Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what the take home on 190k is, you're paying almost 50% of your income on your mortgage
There is no way you should have been able to borrow that much

They kind of were but it was more related the 1600 cranky was using instead for their calculations
I was claiming that they would be severely mortgage stressed on the median Sydney property and assumed mortgage size. And in a way agreeing that they shouldn’t borrow so much (which is where my 800k mortgage came from, using definition of mortgage stress as 30% of pre tax income)

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Unlikely to make the projected rise worse. Can’t afford cuts much like can’t afford to continue fuel excise cut.
Fuel excise cuts were promised for 6 months and that will be delivered. The public voted the ALP in based on a platform that includes stage 3 tax cuts, and the wants of the public should be respected in a democracy.

Fuel excise cuts were promised for 6 months and that will be delivered. The public voted the ALP in based on a platform that includes stage 3 tax cuts, and the wants of the public should be respected in a democracy.
It’s pretty standard to go “holey sheet we had no idea how fuxked the books are cancel that tax cut or defer for 20 years”. Particularly as some liberals (Russell broadbent for one) are on the record calling for it to be stopped/ deferred.

I was claiming that they would be severely mortgage stressed on the median Sydney property and assumed mortgage size. And in a way agreeing that they shouldn’t borrow so much (which is where my 800k mortgage came from, using definition of mortgage stress as 30% of pre tax income)
there is much wrong with housing prices median in Melbourne is 1.2 mil and there are entire suburbs that don't even come close to that number though

the banks will absolutely let you borrow too much, especially after Frydenburg rolled back the lending criteria that was previously tightened after the GFC to avoid another housing crash

he did that when interest rates were very low and while the RBA was saying they would remain low for years

people are desperate for somewhere to live, a lot of them will do what the bank says and believe rates won't go up

Governments at state and federal level have been encouraging this for decades as well

its a massive mess and yes people on $190k as a household are closer to being poor than rich but if you have a single income household where one person is earning that $190k, in most cases the second person not working is a choice.

Not always but in most cases, meaning they have room to grow their household income in ways that dual income households don't

So they should still be better placed to weather the coming storm in general

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
there is much wrong with housing prices median in Melbourne is 1.2 mil and there are entire suburbs that don't even come close to that number though

the banks will absolutely let you borrow too much, especially after Frydenburg rolled back the lending criteria that was previously tightened after the GFC to avoid another housing crash

he did that when interest rates were very low and while the RBA was saying they would remain low for years

people are desperate for somewhere to live, a lot of them will do what the bank says and believe rates won't go up

Governments at state and federal level have been encouraging this for decades as well

its a massive mess and yes people on $190k as a household are closer to being poor than rich but if you have a single income household where one person is earning that $190k, in most cases the second person not working is a choice.

Not always but in most cases, meaning they have room to grow their household income in ways that dual income households don't

So they should still be better placed to weather the coming storm in general
The numbers my wife and I were offered for a loan just a few years back we’re absolutely absurd. Granted we both earn pretty well but if we’d taken it we were one bad week away from being behind on the mortgage and playing catch up for life.

We are both uber conservative financially and chose to take less (which very obviously annoyed our lender) and given the current situation with rates etc (my employer has basically frozen wages for 3 years) it was the best decision we could make. Many others didn’t and they are under immense pressure snd stress now.

The numbers my wife and I were offered for a loan just a few years back we’re absolutely absurd. Granted we both earn pretty well but if we’d taken it we were one bad week away from being behind on the mortgage and playing catch up for life.

We are both uber conservative financially and chose to take less (which very obviously annoyed our lender) and given the current situation with rates etc (my employer has basically frozen wages for 3 years) it was the best decision we could make. Many others didn’t and they are under immense pressure snd stress now.
yeah I've never taken what they'd offer, my limit has always been below theirs

but that is part of the reason the market is so ****ed because they are allowed to offer people way more than they should which just pushes prices up

of course the banks want the biggest return they can get, the regulators and legislators that are supposed to stop that from happening have instead been egging it on

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Great dress from Mrs Bandt.

