How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Unless you accelerate to partner in a big 4 firm within 7 years salary increase is more like this in a white collar profession, all including Super:

$55k
$62k
$70k
$75k
$82k
$90k (hecs could be paid off by now and you may start looking at saving for a house, bout 30 here)
$100k
$108k
$130k (children starting to be talked about)
$136k
$145k
$160k
$165k
$172k (getting towards 40 now, hopefully you can buy a family home)

People don’t normally just roll into $150k for 10years. If anything they may get to $150k (if high performing) at around 34 and then stay there for ever if they can’t promote up from there.

The last 10 of those average out to 128k/year

1f you let the next 2 levels be 180k, 190k (which is the level discussed above)

Then the 10 year average is $148k/year

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Huh? I never complained about anything. All I said was I think Albo is doing a good job and hope he keeps the Stage 3 tax cuts.
$1.5k on food and all other products for a family of 4 in Sydney is about $400 a week, not exactly dining each night.

For myself and a teenager Id spend way less than that, including a bit of take away.

Those tax cuts should have been the very first thing Labor cancelled.

Including Super and needing to pay back HECS. I didn’t include any costs like health insurance, life things like getting married, any sort of social life etc…
I’m not saying someone on this wicket is poor, I just don’t think they are driving around in brand new Cayenne, purchasing blue ribbon property and shucking oysters Sunday morning.

And the last 10 years you are 40, most people would like to buy a house before then. 30 year loan and you’d be close to in the dirt by the time you finish your mortgage repayments

Yes. Id spend way less than half. My groceries would be about $150 per week.
$150 per week, double that for double the people and it’s $300 a week, which is $1,200 a month. And does your “groceries” include everything? Including the take away, odd coffee, sandwich at the office when you didn’t have time to make lunch the night before. Either way I said $1.5k a month and you are at $1.2k a month without including anything other than “groceries” so not sure why you took issue with what I said.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
$150 per week, double that for double the people and it’s $300 a week, which is $1,200 a month. And does your “groceries” include everything? Including the take away, odd coffee, sandwich at the office when you didn’t have time to make lunch the night before. Either way I said $1.5k a month and you are at $1.2k a month without including anything other than “groceries” so not sure why you took issue with what I said.

As in all shopping. Food and other things.

I dont drink coffee or tea and rarely get take away.

Medicines are my biggest expense but wouldnt ever judge someone on medicals.

Sure, all per month, mortgage is about $5k (and going up), food and cleaning products $1.5k, car $1k, school fees and consumables $2k+, council rates elec water gas $1k, Insurances $0.8k, children clothes + consumables $0.5k, and that doesn’t include tolls, public transport to work everyday, parent clothes and consumables, parking fines :(, Kayo for footy, couple of beers, replacing appliances, travel to see family once a year (live interstate). No pets (yet) which will cost more per year. Children are young so not yet playing sport which costs again.
A single salary at $190k is earning less than a fuel income family on $85k each, are two parents working at $90k rich?
Those numbers add up to more than you'd take home on 190k single income......

As in all shopping. Food and other things.

I dont drink coffee or tea and rarely get take away.

Medicines are my biggest expense but wouldnt ever judge someone on medicals.
And look I’m not here to argue what’s right or wrong, each individual family has their own situation and priorities.
No doubt people on a household income of day $120k are less wealthy than a family on $190k.
I just think there are other and better ways to collect revenue than to assume a family with a single worker on $190k a year with 2 or 3 or more kids is rolling in dosh.

Those numbers add up to more than you'd take home on 190k single income......
It’s about $10-12k a month (depending which month) which is around about the take home pay of someone on $190k. They’re approximated.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
And look I’m not here to argue what’s right or wrong, each individual family has their own situation and priorities.
No doubt people on a household income of day $120k are less wealthy than a family on $190k.
I just think there are other and better ways to collect revenue than to assume a family with a single worker on $190k a year with 2 or 3 or more kids is rolling in dosh.

If the tax cuts were cancelled they'd be no better or worse off because of our tax system.

And collecting more tax revenue from people on high incomes is exactly how we should be doing it.

It’s about $10-12k a month (depending which month) which is around about the take home pay of someone on $190k. They’re approximated.
I know what the take home on 190k is, you're paying almost 50% of your income on your mortgage
There is no way you should have been able to borrow that much

True, but you're using a strawman. Jello_B didn't claim to be poor.
They kind of were but it was more related the 1600 cranky was using instead for their calculations

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Huh? I never complained about anything. All I said was I think Albo is doing a good job and hope he keeps the Stage 3 tax cuts.
$1.5k on food and all other products for a family of 4 in Sydney is about $400 a week, not exactly dining each night.
$400 per week isn't a lavish amount to spend given that it works out to $14 per person per day. A decent steak costs $20 by itself.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
For myself and a teenager Id spend way less than that, including a bit of take away.

Those tax cuts should have been the very first thing Labor cancelled.
The ALP shouldn't have promised those tax cuts, but they should keep them given they were taken to an election. Honesty is still a virtue, is it not?

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The ALP shouldn't have promised those tax cuts, but they should keep them given they were taken to an election. Honesty is still a virtue, is it not?

"Scomo left us with crippling debt. And expenses which simply cannot be contained or afforded."

Which votes are they losing? People on $200k vote Liberal, National or Greens.

It was bad enough when they ditched the franking credit plan. They can complain all they want about the Federal finances but its their choices which are contributing to the debt.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
"Scomo left us with crippling debt. And expenses which simply cannot be contained or afforded."

Which votes are they losing? People on $200k vote Liberal, National or Greens.

It was bad enough when they ditched the franking credit plan. They can complain all they want about the Federal finances but its their choices which are contributing to the debt.
I wouldn't buy an obvious lie about openly published levels of debt.

One of the reasons ScoMo's government was thrown out was due to their dishonesty. The public expects better, and it would be a poor move for Albo to make the shift towards core and non-core promises so early on. Such a move would affect my voting intentions next time around.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I wouldn't buy an obvious lie about openly published levels of debt.

One of the reasons ScoMo's government was thrown out was due to their dishonesty. The public expects better, and it would be a poor move for Albo to make the shift towards core and non-core promises so early on. Such a move would affect my voting intentions next time around.

"Call me Honest Albo as I stick to my guns and watch debt skyrocket while interests keep jumping 0.5% every month".

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
"Call me Honest Albo as I stick to my guns and watch debt skyrocket while interests keep jumping 0.5% every month".
Interest rates have been rising internationally. It's not a problem you can link to Albo. Will removing stage 3 tax cuts alter the projectory of interest rate rises?

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Interest rates have been rising internationally. It's not a problem you can link to Albo. Will removing stage 3 tax cuts alter the projectory of interest rate rises?

Ask yourself why interest rates are rising then think about what giving people on $200k+ thousands of dollars back will do.

And the impact those further needed rises will have on people not on that much money and not getting those thousands back.

Labor are hurting low and middle income earners to protect high income earners.

Welcome to Blair's New Labour.

Well, someone didn't just start earning 190k fresh out of school. Lets say they been earning 150k/year on average for 10 years.

They should have half of that mortgage paid off already.
How so? Are they living at home? Otherwise rental will eat a big chunk of that

Unlikely to make the projected rise worse. Can’t afford cuts much like can’t afford to continue fuel excise cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back