Movie Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally saw it on D+ as well and gees:

• felt very Star Wars with the rebels vs first order
  • is this Kang the strongest one as he had the purple and green get up? if so how does he lose to ants, and then lose his force ability which then means he loses in a fist fight with a human with no super strength. He has now been killed twice in 2 sightings and is losing his aura
  • Cassie’s acting was as good as my cereal cardboard box
  • Dialogue was horrific, how the hell did “don’t be a dick” get approved along great lines like “I don’t have to win, we just both have to lose”
  • MODOK was horrible as expected
  • this is now 30/31 movies where the good guys win with no relative loss (note I haven’t seen GOTGv3 yet)
  • some of the action scenes were very PG13 as the main cast got off scot free
  • again wasted potential alongside multiverse of madness

Watched this today on D+, and wasn't expecting much. But for such a fantastical out there universe they made no effort to explain how it all came about. Just continuous lazy and convenient writing that took me out of the movie.

Loki did far better with less time with Kang than the movie did. Post credit scene was my favourite part of the film.

MODOK.....yeesh... disappointing.... especially the last 5 minutes.

Could have been a good movie in there, but geez what a waste.
The writing for Modok... Jesus Christ.

I AM NOT A DICK. It wasnt even funny in an ironically bad way, it was just awful.

The writing for Modok... Jesus Christ.

I AM NOT A DICK. It wasnt even funny in an ironically bad way, it was just awful.

Yep. Even if you had never scene a Marvel film in your life, was just nonsensical cringe.

Good opportunity to do something good there but like most of the movie, utterly wasted. That's also forgetting the poor CGI.

Finally got around to this one, wish I hadn’t.

Most of my thoughts have already been covered. Don’t think Kang seems impressive enough to be the big villain based off this.

I don’t know if it’s because I’ve not watched one in a while but I’m so confused now with the multiverse and the quantum realm.

Nothing ever seems to really matter - Kang is defeated and for what?

Council of Kang seems an important thing? Wasn’t aware of it at all coming into it.

Just incredibly underwhelming all in all.

I think they’re going to have an impossibly difficult time of trying to keep everyone engaged through to those later Avenger movies. As only a casual fan (seen all the movies, read none of the comics), I’m close to jumping off and I’m clearly not alone.

Finally got around to this one, wish I hadn’t.

Most of my thoughts have already been covered. Don’t think Kang seems impressive enough to be the big villain based off this.

I don’t know if it’s because I’ve not watched one in a while but I’m so confused now with the multiverse and the quantum realm.

Nothing ever seems to really matter - Kang is defeated and for what?

Council of Kang seems an important thing? Wasn’t aware of it at all coming into it.

Just incredibly underwhelming all in all.

I think they’re going to have an impossibly difficult time of trying to keep everyone engaged through to those later Avenger movies. As only a casual fan (seen all the movies, read none of the comics), I’m close to jumping off and I’m clearly not alone.
Kang is going to have the same presence as those putties from power rangers if he keeps up his 100% death rate (2/2 so far).

She Hulk nearly killed me, Iron Heart will probably finish me off - looks horrific and a terrible homage to Iron Man.

Kang is going to have the same presence as those putties from power rangers if he keeps up his 100% death rate (2/2 so far).

She Hulk nearly killed me, Iron Heart will probably finish me off - looks horrific and a terrible homage to Iron Man.
I've obviously missed one, what else did he die in?

I'm going to have to do some research on Kang/Council of Kangs etc. Nothing so far has made much sense to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've obviously missed one, what else did he die in?

I'm going to have to do some research on Kang/Council of Kangs etc. Nothing so far has made much sense to me.

This is a decent summary.

The Council of Kangs is a very significant entry into the MCU. And was always my main drawcard to this next phase of films despite how indifferent I was to Quantamania itself.

It’s strange to say given the film was released only a few months ago. February I believe. But it already feels like it’s aged poorly, in only a short amount of time. All the s**t with Jonathan Majors has really impacted my enthusiasm as well.

This is a decent summary.

The Council of Kangs is a very significant entry into the MCU. And was always my main drawcard to this next phase of films despite how indifferent I was to Quantamania itself.

It’s strange to say given the film was released only a few months ago. February I believe. But it already feels like it’s aged poorly, in only a short amount of time. All the s**t with Jonathan Majors has really impacted my enthusiasm as well.
Thanks for that, a very simple way of catching up to speed.

Still not sure I love the whole premise of the multiverse but alas, it's obviously intertwined through everything now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back