Boxing Anthony Mundine coming out of retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
disgrace this campaigner. Stay retired you ******* astronaut

After months of back-and-forth speculation, Anthony Mundine has officially announced that he's coming out of retirement and making a return to the boxing ring.

"The Man" supposedly finished his boxing career after he was sensationally knocked out by Jeff Horn in Brisbane last November.

The 43-year-old Mundine was supposed to retire after the bout but is now pushing for a rematch against Horn, arguing that his form is too good to put the gloves down.

Speaking to Sunrise on Thursday morning, the former champion officially announced his return from retirement for another shot to rebuild his legacy.

"I'm coming out of retirement," Mundine told the program.

"After reflecting on the last fight, I wanted to have won that fight and sailed into the sunset and lived happily ever after.

"The Man built a legacy so great that I can’t go out in that fashion.

"I want to make sure that I go out with a victory. I want to get back basically and rematch Horn, but they want me to have a win or two first.

"I’ve always had the bragging rights and right now he has the bragging rights. I’ve got to get back and try and get him back in the ring, make it happen and prove that I am better."

Sunrise

@sunriseon7

https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/1093261870478196736

"The man can't go out like that"@Anthony_Mundine is officially coming OUT of retirement!
1f44a-1f3fb.png

25 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

Last month, 'The Man' promised to donate his entire purse to charity if he was granted another crack at the Hornet.

But his plea went unanswered after Horn revealed that his team had already begun searching for a high-profile next opponent.

Yet the relentless Mundine has now vowed to prepare for the unannounced rematch and is set to face Australian middleweight, Michael Zerafa.

"Zerafa is a good fighter. Hes just come back from England and put up a great performance against Kell Brook who's one of the best pow-for-pow fighters out there.

"He went the distance, he didn’t win but he gave a competitive fight. We’re talking to him so we’ll see what happens."

Pow for Pow? says it all this s**t.

This guy just cannot accept the ageing process. Give it up dude, you've made your money, walk away with some dignity.

Agreed Sausages. He was washed up years ago too. Many boxers go on too long, but he's even surpassed that.

Utter nonsense.

disgrace this campaigner. Stay retired you ******* astronaut

After months of back-and-forth speculation, Anthony Mundine has officially announced that he's coming out of retirement and making a return to the boxing ring.

"The Man" supposedly finished his boxing career after he was sensationally knocked out by Jeff Horn in Brisbane last November.

The 43-year-old Mundine was supposed to retire after the bout but is now pushing for a rematch against Horn, arguing that his form is too good to put the gloves down.

Speaking to Sunrise on Thursday morning, the former champion officially announced his return from retirement for another shot to rebuild his legacy.

"I'm coming out of retirement," Mundine told the program.

"After reflecting on the last fight, I wanted to have won that fight and sailed into the sunset and lived happily ever after.

"The Man built a legacy so great that I can’t go out in that fashion.

"I want to make sure that I go out with a victory. I want to get back basically and rematch Horn, but they want me to have a win or two first.

"I’ve always had the bragging rights and right now he has the bragging rights. I’ve got to get back and try and get him back in the ring, make it happen and prove that I am better."

"The man can't go out like that"@Anthony_Mundine is officially coming OUT of retirement!
1f44a-1f3fb.png
25 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Last month, 'The Man' promised to donate his entire purse to charity if he was granted another crack at the Hornet.

But his plea went unanswered after Horn revealed that his team had already begun searching for a high-profile next opponent.

Yet the relentless Mundine has now vowed to prepare for the unannounced rematch and is set to face Australian middleweight, Michael Zerafa.

"Zerafa is a good fighter. Hes just come back from England and put up a great performance against Kell Brook who's one of the best pow-for-pow fighters out there.

"He went the distance, he didn’t win but he gave a competitive fight. We’re talking to him so we’ll see what happens."

Pow for Pow? says it all this s**t.

When did he ever retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back