Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt that at all! I also think it's less severe than is being made out by Wilkie. If it was a genuine, industry shattering, revelation you wouldn't do it in Parliament.

Parliamentary privilege is what you use when you're worried about getting sued.
The fossil fuel companies are not short of a dollar - they can destroy pretty much anyone financially just cause they want to

Interesting questions raised by the Greens today - why is the ALP so slow to do anything concrete about Iran while nations all around the world have been implementing sanctions for weeks?

Good chance to stand up for human rights as part of a multi national effort but appears to be doing nothing than talk.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back flip with the Greens?

'Labor’s push to introduce new superannuation regulations are at risk of falling over after the government reneged on a deal with the Greens to enforce civil penalties on banking executives who fail to prevent systemic misconduct in financial institutions.

The backflip prompted Greens economic justice spokesman Nick McKim on Friday to accuse Labor of being “steamrolled” by the banking sector and putting the interests of bankers ahead of customers.'

In return, Mr Jones pledged to include civil penalties of up to $1.1m for senior bank, insurance and super fund executives who fail to comply with financial rules as part of the government’s Financial Accountability Regime (FAR) legislation.

But speaking in parliament on Friday, Senator McKim revealed that Mr Jones had informed him he was “no longer prepared to honour” the agreement, as he lodged a disallowance motion against the changes as part of a bargaining tactic.'

Completely unsurprisingly big business and mining is losing their s**t. As usual.

Pity Party Whining GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Apparently the Nats are going to support tangible measures to "Close the Gap" after refusing to while in Government for 9 years.

That, or Barnaby's into the liquor cabinet and on Twitter again.

I have a feeling this is more of a broadside at the Victorian Nationals who aren't as crazy as their interstate cousins/spouses who might have been getting all uppity at winning State seats when the Liberals couldn't.

I have a feeling this is more of a broadside at the Victorian Nationals who aren't as crazy as their interstate cousins/spouses who might have been getting all uppity at winning State seats when the Liberals couldn't.

It’s that, or the Nationals trying to exert more influence in the Coalition as they hold their rural seats whilst the Liberals lose their city seats.

Or it’s Jacinta Price exerting more influence in the party. She was front and centre and sue to her celebrity Sky status believes she could be in for big future.

Or it’s Littleproud trying to appear more conservative. Murdoch commentators have labelled him a “leftie”. Yesterday Rowan Dean on Sky said in response to the Vic election loss Dutton should immediately get out and oppose the voice, Littleproud trying to work into position first.

Nats think their greatest threat is PHON and dont want to lose their racist vote to them....surely Pauline's going to pull the snout out of the trough before the next election and then they are done...same with Katter they arent getting younger.
Its not like an independent is going to swing enough votes in the bush on the voice but it will effect the coalition in the cities
Mining industry may be a different animal by the time the next election rolls in too which will effect their NSW and Qld votes and funding

Nats think their greatest threat is PHON and dont want to lose their racist vote to them....surely Pauline's going to pull the snout out of the trough before the next election and then they are done...same with Katter they arent getting younger.
Its not like an independent is going to swing enough votes in the bush on the voice but it will effect the coalition in the cities
Mining industry may be a different animal by the time the next election rolls in too which will effect their NSW and Qld votes and funding

What does the Voice say?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'The wording was so manifestly overreaching and potentially dangerous to the highly effective working of our parliamentary democracy, I wondered what legal advice Anthony Albanese had sought from the Attorney-General, the Solicitor-General and their department before he released his amendment? Did the PM really understand what he was proposing?

As more and more practising constitutional lawyers confirmed to me the likely practical and legal disaster of the wording, my dismay grew. And so, in numerous columns, correspondence and phone calls, I asked, almost begged, that the government release publicly the legal advice supporting this proposed change to our Constitution.

Rather than confirming that the public was entitled to this level of transparency at a bare minimum, there has been stone-cold silence from the Prime Minister and Attorney-General.'

'The wording was so manifestly overreaching and potentially dangerous to the highly effective working of our parliamentary democracy, I wondered what legal advice Anthony Albanese had sought from the Attorney-General, the Solicitor-General and their department before he released his amendment? Did the PM really understand what he was proposing?

As more and more practising constitutional lawyers confirmed to me the likely practical and legal disaster of the wording, my dismay grew. And so, in numerous columns, correspondence and phone calls, I asked, almost begged, that the government release publicly the legal advice supporting this proposed change to our Constitution.

Rather than confirming that the public was entitled to this level of transparency at a bare minimum, there has been stone-cold silence from the Prime Minister and Attorney-General.'
Now go back and mark that drivel as an English teacher would.

What wording is manifestly overreaching?
Potentially dangerous. How?
Highly effective working of our parliamentary democracy. And this conclusion is made because I
suppose because the wording is manifestly overreaching and potentially dangerous.

What is manifestly overreaching is your quote. What is potentially dangerous is people reading such articles and believing them without question.

We can do the 2nd sentence tomorrow. The next paragraphs later in the week.

Now go back and mark that drivel as an English teacher would.

What wording is manifestly overreaching?
Potentially dangerous. How?
Highly effective working of our parliamentary democracy. And this conclusion is made because I
suppose because the wording is manifestly overreaching and potentially dangerous.

What is manifestly overreaching is your quote. What is potentially dangerous is people reading such articles and believing them without question.

We can do the 2nd sentence tomorrow. The next paragraphs later in the week.
Leave poor Planet Janet alone, she's just trying to protect us all from those uppity blackfellas.

Leave poor Planet Janet alone, she's just trying to protect us all from those uppity blackfellas.
Sorry. I was just thinking about the poor youth of today. The one's Janet would probably claim 'can't think for themselves because they have left wing Marxist propaganda stuffed down their throats and are oblivious to any kind of fact or information'.

Anyway, on an unrelated thought. I now know the precurser to how a social media influencer became a thing.

He doesnt vote here, does he?
He still has a loud disproportionate voice of angertainment that masquerades as informed opinion
it is bullshit
and don't tell me I am being an extremist for calling Murdoch angertainment. The murdoch press are the wallys on the wings as you put them and do not represent anything like a swinging voter.

Notice how they don't name the consitutional lawyers. Or whether they are practicing actively in law.

I believe they have completely fabricated that they have advice.

Come and sue me Murdoch scum.

Notice how they don't name the consitutional lawyers. Or whether they are practicing actively in law.

I believe they have completely fabricated that they have advice.

Come and sue me Murdoch scum.
It's a Murdoch rag, they make up s**t all the time then recant a couple of days later in a tiny little section buried deep into the paper. Absolute scum.

Apparently the Nats are going to support tangible measures to "Close the Gap" after refusing to while in Government for 9 years.

That, or Barnaby's into the liquor cabinet and on Twitter again.

What exactly do the Nationals mean by tangible, practical measures to close the gap?

Given the history there, that is an opening for some seriously brutal meme activity that I'm not even sure I can go there.

What exactly do the Nationals mean by tangible, practical measures to close the gap?
Given that they just spent the last 9 years in power I'm sure we can point to these tangible and practical measures to close the gap that the LNP enacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back