Anthony Morabito (Pick 4 ND 2009)

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard some reports about him predraft that clubs were worried he was almost too nice a guy and that it could hinder him in terms of the aggression required to be a true star at AFL level.

Well either those fears were unfounded or Harves and co are masters at bringing out the competitive aggression in players because I haven't seen one sign of it so far. If anything he almost gets a little too aggressive at times and gives away frees because of his over exuberance in the tackle.

Nothing like Pav, Pav is 10 times the player and always will be. Mora's kicking is such a flaw when compared to a guy like Rohan who went behind him. Only difference so far is body size. Disappointed overall with his performances this year given his big body, but not surprising given that he never played well in the WAFL.

Nothing like Pav, Pav is 10 times the player and always will be. Mora's kicking is such a flaw when compared to a guy like Rohan who went behind him. Only difference so far is body size. Disappointed overall with his performances this year given his big body, but not surprising given that he never played well in the WAFL.

Disappointed overall with your post performance given the bf legend tag, but not surprising given that you never say anything nice about anybody.:D

Disappointed overall with your post performance given the bf legend tag, but not surprising given that you never say anything nice about anybody.:D
Must not read all of my posts then, because what you say is untrue. Oh and that BigFooty Legend thing isn't my idea, nor my doing.

I'm just giving an honest assessment of how Morabito is doing, I think he's still lucky to be in the side given how some players in the reserves are playing, like Schammer. Schammer is better than Morabito and if Dodd were to play a similar role then he'd be better too.

I'm just giving an honest assessment of how Morabito is doing, I think he's still lucky to be in the side given how some players in the reserves are playing, like Schammer. Schammer is better than Morabito and if Dodd were to play a similar role then he'd be better too.

What a load of s**t.

Would Schammer and Dodd have been able to palm off that Carlton tacker and kick that running goal last game? Would they have been able to kick those two Judd-esque roving goals against Geelong? Or those 55m goals Mora has kicked a few times this year?

Morabito has more talent than those two put together. I just hope the coaching staff can help him reach his potential because he could be anything.

Must not read all of my posts then, because what you say is untrue. Oh and that BigFooty Legend thing isn't my idea, nor my doing.

Still flying the flag for Dodd and Schammer.

With Dodd and Schammer in the team we are bottom 4 and with Morabito top 4. Dodd and Schammer are both excellent WAFL players, could firm for the Sandover. I would hate to see those Sandover chances diminished by giving them time in the AFL.

Now your really taking the piss !
Dodd and Schammer are history ....Morabito is the future,if you cant see that ..then ya cant see sh$t
most players take a couple of years to adjust to the tempo,all things considered Morabito is on the right track

Schammer is better than Morabito and if Dodd were to play a similar role then he'd be better too.

tomcruiselaugh.gif

Wow you just lost any credibility you had as a judge of footy.
Or you're taking the piss.

Still flying the flag for Dodd and Schammer.

With Dodd and Schammer in the team we are bottom 4 and with Morabito top 4. Dodd and Schammer are both excellent WAFL players, could firm for the Sandover. I would hate to see those Sandover chances diminished by giving them time in the AFL.
What a giant over exaggeration. Two players can be the difference between bottom 4 and top 4? You're a joke. The entire board is full of jokes really. Morabito could be averaging 1 possie a game and everyone would think he is the next god.

What a giant over exaggeration. Two players can be the difference between bottom 4 and top 4? You're a joke. The entire board is full of jokes really. Morabito could be averaging 1 possie a game and everyone would think he is the next god.

Whilst talking about exaggeration...Pav is 10X the player Morabito will be ???
Knowone is saying he is going to be the next god,all that is being said(by those who have half a clue) is that he has played half a season and has showed plenty of potential thus far,and perhaps judging him in two years time..would be more apt.
Also claiming he could not play at WAFL level is another of your exaggerations......how many games where you able to watch from Adelaide again ???
And yes everybody on this board must be a joke ....as they dont agree with your constructive critism of most of the freo playing group.TUP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst talking about exaggeration...Pav is 10X the player Morabito will be ???
Knowone is saying he is going to be the next god,all that is being said(by those who have half a clue) is that he has played half a season and has showed plenty of potential thus far,and perhaps judging him in two years time..would be more apt.
Also claiming he could not play at WAFL level is another of your exaggerations......how many games where you able to watch from Adelaide again ???
And yes everybody on this board must be a joke ....as they dont agree with your constructive critism of most of the freo playing group.TUP
The same potential that he showed at U18 level though. He really hasn't progressed in his first year yet. He still shows a lack of wanting to put the body in and chickened out of a mark earlier this season. If that was David Mundy or any of the other hated ones then his head would be on a stake out the front of Freo Oval.

