Anthony Davis

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Still leads the league very heathily with a 32.7 PER.

Just to put that into perspective.

The best single season PER average in NBA history is Wilt's 31.82 back in 1962/63. It goes...

1. 31.82 - Wilt Chamberlain - 1962/63
2. 31.74 - Wilt Chamberlain - 1961/62
3. 31.71 - Michael Jordan - 1987/88

So Anthony Davis is on course to smash the ALL TIME single season PER average.

Geez louise.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Westbrook has played 16 of the 30 games for OKC. Not sure why he isn't rated on there yet being that the criteria is to play greater than half the games.

Note - He is on ESPN - http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics

It actually isn't.

Criteria across the whole season is 70 games or 2,000 minutes. The equivalent through 30 games would be 26 games or 857 minutes. Westbrook has played 510 minutes across 16 games so far.

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
It actually isn't.

Criteria across the whole season is 70 games or 2,000 minutes. The equivalent through 30 games would be 26 games or 857 minutes. Westbrook has played 510 minutes across 16 games so far.

Interesting different websites have different requirements.

basketball reference is 70 games
espn is 70% of games
It actually isn't.

You win. Each website seems to have a different min requirement, though 70 games seems to be the official one. In saying that the minute requirement is 732 minutes according to http://origin.nba.com/leader_requirements.html

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
His PER is back in the human realm now. Durant's is climbing as well (even though he hasn't played the minimum requirements) and you would expect him to probably catch Davis by the end of the season with OKC needing big minutes from him as they chase a playoff spot.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yeah back down to a more human 31.5.

If he gets better teammates around him and wins more games. Multiple MVP's.

He too is still getting better all the time aswell. Scary.

Come home to Chicago champ!

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yeah it has been dropping, He was up around 35 for most of the season which was downright scary. I think it will continue to drop but should finish around 30 would be an amazing season. He's just a kid too. I can see him putting together a season that beats all those that came before it.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I mean to put it into context. In the history of the game only only 8 players have ever averaged 30.0+ PER for an entire season. Those are...

Wilt Chamberlain
Michael Jordan
LeBron James
Shaquille O'Neal
David Robinson
Chris Paul
Tracy McGrady
Dwayne Wade

Out of those 8 players, only 4 of them have done it multiple times. Shaq and Wilt managed it 3 a piece and LeBron and MJ did it 4 times each.

AD is among those right now at 31.5.

It may drop, but im gonna back him in to become just the 9th player in history to finish an entire season with a PER above 30.0 and I also back him in to do it more than once over his career for sure.

#freak #superstar #nextlevel #perhapswerelookingatthesecondgreatestofalltime

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Just in case you were all sleeping on my man AD.

Yesterday...

39 points
13 rebounds
2 assists
3 steals
8 blocks
17/30 from the field.
1 turnover

31.66 PER for the season. Closing in on becoming just the 9th player in the history of the game to average above 30 for an entire season.

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
As above - no one is sleeping on him. He is widely considered top 3 in the game, and pretty sure Bill Simmons has put him number 2 in his annual trade value list... You really cant be rated much higher than that. And once Lebron and KD are a bit older, the Brow will likely be the dominant player in the game.

However that also doesnt change that his MVP chances are very slim... The west is just too difficult and there are too many teams having great seasons.
(as you will note: 3 of those 8 guys with per>30 havent won an MVP)

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
I wouldn't go nuts on the PER stuff.

It's only a vague measuring tool that favours playmaking guards and big men. Aside from the obvious points/boards/blocks, the reason AD's rating is so phenomenally high is that he shoots 55/80 and doesn't turn it over much.

Which is impressive, don't get me wrong, but if his is the 9th greatest individual season in history I'll eat my hat. His scoring is still closer to opportunistic than dominant (yes even at 24ppg), and his raw defensive stats probably flatter him in terms of game-changing ability at that end.

He's still a work in progress, albeit an impressive one.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I wouldn't go nuts on the PER stuff.

It's only a vague measuring tool that favours playmaking guards and big men. Aside from the obvious points/boards/blocks, the reason AD's rating is so phenomenally high is that he shoots 55/80 and doesn't turn it over much.

Which is impressive, don't get me wrong, but if his is the 9th greatest individual season in history I'll eat my hat. His scoring is still closer to opportunistic than dominant (yes even at 24ppg), and his raw defensive stats probably flatter him in terms of game-changing ability at that end.

He's still a work in progress, albeit an impressive one.
That's the scary thing. He is that good now, yet he is a work in progress. Id honestly have him as the third best player in the entire league right now behind LeBron and Durant. 3rd best and he is just a kid with SOOOO much more room to grow, improve and areas of his game that can still get so much better. It's downright frightening!

Also while ive got you SoS, I just want to say thanks for putting in all the development and groundwork for him in his early years. He is beginning to really peak soon, which will of course also coincide with his move home to Chicago where he can then go into full beast mode! :)

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Also I do feel like people are sleeping on him. Not so much on here but just in general, look at all the buzz around Westbrook and his charge for MVP honours. His team is what a half a game in front of AD's Pelicans?

AD is having a better season and is a half game worse off. So how is he not right in the MVP mix??

Personally I think it's between Curry and Harden, but that's only because their respective team's records are far better. Not that either are actually having a better season than AD or Westbrook.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Also another Brow stat.

Since the NBA/ABA merger only 5 players have managed to have a game with at least 39 points, 13 rebounds and 8 blocks, joining an elite list that includes Dwight Howard (2009), Hakeem Olajuwon (1994), Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (1980) and Bob Lanier (1977)

That's it. Five blokes and AD is just getting started.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
That's the scary thing. He is that good now, yet he is a work in progress. Id honestly have him as the third best player in the entire league right now behind LeBron and Durant. 3rd best and he is just a kid with SOOOO much more room to grow, improve and areas of his game that can still get so much better. It's downright frightening!

Also while ive got you SoS, I just want to say thanks for putting in all the development and groundwork for him in his early years. He is beginning to really peak soon, which will of course also coincide with his move home to Chicago where he can then go into full beast mode! :)

I dunno about third best right now, although he'll get there eventually. Steph and Harden can kill a game in five minutes - AD's not quite there yet.

As for Chicago - you remember that hypothetical price I quoted for Boogie? Well, add 20%! :p

FWIW I remember Zo once put up 32/13/7 AND hit three threes in a playoff game against Michael Jordan #Zo4GOAT

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
I dunno about third best right now, although he'll get there eventually. Steph and Harden can kill a game in five minutes - AD's not quite there yet.

As for Chicago - you remember that hypothetical price I quoted for Boogie? Well, add 20%! :p

FWIW I remember Zo once put up 32/13/7 AND hit three threes in a playoff game against Michael Jordan #Zo4GOAT
* trading for him, that will cost far too much. We will just wait until he is a FA and then sign him. :)

Back