Recommitted Anthony Miles [re-signed until 2018]

Remove this Banner Ad

MOST Tigers supporters said he was the second coming of christ of inside midfielders.

Lol. At Hartung sledge. He is a very very average footballer. Just like Miles. WTF has that got to do with the price of fish in China.
Hartung is not even close to miles as a footballer you peanut . Lol lol lol yourself . I hope your a girl taking like that .

Really surprised Essendon didn't have a crack. Maybe they did who knows. He's the type of player they need.
We were neck deep in negotiations for Stringer, Saad and Smith. Probably didn't have the time, or the resources to get it done

We were neck deep in negotiations for Stringer, Saad and Smith. Probably didn't have the time, or the resources to get it done

While I agree with this, we finished Stringer with about 15 minutes to go. Miles wanted two years somewhere and Richmond were saying they would let him go if an opportunity appeared.

Pick #48 for Miles on a two year contract. Maybe it was offered, maybe it wasn't. But for mine, it should have been. So the guy couldn't break in to the Premiership team with Dusty and Cotchin. Pretty sure he's a walk up 22 at Essendon, even after adding the stocks we have. We have plenty of outside magic but need some inside grunt.

Do not want. He won't solve our problems at all

would walk into your starting midfield, excellent inside mid that is only out of the side because of prestia

would walk into your starting midfield, excellent inside mid that is only out of the side because of prestia

Would definitely get games but I'd rather play Parish in that role. There's a limit to how many 180cm types you can have in your midfield and Essendon already have McGrath, Merrett and Parish.

Chances of him getting delisted?
Next to none. He's a handy depth player for us, the club rates him, unfortunately he was pushed out due to change of game style, Miles is an excellent inside midfielder, unfortunately that's where it stops for him in terms of strings to his bow, poor man's Watson in terms of being able to extract the ball when in his prime, unfortunately for these type of players the game is rapidly changing to midfielders that need to have versatility as they can be exposed quite easily.

Next to none. He's a handy depth player for us, the club rates him, unfortunately he was pushed out due to change of game style, Miles is an excellent inside midfielder, unfortunately that's where it stops for him in terms of strings to his bow, poor man's Watson in terms of being able to extract the ball when in his prime, unfortunately for these type of players the game is rapidly changing to midfielders that need to have versatility as they can be exposed quite easily.

Yeah we need mids who can win the ball and spread from a contest.

Good news for Richmond really, he is more than capable to step up if injuries occur or someone's form drops, nice to have some pressure from below for once, we won a flag on being loyal and sticking together doing our roles so it's nice that everyone stuck together for another tilt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt you would have had he chosen a club. Probable that he chose to stay being only 1 midfield injury out of the side you'd think, but had he chosen a club you guys wouldn't have had much choice.
Richmond would have let him go with the best wishes, In 2017 he was our best midfield depth along with Lloyd

But in the reserves we had a few you kids really step up and show they will be getting ahead of miles in the next year and they really looked the good,Not expecting opposition supporters to be familiar with the names but here goes

Corey Ellis , Connor Menadue , Jayden Short , Oleg Markov , Shai Bolton , Tyson Stengle all these kids had a ripper year and were all pushing for senior selection.

Last edited:
Richmond would have let him go with the best wishes, In 2018 he was our best midfield depth along with Lloyd

But in the reserves we had a few you kids really step up and show they will be getting ahead of miles in the next year and they really looked the good,Not expecting opposition supporters to be familiar with the names but here goes

Corey Ellis , Connor Menadue , Jayden Short , Oleg Markov , Shai Bolton , Tyson Stengle all these kids had a ripper year and were all pushing for senior selection.

Excuse me, future man, but can you PM me some info about the 2018 season and then not tell anyone else?

Yep, will get games next year when injuries hit. A very good player to have as a back up.
Yeah, only situation I can see it happening is if Miles gets a better offer in the coming days and asks to be delisted so he doesn't have to go through the PSD.

I
Would definitely get games but I'd rather play Parish in that role. There's a limit to how many 180cm types you can have in your midfield and Essendon already have McGrath, Merrett and Parish.
I don't see Parish as big enough for that role, he seems more an outside mid. I'd have thought Mutch, Clarke or Laverde would play now Jobe is out.

Would have to be next to nothing.

Richmond were very lucky on the injury front this year. Miles is their first inside mid off the rank.

I thought that as well but then we bought Graham in. But he certainly adds great depth & a lot of us supporters were surprised he wasn't getting more games

Hopefully he signs on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, only situation I can see it happening is if Miles gets a better offer in the coming days and asks to be delisted so he doesn't have to go through the PSD.
Yeah we would have to agree to that I suppose. Not sure we would stand in his way, but if they found a club had interest in him during trade period but didn't want to pony up a late pick, we could make him go through the draft.

Don't think that scenario will play out.

He's pretty happy at Richmond and the other club would have to put forward a generous financial offer. That said, Kangaroos have cash to spend and he would walk straight into their midfield.

I

I don't see Parish as big enough for that role, he seems more an outside mid. I'd have thought Mutch, Clarke or Laverde would play now Jobe is out.

Parish is small in stature but loves the tough stuff.

Reminds me a lot of Ben Cousins as a player (Not as good, but similar style)

Yeah we would have to agree to that I suppose. Not sure we would stand in his way, but if they found a club had interest in him during trade period but didn't want to pony up a late pick, we could make him go through the draft.

Don't think that scenario will play out.

He's pretty happy at Richmond and the other club would have to put forward a generous financial offer. That said, Kangaroos have cash to spend and he would walk straight into their midfield.
As bad as north's midfield is, no he wouldn't.

I

Parish is the same size as Miles and definitely does his best work as a pure mid. If we were to play Miles he'd be forced to spend more time on a flank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back