Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to love after the backlash and controversy over the Barilaro appointment and questions about whether we'd see an end to this jobs for the boys situation, the Government eventually decided "Nah" and appointed Stephen Smith to London and are going to appoint another former front bencher to Washington and everyone's just decided we're cool with it and moved on. Excellent reading of the room!
I take your point but the issue with Pork Barilaro was more the breathtaking dodginess of how it was done. As far as I can see, Smith's appointment followed all necessary protocols. But yeah, not a great look.

More mopping up the mess of the old government who'd been trying to pretend these people didn't exist. Kudos to Albo for this.
Coalition spokesperson came out and said it wasn't a decision they were willing to make, they were too scared.

They're such a gutless bunch of people. Yes, these Syrian refugees are probably a bunch of religious nutters, but like it or not, they're our religious nutters and any Govts first job is to keep them and the rest of society safe. If they haven't committed a crime, get them to safety.

These kids will have a much better chance of not putting on a suicide vest if they're sent through an Australian school (even the religious ones) than if they're left in a Syrian refugee camp chock-full of religious nutters and violent idiots.

In a situation with weak law enforcement and poverty, people do a number of things to survive. Join gangs, commit crimes, other stuff you don't like to think about.

LNP never cared about these kids. Good to see Labor doing something.

In a situation with weak law enforcement and poverty, people do a number of things to survive. Join gangs, commit crimes, other stuff you don't like to think about.

LNP never cared about these kids. Good to see Labor doing something.

It's how I ended up on Bigfooty.

'....the federal ALP is again occupying the centre ground and, as previous Labor governments under John Curtin and Ben Chifley or Bob Hawke and Paul Keating demonstrated, that is the only pathway to continuing success.'

'Some within the right commentariat suggest Canberra is governed by a Labor-Greens coalition. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Labor frontbencher Chris Bowen is always adamant on this subject and, like many of us, he quotes Curtin: “Labor governs alone or not at all.” However, the role of independents in the parliament is more significant than perhaps is acknowledged.'

Labor frontbencher Chris Bowen is always adamant on this subject and, like many of us, he quotes Curtin: “Labor governs alone or not at all.” However, the role of independents in the parliament is more significant than perhaps is acknowledged.'

I think it would be very wise for the ALP to court the teals. The Liberals will never get most of those teal seats back as long as the conservative right rules the party. The teals could well hold the balance of power in the House in an election or two. Obviously Labor would prefer to be in power than not, and would make sense to court the teals to their side rather than see them drift to the LNP

neat summary. still hope a major priority is 2 re-jig the system 2 stop the rorting, and hit the rhinehart’s and palmers where it hurts.

Obviously I'd rather these binned altogether but if the government feel cornered by these they could rewrite them as a one off cost of living assistance brought forward to the end of next financial year funded by the commodities windfall. It would somewhat blunt the opposition attack and most importantly it would stop the tax rate being flattened.

Whilst Albos directed payrise to workers (not even a pretence of negotiations about the 2023 rise just a promise to consult after that) is better than anything the libs would have offered, the CPSUs "support the ALP at all costs" approach rather than justifiably demand a proper one off payrise next year after the 2% this year left many public servants around the nation (especially the thousands in poorer and regional areas that actually deliver services) well behind inflation is pathetic and shows why more and more people abandon the increasingly irrelevant unions every day as they put political ambitions of their leadership ahead of workers.

Hopefully this gets some teals into the mix in Canberra although if the Independent senator says quiet that suggests he was lying about the treatment of the APS being a priority

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richard Denniss delivers the shocking news on just how much Scomo's tax heist will cost us if Labor goes through with it.

Personally I was stunned at the level of the theft. Will do nothing but turbocharge the inequality that is already starting to white-ant our once egalitarian society.

Only on this board could allowing people to keep more of the money that they have worked for be classified as theft hehe.
Fancy seeing you here

Been a ghost since * checks notes * *EN ELECTION NIGHT !!!!!!!!!..................................
How bout that.jpg

Only on this board could allowing people to keep more of the money that they have worked for be classified as theft hehe.
It’s more nuanced than that, as I suspect you know. It’s not a simple case of ‘I earnt this money, tax is theft’. Tax pays for things we all use, not paying tax is theft.

Do you go as far 'all taxation is left'?

And where do you think the individual's responsibility to the community end?
And where does a government responsibility start?

It’s more nuanced than that, as I suspect you know. It’s not a simple case of ‘I earnt this money, tax is theft’. Tax pays for things we all use, not paying tax is theft.
Oh I disagree with the policy and would get little benefit from it myself I just find it amusing, I mean even with an unneeded tax cut high income earners still contribute far, far more than low ones.

I voted for him just like last time.

Still waiting on him doing the right thing for the battlers and lift Centrelink payments though.
Are you arguing against yourself?

You would support the stage 3 tax rates if it funded an increase in Centrelink payments?

I would. A much better use of borrowed money.

Oh I disagree with the policy and would get little benefit from it myself I just find it amusing, I mean even with an unneeded tax cut high income earners still contribute far, far more than low ones.
The money available to the government from tax revenue goes down.
They're removing the tax offset as well so people earning less than $97k are going to be worse off
So as well as removing money from the budget at a time they are crying poor they're going ahead with changes that only benefit people earning over $97k and this will impact everyone under that threshold when they say they can't afford to help them because of the budget.

It's theft from poor people to help the rich

I voted for him just like last time.

Still waiting on him doing the right thing for the battlers and lift Centrelink payments though.
Where'd i say you didn't ?

Not as much fun anymore obv :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back