Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called ethics mate, you wouldn't understand.
No you dont understand. Its unethical to not do your best for your client within whats allowed by the law. everyone deserves fair legal treatment. Its unethical not to be provided that.

if you dont think what she did was morally right but it was still allowed by law then the problem is the law. The law that allowed it is unethical and needs to be fixed. Not the lawyer.

the law is supposed to define what is ethical and what is not. As soon as we believe there is some seperate unwritten laws that we all must live by that is decreed by some uneducated inconsistent social mob or religion or whatever we come up with ourselves then rule of law breaks down. We get pro lifers bombing abortion clinics because they believe abortion is unethical and murder even though its sanctioned by law. We get conservative lawyers not providing proper counsel to gay prostitutes because they believe they are sinful and deserve punishment.

advocating for a society with seperate unwritten social rules that can condemn people who live within the actual law but fail the social rules is completely moronic.

No you dont understand. Its unethical to not do your best for your client within whats allowed by the law. everyone deserves fair legal treatment. Its unethical not to be provided that.

if you dont think what she did was morally right but it was still allowed by law then the problem is the law. The law that allowed it is unethical and needs to be fixed. Not the lawyer.

the law is supposed to define what is ethical and what is not. As soon as we believe there is some seperate unwritten laws that we all must live by that is decreed by some uneducated inconsistent social mob or religion or whatever we come up with ourselves then rule of law breaks down. We get pro lifers bombing abortion clinics because they believe abortion is unethical and murder even though its sanctioned by law. We get conservative lawyers not providing proper counsel to gay prostitutes because they believe they are sinful and deserve punishment.

advocating for a society with seperate unwritten social rules that can condemn people who live within the actual law but fail the social rules is completely moronic.
You’re absolutely right that no laws were broken.

But it’s also absolutely right that such tactics are as cheap as dead rat on a stick.

You’re absolutely right that no laws were broken.

But it’s also absolutely right that such tactics are as cheap as dead rat on a stick.
That sounds true and perhaps it shouldnt be allowed.

but it would be unethival for the lawyer not to present all allowable options available to her client.

the lawyer isnt the one who chooses how to proceed either. Its the client. For all we know she may of even advocated for a different approach, may of even advised against the option they took, but the client choose the delay tactic as is their right to choose. Lawyers dont make the final decision how to proceed.

You asked whether I actively called out and condemned similar type comments from lnp members. I dare say to the extent I “actively called out Tanya” then I did. Be it on this forum or elsewhere. Such comments in the terms I would have made them would have been lost in the flood of invective surrounding them. And there would have been no engagement on them.

My comment about Tanya was more in jest than anything else.

I don’t think it’s ok for any political entity to make those sorts of comments. I think it’s even worse to confect outrage about them whilst wilfully making them yourself.

But that ship has long sailed.

I’m just calling bullshit on the remorse.
So parsing through this is your issue with the media who are the ones selectively calling out Tanya?
And sure agree that there’s no remorse from Tanya nor by the standards of how her target Dutton behaved in the past there shouldn’t be.
And this “it was a joke” thing historically doesn’t work well for you (I certainly can’t tell)
I thought I only engaged on this after the whataboutism comment to point out that the whataboutism is appropriate

Waged war?

What in the world do you mean?
Inflammatory language to make a point that scumo used a captain pick to parachute in Deves whose main campaign platform was to ostracise the trans community under a confected concern for womens safety in sport

No, when a lawyer knows their client is guilty and uses tactics to delay payouts to the victims that is unethical. A lawyers job is to advocate for their clients not to use underhanded tactics to deny justice to their victims.

but it would be unethival for the lawyer not to present all allowable options available to her client.

the lawyer isnt the one who chooses how to proceed either. Its the client. For all we know she may of even advocated for a different approach, may of even advised against the option they took, but the client choose the delay tactic as is their right to choose. Lawyers dont make the final decision how to proceed.
Yes and no.

If we’re talking tactics to delay settlement until after the death of a plaintiff in order to minimise damages I certainly would exercise my right to suggest another lawyer.

I don’t think it’s quite as simple as that though. I’m not sure that damages were minimised if that were the tactic. In most cases, lawsuits survive the death of a plaintiff and it’s possible that an Estate has more time and energy to see out the process.

Inflammatory language to make a point that scumo used a captain pick to parachute in Deves whose main campaign platform was to ostracise the trans community under a confected concern for womens safety in sport
I don’t think the concern about transgender women competing in women’s sport is confected.

I don’t know that the issue is as widespread as it’s made out to be but to pretend it’s non-existent is silly.

I don’t think the concern about transgender women competing in women’s sport is confected.

