Traded Anthony Miles [traded to Gold Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are interested according to a well-connect Swans fan I know. I'm not sure why, I would have thought Miles doesn't fit that much of a need but his info has been spot on in the past.
Would trade to Sydney for unders given they looked after us with Nank.

Footywizard

All Australian
Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Truth is, he would walk straight into their starting midfield and improve their side immediately. I can see why he would appeal to them.
I don't think he'd walk into the roos starting midfield if we are fully fit.
We have a plethora of inside mids already.
Not by any means bagging miles but he'd defiantly not suit us.
I think he'd be a good fit at Gold Coast however

On E6853 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
West Coast should get him after losing Mitchell and Priddis this year.

As an uncotracted and non best 22 player whose not young I can't really see you getting a second rounder for him.
We don't need him . We have sheed and redden already being played off a flank waiting for an on ball role to open up . Most think yeo should also transition into a midfield role .
Seems like a bit of a coincidence that richmond are doing better in their midfield now they aren't playing miles who is s one dimensional butcher .

Jul 28, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm praying we have a crack at convincing him to come upto the GoldCoast, we have a plethora of second round picks I'd happily give a later one or help the tigers upgrade there third rounder to help em get naish, he would be a walk up start in our current midfield as a inside player and would really help this young group of decent kids coming through develop

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
The kind of player who, if he fits into your team, it's because you're not a good team. Wouldn't go near.
Or the kind of player you have in your team if your developing kids. Miles will be the bloke at the bottom of the packs or getting his head riped off trying to win the ball. Having this in your side will allow your younger brigade to develop. Once they develop he can be moved on.

Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
We don't need him . We have sheed and redden already being played off a flank waiting for an on ball role to open up . Most think yeo should also transition into a midfield role .
Seems like a bit of a coincidence that richmond are doing better in their midfield now they aren't playing miles who is s one dimensional butcher .
Yeo could be a gun Mid. Cripps like

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
That's probably a pretty good trade...that said Miles is uncontracted (I think?) and we have PSD pick 1, so we wouldn't have to trade anything for him if we didn't want to.
Very rarely happens. Brisbane at the very least would come to the party and throw us a token third or even fourth rounder. You won't get him for free, but you won't pay much. Most Clubs are pretty reasonable at the trade table these days.

cannot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 30, 2016
^^ ""Flat World Champions".
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm praying we have a crack at convincing him to come upto the GoldCoast, we have a plethora of second round picks I'd happily give a later one or help the tigers upgrade there third rounder to help em get naish, he would be a walk up start in our current midfield as a inside player and would really help this young group of decent kids coming through develop

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

hed be very good for GC and is still young enough to contribute in the future long term

there are a lot around here that support s**t clubs that underrate Miles.

You can make a strong argument he should be in Richmond 22

BigHippy

Senior List
Aug 23, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Very rarely happens. Brisbane at the very least would come to the party and throw us a token third or even fourth rounder. You won't get him for free, but you won't pay much. Most Clubs are pretty reasonable at the trade table these days.

Yeah, probably. My point is that we wouldn't give up anything we perceived as having value to us. Close may or may not fall into that category.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Yeah, probably. My point is that we wouldn't give up anything we perceived as having value to us. Close may or may not fall into that category.
Yeh i agree, he wont cost much and we will let him go. We probably just want draft picks for points, or something we can package together to move up the draft order. So it may be Miles and our fourth for your third rounder or something like that.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Richmond is a team thats about to play in a prelim and maybe a grand final

If we had 1 injury to our midfield Miles would be the automatic selection and some would argue that he should be playing instead of Prestia

Clubs needing inside mids would be crazy not to take this bloke,There are alot worse players getting 20+ games at other clubs on much higher dollars
career average Anthony Miles
11.2 kicks
11.3 handballs
3.7 marks
.3 goals
4.2 tackles
10.4 contested poss
16.5 effective disp
74.3 DE

I would be very happy to see this guy stay but can understand he should be playing seniors

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
There are multiple clubs he'd get a game at. He just doesn't suit our style, too slow and no aerial presence, and doesn't have the ability to go forward which you must have for our gameplay.

You'd think there would have been more interest if he could improve another side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back