Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't agree with the poster who claimed that giving workers a pay rise would create an inflation spiral but I maintain there are many more criteria for being leftist than one isolated instance. I think that's being simplistic.
Well yes but then I don't think seeds is a lefty just in general

Im a left winger dude. I advocate for death taxes, bans on private education, introduction of wealth taxes and governments being able to print money to provide government services rather then sell bonds.

want to try again with a better argument now?
Leftism isn't just tax policy. Leftism is about supporting the marginalised and less powerful to come into the mainstream and earn more power, socially and economically.

Leftism isn't just tax policy. Leftism is about supporting the marginalised and less powerful to come into the mainstream and earn more power, socially and economically.
but in this regard we are talking about tax and regulatory policy.

in any case I disagree the leftism is about shifting power from one group to another. Power differentials is wokism language thats rooted in conservative attitudes towards race, sex and gender. In some ways its the opposite of leftism. Leftism is about breaking down the idea that there are groups to begin with. Its about equal rights, opportunity and treatment regardless of where or to what family you were born. Its not about pitting racial, sex and gender groups against each other in a battle for power.

Good to see that posters on here still support the cultural genocide that some would dare to call “progress”.

And for clarification, what I mean by “cultural genocide“ is the fact that you continue to support the ignorance of history, culture, philosophy and anything else worth learning about, which you demonstrate by these very words.
Wait are you defending religion while calling others ignorant? 🤣🤣

I dont consider being against workers left wing

The lines blur a little when some of the workers ie tradesmen, dockers, house painters, some traffic controllers, are earning a lot more than your average white collar.

Comparing to their map of European parties, i'd suggest that the ALP and liberals are pretty much middle ground, with one to the left of the other.

Good to see that posters on here still support the cultural genocide that some would dare to call “progress”.

And for clarification, what I mean by “cultural genocide“ is the fact that you continue to support the ignorance of history, culture, philosophy and anything else worth learning about, which you demonstrate by these very words.

No need for the drama queen language of "genocide", just because something shouldn't be taught compulsorily in school doesn't equate to the mass murdering of a group of people

Let alone that something is a religion that had been involved in actual genocide, EG witch hunts, colonialism, and erasure of other cultures. You weren't mad about them. It's like defending the right for weeds to exist in your backyard and kill the rest of the plants

Didn't your god get a 600 year old man to build a big boat because he didn't like the lifestyles of humanity and he decided to wipe it out by drowning them.
Men, Women and Children

Didn't your god get a 600 year old man to build a big boat because he didn't like the lifestyles of humanity and he decided to wipe it out by drowning them.
Men, Women and Children
Lets not forget Sodom and Gomorrah

Samuel 15:3

"Now go and strike Amalek and utterley destroy all that he has and do not spare him; but put to death both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and Donkey"

Even the camels and donkeys aren't safe from God's cancel culture.

Pretty sure books with stuff like this in it shouldn't be allowed in schools, let alone taught as infallible!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait are you defending religion while calling others ignorant? 🤣🤣

Yes, and this comment basically proves my point - that your idea of religion demonstrates a thorough and complete failure to grasp even the simple facts about history.

No need for the drama queen language of "genocide", just because something shouldn't be taught compulsorily in school doesn't equate to the mass murdering of a group of people

Let alone that something is a religion that had been involved in actual genocide, EG witch hunts, colonialism, and erasure of other cultures. You weren't mad about them. It's like defending the right for weeds to exist in your backyard and kill the rest of the plants

I’m not talking specifically about the program in schools, more so your general comments about religion.

It represents an attitude that is manifestly life denying, that proclaims ignorance to be a virtue - one that amounts to nothing and is, for a lack of a better word, disgusting.

It‘s pointless to bring up anything from history when you refuse to even understand it fully.

Men, Women and Children

Because, obviously, that’s what I’m talking about. I’m saying that you are ignorant about history, and that this a lot worse than you realise.

Last edited:
Yes, and this comment basically proves my point - that your idea of religion demonstrates a thorough and complete failure to grasp even the simple facts about history.

I’m not talking specifically about the program in schools, more so your general comments about religion.

It represents an attitude that is manifestly life denying, that proclaims ignorance to be a virtue - one that amounts to nothing and is, for a lack of a better word, disgusting.

It pointless to bring up anything from history when you refuse to even understand it fully.

Because, obviously, that’s what I’m talking about. I’m saying that you are ignorant about history, and that this a lot worse than you realise.
You over egg the importance of religion and expect to be taken seriously?
Religion can have its place in church or equivalent where people can seek it out. So I struggle to see the genocide you (exaggerate and panic) state

Religion can have its place in church or equivalent where people can seek it out. So I struggle to see the genocide you (exaggerate and panic) state
You'd need to teach religion as part of the history curriculum, you couldn't teach history properly without teaching what religion was/is.

But you don't need to specifically teach the Bible/Koran to show that they're pointless made-up stories any more than you need to teach Mein Kampf to understand Hitler and the Third Reich were terrible people.

But to ask someone to place such a conviction in a box is a bit like requiring someone to forget where they come from. Religion is not something that can be banned from the public sphere - to do so is to hold an opposition to it, rather than a neutrality that facilitates peaceful coexistence.

And this is what I mean about history - study of our past shows why it has the place it does (or did).

You'd need to teach religion as part of the history curriculum, you couldn't teach history properly without teaching what religion was/is.

But you don't need to specifically teach the Bible/Koran to show that they're pointless made-up stories any more than you need to teach Mein Kampf to understand Hitler and the Third Reich were terrible people.

Imagine making a comparison between Mein Kampf and the Bible and expecting to be taken seriously.

Except i am a left winger. I support the reason for a minimum wage. I.e. redirecting wealth from the rich to the poor. i just disagree with the mechanism cos i know it wont work anywhere near as effectively as straight out welfare redistribution and it risks making the poor worse off if it creates a wage spiral or increases unemployment.

Unemployment is 3.9% or whoever.

Demand for workers outstrips supply. Employers just whining as they have had it so good for so long and expected prices to increase and real wages to keep declining forever.

Persecuted RWNJ complex me thinks.

As you correctly state, no one is closing down churches or stopping people from going to church or even building new churches.

They are even all tax exempt!

How the * is that a genocide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back