Recommitted Anthony Miles [re-signed until 2018]

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a solid citizen for Richmond for a few years but has struggled to get a game this year. At his best he's a 23 disposal, 5 clearance midfielder, a side like Essendon or West Coast could definitely use him. What would his worth be? Early to mid 3rd round?

I posted this on the Hawthorn board in June...

OK...so don't all shoot me down as I have a trade suggestion for a player that will NOT whet your appetite.. he is not a young gun like Whitfield, Lever, etc and not a superstar like Fyfe, Martin, etc. IT's merely a 'deepen the list in an area of need for cheap' kind of trade ala Fitzy, Hendo, etc.

What about Anthony Miles?

He is uncontracted. He is 25. He is not getting a game at the moment. He is an inside mid in the right age/experience bracket. I reckon he would come cheap (i.e. late nothing pick) and he is actually OK.

He averages 23 possessions, 11 contested, 5 clearances and 4 tackles at AFL level and is a mature body (these stats are since debut - his last couple of years have been better).

Maybe I'm doing that thing where I am swayed by how he has played against Hawthorn (does anyone remember when he had 30 possessions, 18 contested, 7 clearances, 8 inside 50's and 3 Brownlow votes against the eventual premier in 2015?) but he seems like the type of player who will support the list until we find some superstar young mids to support Mitchell and hopefully O'Meara?

Not someone I would actively chase but would be worth a shot given he could come quite cheap and for his perspective, is more likely a spot in Hawthorn's current midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not good enough.

Had ample opportunity.

You don't think it's his inflexibility that is his issue?

He's pretty bloody good at extracting the pill. The bombres should definitely have a look.

You don't think it's his inflexibility that is his issue?

He's pretty bloody good at extracting the pill. The bombres should definitely have a look.

Too many deficiencies. Not enough hurt.

Been around long enough to make it. 100/1 chance of him being of any value to any team going anywhere.

He can go head to head with similar ilk to him in the Leagues 1 step below.

No disgrace in that. Better player than 99% of us....but not AFL quality.

Too many deficiencies. Not enough hurt.

Been around long enough to make it. 100/1 chance of him being of any value to any team going anywhere.

He can go head to head with similar ilk to him in the Leagues 1 step below.

No disgrace in that. Better player than 99% of us....but not AFL quality.

Couldn't care if his skills are average like the post above he's good at extracting the pill.

Not sure why people think he'll be cheap. He's definitely a wanted player at Richmond, albeit on the fringe of the 22. Think we'd value him as a mid to late 2nd, but seeing as we've got 2 x third round picks (no second), and a father/son expected to go in the 20's I can't see much value in us trading for even this. So while I think it would be a good trade for someone it looks very difficult to make it happen.

Can see Kangaroos chasing him to bolster their midfield.

It's not the worst idea. He'd allow Ziebell to go forward without us missing any clearance clout.

We wouldn't so much gain a midfielder, we'd gain a very damaging forward.

He'd have to come cheap though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back