Recommitted Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti [Comes out of retirement, re-signed until 2023]

WalshistheGOAT

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
What I wouldn't give for Tippa to run out in Navy Blue next year to see the all-time melts from Dons fans. Fantastic player too, think he was the best small fwd in the league when he was up and about, will be a good pick up for whoever lands him.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
sad and happy. happy and sad.
Freo aren't so bad, so if he goes there, im all onboard Flagmantle.

Yeah its tough when someone "quits" and sits out a year then pops up back in the AFL but at another club.

Does he have family in Perth, or is Perth the closest place to his family? If yes its hard to see Essendon getting too upset, though clearly they have lost a lot with him.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Yeah its tough when someone "quits" and sits out a year then pops up back in the AFL but at another club.

Does he have family in Perth, or is Perth the closest place to his family? If yes its hard to see Essendon getting too upset, though clearly they have lost a lot with him.
nah
from Tiwi originally, then Vic.

Perth may just be a good spot.
And tbh, couldn't care less about the year out/compensation.etc

just gonna be hard watching my favourite bomber of the last 2 decades play for someone else...but then getting to see him play at all is a bonus
conflicted

pls come back Tippa :)

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Pretty sure he’s still on our list.

We’d have to delist him, then he’d have to enter the draft, go undrafted, and then he could sign for Freo.

I’d say it’s a trade.

In any case it all sounds very weird. He has no roots in Perth so no idea why he’d suddenly want to move there.

Even if he doesn’t want to play for Essendon, he has far more connections in Vic and he is close to his family.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
AMT can still be traded by the Bombers.

Don’t think they’ll make it that difficult and no club would commit to him at his current fitness levels anyway, hence the SSP route.

Completely different situation to Jones.

blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
because the VFL loves looking after its own............serously tell me one pro sports league in the world that rewards mediocrity,sometimes afl really is a big joke
Are you seriously saying if Jones played for the Dockers and had to retire due to the league's vaccination rules they wouldn't get the same compo as Carlton?

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Would love to see him back in the AFL but my understanding was he retired because he was just miles off the pace both physically and mentally. From the outside he’s also someone who’s mental health has tanked whenever he’s had to spend an extended period away from his adopted family.

Back