His kicking is exactly what is was in U18, mediocre up and unders with good depth. Basically Brett Peake with a greater distance.

I really hope he turns it around, I think he HAS the potential, but in his first 11 games is nowhere near showing it, unlike that skinny kid Stephen Hill, who threw his body in etc and showed us that potential against WCE. There is still plenty of time anyway, but compared to what others are saying, he has disappointed me, I expected more of a mature sized player. Look at the difference between him and Dustin Martin.

The same potential that he showed at U18 level though. He really hasn't progressed in his first year yet. He still shows a lack of wanting to put the body in and chickened out of a mark earlier this season. If that was David Mundy or any of the other hated ones then his head would be on a stake out the front of Freo Oval.

His kicking is exactly what is was in U18, mediocre up and unders with good depth. Basically Brett Peake with a greater distance.

I really hope he turns it around, I think he HAS the potential, but in his first 11 games is nowhere near showing it, unlike that skinny kid Stephen Hill, who threw his body in etc and showed us that potential against WCE. There is still plenty of time anyway, but compared to what others are saying, he has disappointed me, I expected more of a mature sized player. Look at the difference between him and Dustin Martin.
I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish I wish we got Kane Lucas.

We're top 4 because we have a side running out each week that can leave these guys languishing as good players in the WAFL. Only joke is that you actually believe that they are better and continue your diatribe against players like Morobito. Please keep it up, we need the entertainment that you bring to this forum.

We're top 4 because we have a side running out each week that can leave these guys languishing as good players in the WAFL. Only joke is that you actually believe that they are better and continue your diatribe against players like Morobito. Please keep it up, we need the entertainment that you bring to this forum.
Look at all the stats. There is no doubt that Schammer can offer more to the midfield than Morabito. Only the blind fools who have covered their faces in a suspicious white liquid cannot see that. As a first year, mature body he has been very disappointing. Calling me a joke because you disagree with me is pathetic and childish. Not surprised though.

chickened out of a mark earlier this season. If that was David Mundy or any of the other hated ones then his head would be on a stake out the front of Freo Oval.

Can't you see though that Mundy is a veteran compared to Mora- of course Mundy doing it would be exponentially worse because he has had many years in the system and is a leader of the club.

Also with the Schammer and Dodd argument, sure they may play similar roles now but Morabito will definately be better than the 2 combined in the future. It isnt always about the best output, its about experience so that we'll still be good in a few years- as long as some output is there. With Morabito it definately is there.

Look at all the stats. There is no doubt that Schammer can offer more to the midfield than Morabito. Only the blind fools who have covered their faces in a suspicious white liquid cannot see that. As a first year, mature body he has been very disappointing. Calling me a joke because you disagree with me is pathetic and childish. Not surprised though.

This bit will be fun to revisit in a couple of years. And what is with the white liquid thing? I actually think you make a lot of sense when you're not just trying to be contrary Brades, but I reckon you're a looong way off the mark here.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Morabito has been impressive for a first year player, I think he has shown enough in his first 13 games to earn his spot in the team.
We have been blessed with first year players having an immediate impact in their first season over the past two years with Hill & Palmer that fans now unreasonably expect all 1st year's to do the same.

Maybe you should re-read the posts and ask yourself something, "am I over-reacting" because Brades, this name calling is all your domain. I'm just having a little fun.

You provide a alternate perspective on the club and its players, and it beats the s**t out of a boring forum. If you want to draw the long bow from that comment, then it's your blood pressure.

Look at all the stats. There is no doubt that Schammer can offer more turnovers and free kicks against in the midfield than Morabito. Only the blind fools who have covered their faces in a suspicious white liquid cannot see that.

Edited for accuracy. ;)

Mora hasn't set the world on fire, we have been spoilt for debutants starring (Palmer, Hill, Barlow even Broughton, Fyfe) he has done some things that make you think he could really be something.
To say Byron offers more is stretching the truth a bit tho Mora may well struggle to hold his place when a few others become fit..

Are you doing a Ray Charles impersonation?
He is already past Schamm and Dodd and still has plenty of upside.
He reminds me of a young Riccuito and has a bit of inbuilt, hereditary mongrel built in.
I can't see why you wouldn't continue to let him develop especially in relation to how the side is going.
I agree that having Barlow in the team also has allowed him to develop without the pressure unlike nostatsanui at the wiggles.

Nah ,no honesty in here ,your trying to bait and get a reaction but this is blatant stupidity;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back