Anthony Hudson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
This year he's gone to another level, if that's possible seeing as though he was already complete garbage. Every passage of play he calls it like '' Leo Barry you star '' I really do mute the volume now as I can't stand idiots like him and Dwayne calling it. After briefily switching the volume back on after Shiels goalled for Essendon in the last, his latest line was '' reality tv at it's finest '' that's the s**t you unmute it for? Eddie McGuire - Garbage. Daisy Pearce - God Awful. These clowns ruin the game which is already suffering and regressing year after year and now the coronvirus making it near unbearable to watch. The commentators overdo it( more so than before ) trying to save their jobes when the reality is they know the game is diabolical and near unwatchable. Thank * for finals because this season is drawing to a close.

Standard of play+ Commentators = Pure s**t.

This year he's gone to another level, if that's possible seeing as though he was already complete garbage. Every passage of play he calls it like '' Leo Barry you star '' I really do mute the volume now as I can't stand idiots like him and Dwayne calling it. After briefily switching the volume back on after Shiels goalled for Essendon in the last, his latest line was '' reality tv at it's finest '' that's the sh*t you unmute it for? Eddie McGuire - Garbage. Daisy Pearce - God Awful. These clowns ruin the game which is already suffering and regressing year after year and now the coronvirus making it near unbearable to watch. The commentators overdo it( more so than before ) trying to save their jobes when the reality is they know the game is diabolical and near unwatchable. Thank fu** for finals because this season is drawing to a close.

Standard of play+ Commentators = Pure sh*t.

A 15 year bump, even for you this is something.

This year he's gone to another level, if that's possible seeing as though he was already complete garbage. Every passage of play he calls it like '' Leo Barry you star '' I really do mute the volume now as I can't stand idiots like him and Dwayne calling it. After briefily switching the volume back on after Shiels goalled for Essendon in the last, his latest line was '' reality tv at it's finest '' that's the sh*t you unmute it for? Eddie McGuire - Garbage. Daisy Pearce - God Awful. These clowns ruin the game which is already suffering and regressing year after year and now the coronvirus making it near unbearable to watch. The commentators overdo it( more so than before ) trying to save their jobes when the reality is they know the game is diabolical and near unwatchable. Thank fu** for finals because this season is drawing to a close.

Chill dawg

Did he call it today? I thought it was Russell and McGuire, with special comments from Lewis and Lynch and King

A shitload of these posters leave us on the edge of our seats with their last ever post. Alot of these guys must come to the realisation there's a world out there besides bigfooty, or maybe they randomly drop dead. Sorry for being morbid

Hudson is proof that perhaps looking to former players isn't the best idea when looking for commentators. Though in saying that Bruce McAvaney was never a player and he is awful.

Hudson though is the best commentator in the game by far. It almost isn't up for debate, just a universally accepted truth.
and you're beating yourself up with this.. cary on and Derm is a demigod... throwing up all the epistles.. throwing the baby out with the
bathwater...

Foxtel seriously need the option where you can mute the commentary and just have ground noise. It’s especially more annoying this year where we can’t go to games in Victoria so we have no choice but to listen to their BS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stream my local radio station, takes about 30 secs at the start of the match to get the timing right, but it's 10x better than anything on the TV.

Probably helps that they are crows supporters so get fired up when we kick a goal etc.

It would be great if you could do it natively in Kayo/Fox, select which commentary you want on the fly like the AFL app.

How many sh*t threads is this twat allowed to make before he gets perma banned?

Huddo is one of very, very few good commentators, no bias, just pure passion for the game
Agree, he has become one of the most listenable. Doesn't have to say every play how good player X is or use too much hyperbole.

Also Daisy Pearce is great, some of the best analysis from the boundary going around. Don't know what you could complain about there.

Hudson is the best and never lets his team geelong get in the way of calling a fair game. Much like whitely too they are brilliant

He is SO annoyingly bad. Furthermore, I actually really detest you people for loving this guy yet bemoaning Dwayne Russell like he's irredeemably bad. Not even necessarily a fan of Dwayne, but what is with your INFATUATION with Huddo? Is it just because he's a poindexter dork and never played footy like yourselves? So much garbage commentary in this video, many of it being courtesy of Anthony. All of us with a working brain already know his faults, namely, his contrived screeching like a 13 year old girl whenever something exciting happens but there's something else he does which just proves what a fraud of a commentator he really is. He has literally repeated EXACTED lines before. These being "covered in glory" and "floating on air". The latter line was used upon Lewis Jetta's 4th quarter goal vs Melbourne round 23 2017 and then, 10 ROUNDS LATER, in round 9 2018 for Motlop's match winner in the showdown. Literally in consecutive seasons. Terrible. Embarrassing. Amateurish.

But I think the most pathetic thing is this: Huddo, mate, you're not Eddie. We KNOW you support Geelong, and we KNOW you are not biased when calling them because you NEVER have been. Ever. So why then, Huddo, in the "Miracle of Grass", did you carry on with another contrived call when it was apparent by your tone that you weren't actually that excited? Because you were devastated that Geelong lost. Not only that, but you wanted people to think you were genuinely excited for McGrath and Brisbane. You weren't, clearly.

"JOSH JENKINS JJ JENKA WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL HIM"
That's good commentary? Open your ears, BigFooty.

Hudson is proof that perhaps looking to former players isn't the best idea when looking for commentators. Though in saying that Bruce McAvaney was never a player and he is awful.

Hudson though is the best commentator in the game by far. It almost isn't up for debate, just a universally accepted truth.

Yeah it's up for debate, he's ******* horrible. Ling is ******* horrible too so too Whately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back