Recommitted Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti [Comes out of retirement, re-signed until 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

We cant trade him cos he's retired.
So there's nothing for us to do, other than not redraft him obviously, but that applies to all clubs
has to be retired for 18 months to be a free agent, like the hodge trade and Jones. Club can release him though if they choose.

Pretty sure in part triggered by Essendon signing Mal Michael

has to be retired for 18 months to be a free agent, like the hodge trade and Jones. Club can release him though if they choose.

Pretty sure in part triggered by Essendon signing Mal Michael
given we'd have released him anyway, we still will
gives Freo the chance to have him train with them and sign on as SSP next year

precedent could be dangerous though

What I wouldn't give for Tippa to run out in Navy Blue next year to see the all-time melts from Dons fans. Fantastic player too, think he was the best small fwd in the league when he was up and about, will be a good pick up for whoever lands him.

why would we melt? He owes us nothing.

tippa is a great player but he is pretty far gone fitness wise.

Would need a massive effort on his part to get his body right, and keep it right.

im happy to just see if play again.

What I wouldn't give for Tippa to run out in Navy Blue next year to see the all-time melts from Dons fans. Fantastic player too, think he was the best small fwd in the league when he was up and about, will be a good pick up for whoever lands him.
You'd be hard pressed to find a true supporter who wouldn't want Tippa out thereagain. Regardless of the jumper colour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'll be compensated if you choose to trade him but looks like you'll delist him.

Mckenna out of the game for longer than 18 months = no compo.
What bs with McKenna if a player decides to come out of retirement that club should get compo regardless of how many years he missed

Not sure how the club is going to deal with Walla my guess is the club is trying for him to re-sign at Essendon give him a 1 year contract

What bs with McKenna if a player decides to come out of retirement that club should get compo regardless of how many years he missed

Not sure how the club is going to deal with Walla my guess is the club is trying for him to re-sign at Essendon give him a 1 year contract

There should be no compensation for a retirement. The club the player was contracted to can trade them for the duration of their contract. That's the compensation.

A player used to be able to get out of a contract by retiring then nominating for the draft but when Mal Michael left Brisbane to join Essendon this way the rules were changed.

So what’s the update here?
Freo keen? Dons also

I’d assume if he is actually considering playing there would be others willing to take a free hit
He's met with Essendon officials a couple of times, Freo is the other main option as he apparently has family in Perth.

But if he wants to go back to Essendon then he's still a listed player, we only have to renew his contract and probably he'd get reasonable money since we have plenty to spare. To get anywhere else he has to go through the draft undrafted and then may be available as an SSP rookie (unless you wanna use a senior list spot on him), and presumably you'd only want him reasonably cheap.

Barely averages a goal a game

I wish him well but his hype always exceeded his output IMO.
What year would you have him as best small in the comp?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back