Anthony Morabito (Pick 4 ND 2009)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mora's past few weeks have convinced me that he will be right up with the best. But I think we are definitely gunna have to be patient.

Mora's past few weeks have convinced me that he will be right up with the best. But I think we are definitely gunna have to be patient.

He looks like the kind of player that the opposition will have nightmares about years to come. Even now he just doesn't need many possessions to hurt his opponents and he has the power to destroy teams at will with his pace and aggressiveness. I am all for him being in the team.

Must not read all of my posts then, because what you say is untrue. Oh and that BigFooty Legend thing isn't my idea, nor my doing.

I'm just giving an honest assessment of how Morabito is doing, I think he's still lucky to be in the side given how some players in the reserves are playing, like Schammer. Schammer is better than Morabito and if Dodd were to play a similar role then he'd be better too.

Good Lord Bradey...you've just out done yourself....

What the hell is wrong with some of you trolls? Guys like Barlow and Fyfe in their first year have greatly heightened your expectations of Mora or something. He is having a fantastic first year and has shown amazing potential.

I like him and think he is doing pretty well for his first season but his kicking is shithouse, both at goal and in general play. Gives the ball way to much air which allows the defenders to either spoil or chop out most of his kicks.

Where can I get those blinkers from? Average decision making and kicking. I said that pre-draft and I still stand by it. I thought we shouldn't have drafted him and I still think it.

Instead of going with the best local i'd have preferred we went with Rohan I think. No doubt Mora will be good but the raps on the 2 Geelong Falcons are better than any other to have come from such a rich breeding ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Instead of going with the best local i'd have preferred we went with Rohan I think. No doubt Mora will be good but the raps on the 2 Geelong Falcons are better than any other to have come from such a rich breeding ground.

Love Rohan. He is built for AFL - supreme speed, skills, footy brain and a manic work ethic and attack on the ball/man. Imagine him in the wide open spaces of Subi and not the cramped SCG. If you compare their performances in the U18's last year - Rohan was better and offered the same/greater upside to Mora, albeit with much better skills.

Mora has potential but his skills have always been a bit shite. Harvs also needs to toughen him up. The guy is soft. Sick of how many times he pulls out of contests, particularly when going back with the flight.

Yeah agree with the above, I was an advocate for Rohan but our recruiters haven't done too badly so I'm happy to see how it unfolds.

Mora has a bit of mongrel in him, this will serve him well. Only a matter of time until he tears a game apart.

He is the perfect player to fast-track, and the best way to do that is in the team. My only problem is if they begin to simply assume he is best 22. But if we are in a development phase, which we are, there is no question he deserves game time.

yeah that seems to be the one flaw about unconditionally playing these 1st round pics. They're not neccesarily as hungry to earn their spot like the guys a few pics back, and are more likely to take it for granted. The coaches always say nobody's guaranteed a game and they have to earn it but these 1st and 2nd round kids clearly get more leniency than the others each draft.

Just wishing Mora the best for todays game regardless of what the result is. I know personally he lifts in final matches and judging from his non AFL days this is when his X-factor shines.

Here is to a 25+ possy performance and 2+ goals:thumbsu:

Just wishing Mora the best for todays game regardless of what the result is. I know personally he lifts in final matches and judging from his non AFL days this is when his X-factor shines.

Here is to a 25+ possy performance and 2+ goals:thumbsu:

Good call pacemaker :thumbsu:

Great game from Mora, that run and goal in the first quarter was inspirational.

Was absolutely huge today.

Fantastic game. Realises he is stronger than 90% of players out there, and is beginning to play like he knows it.

He has always enjoyed the big stage. I can remember him being 13 years and 11 months old in an U/16s GF in junior football. Kicked 3 goals from the HFF. I knew he was going to be a star after that game.

Shame on some previous comments on page 4, but hopefully his form continues after all he is only 18 years of age.

Easily his best game this year.

Hopefully another one to really take control of games in his second year, a-la Hilly.

As noted above, his 3 best games have been against Geelong in what was a big game for our club, against Carlton in a bit of a must win and then an Elim final against the premier of 2 years ago... Dude just lifts for the big ones it seems.

His best game of the season today says a lot about the bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back