3314.jpg

Good free publicity though.
plenty of other people that weren't attending
protest out the front if you want publicity but Bandt wouldn't be caught dead doing that

All the Labor MPs were there, I'll never bag Adam Bandt.
Nick McKim has been in scintillating form in the senate.
On multiple occasions he referred to the 'psycopathic cabal' of fossil fuel shills but you will never hear that in the media.
of course all the Labor MPs were there, they are pro fossil fuel

quite a few other Greens people weren't there

If you'll never bag Bandt then he doesn't have to be accountable for anything he does

that is the way of the Albo stan

beware danny phantom GIF

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
of course all the Labor MPs were there, they are pro fossil fuel

quite a few other Greens people weren't there

If you'll never bag Bandt then he doesn't have to be accountable for anything he does

that is the way of the Albo stan

beware danny phantom GIF
The Greens have science based policy so you can't bag them.
Bandt was clearly going for publicity and other Greens were protesting.

The Greens have science based policy so you can't bag them.
you absolutely can bag them, especially when they don't live up to their promises

Bandt was clearly going for publicity and other Greens were protesting.
I ******* hate the met gala fashion style protest

he's condoning the event by attending regardless of what his partner is wearing

It’s pretty standard to go “holey sheet we had no idea how fuxked the books are cancel that tax cut or defer for 20 years”. Particularly as some liberals (Russell broadbent for one) are on the record calling for it to be stopped/ deferred.
That was as much a wedge as a desire to balance the budget.
Albo is now wedged on the issue - either honor the commitment with 90% of the cuts going to higher income earners, or break a promise and get pillared for it

Sep 16, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
That was as much a wedge as a desire to balance the budget.
Albo is now wedged on the issue - either honor the commitment with 90% of the cuts going to higher income earners, or break a promise and get pillared for it
I honestly don't think he would get pilloried as much as people are thinking. Yes, the LNP would go to town on him, but Joe Average can see that given where we are these cuts are totally unnecessary and unaffordable.

If he is going to stand his ground on it though, own the choice as your own. The ALP voted for the changes, the ALP took it to the election that they would keep the changes, regardless of who initially introduced this legislation its theirs now, and the deserve to be chastised if they continue to say that they are just continuing on with a LNP policy.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
you absolutely can bag them, especially when they don't live up to their promises

I ******* hate the met gala fashion style protest

he's condoning the event by attending regardless of what his partner is wearing
What promises have they not lived up to?
The sponsors of the event were coal stooges so I see your point but the dress of Mrs Bandt was a clear visual protest in itself.

What promises have they not lived up to?
The sponsors of the event were coal stooges so I see your point but the dress of Mrs Bandt was a clear visual protest in itself.
I mean they've taken a massive L on their climate policies in the first 100 days of the new Government rolling over on Labor's 43% target

In the Vic branch which Bandt is a member of their platform on Trans Rights being non negotiable has been shown to be pretty hollow and Adam hasn't said s**t on that topic at all that I've seen, leaving it up to other to say they support trans people while keeping Linda Gale (who funds Bandt among others) within the fold

But I was talking more generally in you're I'd never question Bandt comment you're saying he always has your support no matter what and that's just not good

if the leader of the Greens was out the front they wouldn't

Nah. Protesting out the front gets a passing mention, that dress grabs headlines.

Brad Goodman

His name isn't important
Oct 7, 2002
AFL Club
Collingwood
And now Dreyfus is potentially in hot water over investments.

They seriously just need a rule to go for diversified Australian funds or cash.

1662680023835.png

1662680005461.png

My reading of that is that perhaps in any other role that holding would pass the test, but as attorney general it might not?

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

View attachment 1503361

View attachment 1503360

My reading of that is that perhaps in any other role that holding would pass the test, but as attorney general it might not?

And its a self managed super fund, not a public fund with an independent invement team making the selections.

He was very high and mighty about the AG when shadow AG. May come back and bite him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back