I don’t know that the issue is as widespread as it’s made out to be but to pretend it’s non-existent is silly.
I don’t see it as an issue. I don’t see injuries presenting to my ED caused by girls getting hurt by trans players. Therefore it’s not an issue and deves is confecting the issue to get votes or to hate on trans.
(And yes I do see quite a few trans patients via ED so it’s not that they aren’t in my local community)

So parsing through this is your issue with the media who are the ones selectively calling out Tanya?
And sure agree that there’s no remorse from Tanya nor by the standards of how her target Dutton behaved in the past there shouldn’t be.
And this “it was a joke” thing historically doesn’t work well for you (I certainly can’t tell)
I thought I only engaged on this after the whataboutism comment to point out that the whataboutism is appropriate

This was my comment about Tanya before it became a point of engagement.

Plibersek apologising after her Voldemort comment is like me apologising to my wife for buying another project boat.

Got what she/I wanted.

Then I called out some “whataboutism”.

I didn’t get all outraged about the insult. I didn’t “actively condemn” Tanya.

Progressives on this board have sought to silence me and others with this “whataboutism” s**t. My comment in that regard was just a reference to that particular hypocrisy.

As for “jokes”, I still haven’t managed to find an interpretation of the board’s rules that point to a fart joke leading to an infraction but I remain ready to be educated.

I don’t see it as an issue. I don’t see injuries presenting to my ED caused by girls getting hurt by trans players. Therefore it’s not an issue and deves is confecting the issue to get votes or to hate on trans.
(And yes I do see quite a few trans patients via ED so it’s not that they aren’t in my local community)
I don’t think the issue was or is limited to injury. More fairness. But your point about presentations both supports and opposes the arguments for transgender women participating in women’s sport.

It’s not that widespread an issue.

But it’s an issue we should take elsewhere lest, well, you know….

Not confected?

Perhaps you can point us all to the litany of real complaints in Australian sport about transgender kids ruining their competition.

This right wing obsession with the sexuality of other people is absolutely bizarre.

And there is no doubt it was an attempt by Morrison to weaponise these irrational fears, against an already marginalised group, for political gain. His own party are saying so.

And it backfired spectacularly. Because in 2022 most normal people in Australia just want other people to have the chance to live happy healthy lives.

But hey, you just keep playing with that imaginary 'slippery slope' of yours while dreaming of a Sydney AFLW team filled with 150 kg hairy legged 'monsters'.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enough of the f’n mansplaining. We aren’t halfwits.

Enough of the f’n mansplaining. We aren’t halfwits.
so you have just called the original poster who i quoted a halfwit Cos he clearly didnt get it. Nor all the posters attacking bishop as being an evil monster for doing her job.

thats not very nice. They arent automatically all half wits.

and why are you trying to bring sex into it? Thats just plain weird.

N
so you have just called the original poster who i quoted a halfwit Cos he clearly didnt get it. Nor all the posters attacking bishop as being an evil monster for doing her job.

thats not very nice. They arent automatically all half wits.

and why are you trying to bring sex into it? Thats just plain weird.
Nah you clearly don't get it. You can still represent your client while acting ethically. It's not an either/or proposition and that's part of the reason why people don't like Bishop.

You could argue that when everyone knows the intent of the law it is unethical to try to find loopholes in a law?

Yes it would be great if the laws had all been written perfectly.

Do you think its ethical to hack a computer because Microsoft made a small unintended vulnerability?

Albo has inherited a lot of problems, would love to know how he's going to give everyone a better future. He could start by making petrol and electricity cheaper :)
yep good thing we had the Libs in charge for the past decade or so....you know the 'superior money managers'

What baloney. It's a myth invented by Howard and promulgated by Newscorp.

Every Labor government which comes to power has to deal with the lies told about the budget and the time bombs ticking away.

Yes, Albonese faces huge problems, every one of them caused by the inept and corrupt mob that just got the boot.

Who pays someone 10's of thousands per day for their professional advice then ignores that advice?

Growing up with a single mum in welfare housing, they wouldn't have been able to afford expensive dental repair like fillings. It'd be waiting for the government dentist to pull them out!
He's been on good coin for twenty six years.

yep good thing we had the Libs in charge for the past decade or so....you know the 'superior money managers'

What baloney. It's a myth invented by Howard and promulgated by Newscorp.

Every Labor government which comes to power has to deal with the lies told about the budget and the time bombs ticking away.

Yes, Albonese faces huge problems, every one of them caused by the inept and corrupt mob that just got the boot.

ScoMo can't control inflation

He didn't get the head start some do/did. By that metric & from having a caring caring mum, he's made it basically through his own efforts.
The point is he's had ample money and time to get his teeth fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back