Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry to clarify, if the ICAC is used for the go forward, fine, but if it is used for bloodlust then it is lost.

The ALP campaigned on an ICAC looking over the past 15 years, and the Teals and Greens will hold them to that

there is zero chance of this being a "look forward only" tool

By “best”, you mean the most indecisive, weak and easily persuaded PM. Well, definitely we’ll suited to lead a minority government. Perfect fit.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Emotion Reaction GIF

Not to be controversial, but is the ICAC the promise to the labor voters or is this something the centre (and by extension the independants) want?

I wanted the LNP out because of their performance - the election is the clearest signal to the two major parties that the level of patience in both major parties will continue to wane. Is pushing for an ICAC to punish the LNP further going to be popular outside of the 30% base of the ALP or will it be viewed as an overreach.....

The ICAC was one of the campaign platforms of the Teals. And Greens.

It will happen. And not soon enough.

A win for Labor, and no doubt relief for many on the left, but really is it a ‘great’ victory? They have won with a comparatively shrunken primary. There are some deep lessons and thought required for both major parties required moving foward. Time to be humble.

Got to love how much play these sort of sentiments are getting. "Although they won the grand final, they did it with an embarrassing inside 50 count and were really unimpressive in the contested possession stats. Time for some soul searching."

Lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Majority of internet forums is idle speculation - why shut down conversation?
Who said anything about shutting it down?

I've recently retired after running a consistently successful small sub-contracting concern in an ultra competitive sector for over 25 years.

That has made me pragmatic and realistic to a high degree.

I base all my decisions and actions on VERIFYABLE FACTS and RAW NUMBERS.

Anything else is simply guessing.

Not to be controversial, but is the ICAC the promise to the labor voters or is this something the centre (and by extension the independants) want?

I wanted the LNP out because of their performance - the election is the clearest signal to the two major parties that the level of patience in both major parties will continue to wane. Is pushing for an ICAC to punish the LNP further going to be popular outside of the 30% base of the ALP or will it be viewed as an overreach.....
I want dodgy politicians punished no matter what party they're from.

I doubt it'd happen but I'd also want serious jail time as well. We need to make running for parliament unappealing for rorters.

Part of the LNP poor performance was because they did terrible things like robodebt, sports rorts and corporate welfare with jobkeeper. In an ideal world, they'll be legally punished for that but I'm not holding my breath.

Who said anything about shutting it down?

I've recently retired after running a consistently successful small sub-contracting concern in an ultra competitive sector for over 25 years.

That has made me pragmatic and realistic to a high degree.

I base all my decisions and actions on VERIFYABLE FACTS and RAW NUMBERS.

Anything else is simply guessing.
Congrats on your retirement. I do favor verifiable facts and numbers when making decisions - but I am not making decisions on this as it is speculation driven by deep seeded cynicism in the 2 major political party system.

we definitely need a wealth tax

Three problems with this

A. Major Political Parties in Australia, America, etc are funded by big business (Both sides of the aisle) - they're gonna attack the people who paid for their campaigns? Believe me, it won't happen
B. Rich people aren't stupid - They'll shift their money around, avoiding tax just like they always do
C. See how wealth taxes went in France, Germany, etc - They yield almost nothing or got scrapped

A non-deductible consumption tax is the only way I've seen that can fix this problem, it appears to be the only way to get consistency in taxation.
But as we saw in the campaign - neither side addressed taxation, as they know they'll get smoked come election day and piss off their rich donors.

Don't mean to come across as pessimistic, I'm all for government & taxation reform - it's the only way we can pay off this ridiculous level of debt, invest in innovation, health care, education, etc ... But sadly, you won't see it happen under any of these major parties - they'll just keep racking up huge debt.

Hopefully future generations are smarter, less corrupt and learn from our past mistakes ... we can only hope

Congrats on your retirement. I do favor verifiable facts and numbers when making decisions - but I am not making decisions on this as it is speculation driven by deep seeded cynicism in the 2 major political party system.
I understand and share your cynicism but speculation has no place in my life - the harsh realities of small business in an ultra competitive sector simply burn that out of you if you want to survive.

To my mindset if it isn't contributing to the solution it's an issue that is irrelevant and worse a distraction.

The ICAC was one of the campaign platforms of the Teals. And Greens.

It will happen. And not soon enough.
Even if Albo tried to backtrack on this election promise as ScoMo did, the Greens and Teals will demand it as a condition of supply

Based on Dutton's performance as a minister? I can't think of too many senior member's of Parliament with a worse record than him.
Again, if Peter Dutton is the opposition leader or Liberal leader goin' to the 2025 election, I don't see the liberals winning.

Albanese will last a while. He won the 2022 election. Not because of him being great but because his opponent is inept.

So I see that will be a similar reason why Labor will win the election in 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back