Aboriginal & TSI Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti - Potential?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah... nah.
So dual-footed that he doesn't know whether he is left or right footed.
Sublime pressure, bodywork like a much bigger man, great instincts when the ball hits the ground, assists, assists, assists.
He will never accumulate as much as Aker, but the way he plays is just so similar for mine.

Can't remember if it was his debut or 2nd game, but that Rd 2 game against us last year, when a bunch of no names beat us, this guy absolutely tore us a new one and had Melbourne fans scratching their heads. Great to see him going on with it. I don't see why he can't take over the reigns from Rioli when Cyril starts slowing up. Gun.

Big fan of his football ability but not a fan of his gobbing off and sledging post-contest - he doesn't need to do it. While we're at it, Josh Green and his hair ruffling of opposition players is something that will get him a punch in the face in the near future if the karma gods are watching.

The guy is probably one of the few positives in the biggest negative. Had those players not been suspended would he really have gotten the opportunity he had last season? Doubt it would have been as much time as he did get. Proof I guess that even bad things can have a silver lining :)

He gets to a lot of contests and then that burst of pace pays. I'm sure he understands how much he's where he is because of his hard work.

Sublime, silly smooth skills. He's as fast as a hare combined with an aggressive chase and tackle mindset that is every coaches wet dream.

McGrath is the paler skin version of him. Both awesome players.

Big fan of his football ability but not a fan of his gobbing off and sledging post-contest - he doesn't need to do it. While we're at it, Josh Green and his hair ruffling of opposition players is something that will get him a punch in the face in the near future if the karma gods are watching.

Is this a troll? Because sir you have me biting! Tippa will do the stock stand pushing someone down after getting them holding the ball. Never see him gobbing off. Green did that once.

He ain't aker version 2 that's hyperbole. Would walk into every forward 6 in the game though except for maybe Adelaide. Would play in their midfield though.

Ripping drafting to get him when they did
I would have him in ours.
In: Tippa
Out: B Crouch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said he would play in your midfield...
Yes. A n d I s a id I would replace him for Crouch

pulling-teeth.jpg

Unpopular but I don't think he's as good as what people say he is. He's good,and I love the way he goes about it, but only if he sticks to his limits, whenever he takes on too much he gets into trouble.
That's probably one criticism of him that Heppell probably addressed with him yesterday, but this is only his second year at AFL level. He is a very good learner. At least he gives it his all. I'd take the 2/10 times that taking the game on doesn't work out for him along with his game changing pace, brilliance and footy smarts any day of the week. But outside of the occasional slips, he has been massive for us this year.

Why is this thread tagged Aboriginal/Torres Straight Islander? How is that relevant to how good a player he is?

Unpopular but I don't think he's as good as what people say he is. He's good,and I love the way he goes about it, but only if he sticks to his limits, whenever he takes on too much he gets into trouble.

No, he has become the player he is so far exactly because he takes the game on at every given opportunity, dial that back & he's just another stock standard player

I think he could play as a genuine utility. Played well down back to start his career and has been excellent as a pure impact small forward, wouldn't be surprised if they do something similar to Adelaide and Charlie Cameron and put him on the wing. Could see him eventually become something like a Dayne Zorko and become a goal kicking inside bull.

Someone needs to talk to him about changing boots. He turns on a dime so quickly that he loses his feet probably once per game just through lack of traction. I mean that's just nitpicking because I absolutely love the way he plays, if anything getting caught once per week just seems to drive him more. He kicked a fantastic goal minutes after the slip last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back