Boxing Anthony Joshua vs Mike Tyson

Who wins the bout between Anthony Joshua and Mike Tyson both in their primes?

• A.J on points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iron Mike via decision

• Joshua by K.O

• Tyson by K.O

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Joshua by T.K.O

• Tyson by T.K.O

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Draw

• Joshua by D.Q after Tyson bites his Ear

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Tyson After using a firearm

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
How would you lads simulate this fight between '' Iron '' Mike Tyson and Anthony '' A.J '' Joshua? I don't follow much of the heavyweight game as tbh it diminished significantly with every passing year. I'll take a stab in the dark and say Joshua hasn't fought that many big names more so to do with the calibre of the heavyweight opposition. He probably fought the best available, which speaks for itself. I know he fought a very big name in Wladimir Klitschko, but how far out of his prime was he when he fought him. That was a terrific fight though it must be said.

On Tyson. I wish he would have got to fight Evander, Lewis or Bowe when he was in his prime, but it didn't eventuate. Even a Foreman or a Michael Moorer, although Foreman would have been past it if they did meet, yet kept fighting for donkey well after his prime had ended:huh: I don't think Moorer hit his peak until around 95/96 when Tyson was just out of jail, or about a year into his new found freedom.

Anyway I have to give the nod to a prime Mike Tyson from what I've seen from Joshua at this stage. Remains to be seen what he can do from here on in and only time will tell. Joshua does have that significant height and reach going for him as well as good boxing I.Q. I watched Bruno vs Tyson again on ESPN today and Bruno had no answer for Tyson and didn't utilise his height and reach factor to his full advantage but it's pretty hard to do so when you have that beast in front of you firing on all cylinders. Joshua you would THINK in this day and age would have more knowledge, but would it have been enough.

Tyson gets the win imo. On points. He was able to win decisions against some decent tall fighters that good box well

Prime Tyson would destroy any heavyweight in history. However, that prime was short lived...

If the fight was post Buster Douglas, I could see Wilder giving Mike some trouble with that long ass reach. Wilder's brilliant fitness could also give Mike some trouble in the later rounds. However, I'd give Tyson the edge.

For AJ, I'm not too sure about his chin, and his stamina is a real issue. Combined with the fact he seems to get stunned at least once in his past few fights (at least since the Whyte fight). Mike would go in for the kill when he manages to stun AJ. Mike would win by TKO in the sixth.

I personally, will never forgive Tyson for biting Holyfield's ear off. What a disgrace. Also, he's a short ass.
Yeah, almost as disgraceful as a boxer using PED’s to win fights.

Mr ”Evan Fields” was nothing more than a cheating coward. :$

I personally, will never forgive Tyson for biting Holyfield's ear off. What a disgrace. Also, he's a short ass.
Lol. Holyfield deserved it. Headbutt after ******* headbutt. The ref wasn't doing anything about it, so Mike just took it into his own hands.

Pfft at that level the refs don't make those kinds of mistakes but .... nice try

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
You kidding? Halpern and Lane were absolutely useless in those fights.

Watch this video (turn off the sound though).

Holyfield has a long history of headbutting. He took it to the extreme in the Tyson fight.

Pfft at that level the refs don't make those kinds of mistakes but .... nice try

Yeah, and there’s no corruption in boxing either. :rolleyes:

Head clashes are to be expected. Biting an ear off .. no.
Not really when one guy is almost a foot taller but I guess it’s Tyson’s fault for jumping into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Head clashes are to be expected. Biting an ear off .. no.

Their's a difference between a head clash and a headbutt. Holyfield has a long history with headbutting. He's been warned for it. Took it to the extreme.

This was the result of a Holyfield headbutt

rahman-head.jpg

Their's a difference between a head clash and a headbutt. Holyfield has a long history with headbutting. He's been warned for it. Took it to the extreme.

rahman-head.jpg

I did respect your post and watched the clip. I saw one more a ram than a headbutt in Tyson v Holyfield and agree, it could have been called. It didnt hurt him, annoyed him more than anything though I think. I haven't watched that fight for a while but iirc looked like Tyson was in a losing position when the ear came off.

Heavyweights can do a lot of damage but I've seen a young fighter's face totally destroyed in a fly weight fight too, his career was over. Worse than this pic here.

rahman-head.jpg
screw boxing N head trauma
HBO chernobyl character

Back