys.

Its okay to be proud of the past but are you confident of the future?

Remember, September is just around the corner. The pressure will be even more intense this year as the question will be asked "did the chokers sign Williams too early"??

Someone move this to the Fremantle board, so they can debate which year their 'franchises' will finally remove the choke chains and make noise during september.

Have a real good look at your squad - the clock is ticking!!!!!

The most laughable post in the history of the Western Civilization.

You have skipped over the first rule of BigFooty... think before posting.

Originally posted by Scott
Its all in front of us now, so there is no use looking back.

So are you feeling nervous about how long it will take before you once again see some September action? ;)

Just remember that your finals record after 97/98 is right on par with ours.

I would happily put our record over over-achieving in finals against yours of... underachieving.

shall we tally the %'s.

Yes, because with Tredrea, Chad Cornes, Kane Cornes, Brogan, Carr, Thurstans, Cassisi, Shaun Burgoyne, Peter Burgoyne, White, Salopek, Ebert, Surjan, Pettigrew... with first-round KPPs Gilham and Chaplin to come in, we are totally screwed long-term.

Oh but, you've got Hentschel and Bock. We should just fold already.

Originally posted by Bresh
Yes, because with Tredrea, Chad Cornes, Kane Cornes, Brogan, Carr, Thurstans, Cassisi, Shaun Burgoyne, Peter Burgoyne, White, Salopek, Ebert, Surjan, Pettigrew... with first-round KPPs Gilham and Chaplin to come in, we are totally screwed long-term.

Oh but, you've got Hentschel and Bock. We should just fold already.

I was referring to Noddy's post.

nice try though...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Bresh

Pettigrew, Surjan - jury still out. Carr - will be in WA. Shaun - up and down, talented no doubt but consistency not there.

Except Cornes - which of those players actually play in defence? Most of them either forwards or midfielders.

Now what about all those 29yo plus players- Montgomery, Hardwick, Wanganeen, Wakelin, Kinglsey, Francou, Primus, Bishop, Schoefield and James.

You obviously miss my point but then again I know nothing.

Now what about all those 29yo plus players- Montgomery, Hardwick, Wanganeen, Wakelin, Kinglsey, Francou, Primus, Bishop, Schoefield and James.

The only players we miss there are Wanganeen and James. Everyone else is either a final choker, or just poop generally (Wakelin, Kingsley, Schofield).

Made two prelims without Primus and Francou, no worries.

Carr may go to WA, but you know what happens then? We get something back in a trade and I think I'd give it the balance of probability that we'll get something OK in return :eek:

If the jury is out on Surjan, you haven't seen him play.

To be less argumentative, the vast majority of our of best players are either very young or at the start of their prime.

I agree on your second point, but if I don't get your initial point... here's a wide open opportunity to present it without speaking in riddles.

Your turn.

Then why oh why were 6 of those players in todays side with the majority in the defensive posts.

That's another issue for another day, but obviously we are discussing the long-term future of Port Adelaide which you have clearly not rebutted thus far.

I repeat, the clock is ticking......

Yep, any time you want to clarify this BS I'd be much obliged.

I repeat, the clock is ticking......

I reckon it's just as well given some of the performances tonight. In fact some of those clocks have stopped ticking ...

Pettigrew, Surjan - jury still out. Carr - will be in WA. Shaun - up and down, talented no doubt but consistency not there.

Except Cornes - which of those players actually play in defence? Most of them either forwards or midfielders.

Over the next 2 seasons the old firm will retire/be delisted and others will come thru.

Yes we have a lot of experienced old guys still in our side. As Bresh said, the only two im worried about are Wanganeen and James. Primus would be great if he was fit but he isnt and we d o ok without him.

Im confident we have the young talent to keep us in the top 8 over the next few seasons. As has also been stated, a lot of our star players arent at their peak yet and still have 6-7 years left in them.

Our squad isnt in a bad state.

Thats Ports biggest challenge the next 2 off-seasons, try to avoid a 'Crows 2004 season'...whereas all the experienced players retire/regress and the team becomes a joke because theres no replacements, and try to become similar to Essendon where the team never falls.

Good news about Ports loss, we wont have the media all week tell us Port are certainties for the flag... and have them tell us Port dont fear Brisbane.... yea right, when was the last time Port beat Brisbane?

Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony

Good news about Ports loss, we wont have the media all week tell us Port are certainties for the flag... and have them tell us Port dont fear Brisbane.... yea right, when was the last time Port beat Brisbane?

More importantly the Port players won't be able to read it ... and believe it ...

Originally posted by Carmelo Anthony
yea right, when was the last time Port beat Brisbane?

err, the second last time we played them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back