Society/Culture Anthony Mundine Makes Racist Comment About Jeff Horn

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
So therefore when a black person calls me a white campaigner then they too are being racist?

See that's the point. There was no need for Mundine to point out Horn's skin colour either because he was making his comments in a derogatory manner and thus by your logic he must believe whites are inferior.

Mundine himself said that he was referring to white privilege, as enjoyed by people like Jeff Horn.
He made similar comments in relation to his non selection for the NSW origin team, which was supposedly directed at Brad Fittler.

And there's no shortage of commentary out there calling him out for his stupid comments.

So what's the problem here?

The contention seems to be over whether it's racist or not, in this thread.

If it's not racist though, then what's the problem with the comments?

So therefore when a black person calls me a white campaigner then they too are being racist?

See that's the point. There was no need for Mundine to point out Horn's skin colour either because he was making his comments in a derogatory manner and thus by your logic he must believe whites are inferior.

Blacks have been persecuted for ages for their skin colour, enslaved because of their colour. Called names simply because they’re viewed as inferior.

Whites have never been. Seriously WTF?

black campaigner.
white campaigner.
abo campaigner.
convict campaigner.
fat campaigner.
short campaigner.
tall campaigner.
boofheaded campaigner.
pin head campaigner.
Pommie campaigner.
American campaigner.
Kiwi campaigner.
Maori campaigner.
Muslim campaigner.
Catholic, child ******* campaigner.
Copper campaigner.
Get back to Geelong you campaigner.
Get back to West Horsham you campaigner.
Asian campaigner.
Indian campaigner.
Paki campaigner.
Curry munching campaigner.
Camel ******* campaigner.
Sheep shagging campaigner.

the list goes on. Are all of these used from a position of superiority or just as a descriptive put down?

What's the most offensive one there and why?

The contention seems to be over whether it's racist or not, in this thread.

If anything he’s saying he’s the victim of racism in that Horn gets special treatment because he’s white... blacks are further suppressed, that’s his contention

If anything he’s saying he’s the victim of racism in that Horn gets special treatment because he’s white...
So he's using race to disparage the achievements of someone else. "He's only popular because he's the white boy"... basically saying that all his hard work doesn't matter; he was just gifted his popularity because he is white. I don't know, that seems pretty racist to me. If a white person said "he's only popular because he is the black boy" there would be no doubt.

The real problem is that the comments are bullshit.

He's a 42 year old fighter that hadn't won a fight in over three calandar years, fighting some nobody for some bullshit made up title that Main Event didn't even want to touch, and he's wondering why the circus has passed him by. The delusional rantings of a dickhead.

The real problem is that the comments are bullshit.

He's a 42 year old fighter that hadn't won a fight in over three calandar years, fighting some nobody for some bullshit made up title that Main Event didn't even want to touch, and he's wondering why the circus has passed him by. The delusional rantings of a dickhead.
Bullshit comments are how boxing works. That can't be the objection to his comments. Jeff Horn made similarly delusional comments that he wanted to fight mayweather, and there was no outrage.

Last edited:
So he's using race to disparage the achievements of someone else. "He's only popular because he's the white boy"... basically saying that all his hard work doesn't matter; he was just gifted his popularity because he is white. I don't know, that seems pretty racist to me. If a white person said "he's only popular because he is the black boy" there would be no doubt.

Prejudice not racism, there’s a difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prejudice based on race is racism.

Wrong again.

Racism is when you believe that you're inherently superior to one person or a group due to say genetics. E.g You believe blacks are simply inferior to white people.

Prejudice is having a certain expectation of an individual based on subjective factors. E.g gees that guy gets all the favours because he’s in the privileged group.

Bullshit comments are how boxing works. That can't be the objection to his comments. Jeff Horn made similarly delusional comments that he wanted to fight mayweather, and there was no outrage.
I'm not shitting on his dreams, It's not even about that. He was whinging that someone is getting more attention than him. To put it down to race is a bit dickish of him.

black campaigner.
white campaigner.
abo campaigner.
convict campaigner.
fat campaigner.
short campaigner.
tall campaigner.
boofheaded campaigner.
pin head campaigner.
Pommie campaigner.
American campaigner.
Kiwi campaigner.
Maori campaigner.
Muslim campaigner.
Catholic, child ******* campaigner.
Copper campaigner.
Get back to Geelong you campaigner.
Get back to West Horsham you campaigner.
Asian campaigner.
Indian campaigner.
Paki campaigner.
Curry munching campaigner.
Camel ******* campaigner.
Sheep shagging campaigner.

the list goes on. Are all of these used from a position of superiority or just as a descriptive put down?

What's the most offensive one there and why?
Short campaigner.

Nothing else precludes you from getting girls.

That's not what he said at all.

He made similar comments about Brad Fittler many years ago. He said that because Fittler and Horn are white they only need to be good boxers or good footy players and (1) the media will fawn over them and (2) that is enough to open doors for them.
In comparison he feels that him (& other black people) not only have to be good boxers or footy players they have to be extraordinarily good in order to be afforded the same opportunities, just because of their skin colour.
He also called out Arthur Beatson (an indigenous league legend) as an "Uncle Tom" for supposedly enabling what he claimed was racism in the selection of rep teams.

Prejudice is having a certain expectation of an individual based on subjective factors. E.g gees that guy gets all the favours because he’s in the privileged group.

Prejudice can include having certain thoughts or beliefs based on an underlying view of a race as inferior. Sounds very much like the mechanics behind Mundine's comments since he can't envisage a white guy could possibly earn his own way.

Fair bit of gymnastics being done to bend what he said into something acceptable.

Fair bit of gymnastics was done to bend what he said into something it wasn't.
He himself explained what he said.
Just like what he said about Tasmanian indigenous folk was twisted into some other bs.

Racism is when you believe that you're inherently superior to one person or a group due to say genetics. E.g You believe blacks are simply inferior to white people.
If that's your definition of racism then why did you disagree with my earlier comment that racism can go in all directions? Are there not black people who believe they are naturally superior to white people?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back