Current Anthony Munro - Paedophile & POI in the Beaumont childrens disappearance

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
Thanks. I haven't noticed it, I'll have a look.
What I will say is that I had no contact with that partner until well after Munro was back in Adelaide... more than 18 months after... and then it was a single brief phone call so I could assure that grub knew he too was to be served justice for destroying young lives. Fyi, I also had no contact with AM until Dec 9, 2016.
My initial interest in Munro stemmed from the information provided to me by Max. David Smith also gave information which supported my interest in Munro for the Beaumont abduction.
Regardless of my thoughts on the possibility of Munro being involved in the Beaumont abduction, it was very clear to me from a raft of information from a number victims - SCIB Detectives commented it was some of the most compelling evidence provided for an historic abuse case - that Munro would be convicted of child sex abuse if he was to face court here.
It was also apparent he had great opportunity to hurt more children where he was in Cambodia, in the city where I have treasured family.
My motivation was to bring Munro to justice for his abhorrent crimes and, strongly supported by people you may not expect, I did all I could to help make that happen.
I must question the motives of those who continue to show support for Munro.... a convicted pedophile who preyed on children from the early '60s through to the '90s at the very least.... before taking his millions and fleeing to Cambodia where there was no extradition treaty and it is a well known pedophile haven. And setting up orphanages/school programs. Anyone who believes that was in good faith is in dreamland. The leaders of those programs admit they were hoodwinked by that creep.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Bringing the thread back on track

Munro is a POS but he is not the Beaumont kidnapper. Never is and never was

The lead investigator on the Beaumont case, Detective Senior Sergeant David Sheridan of the South Australia Police’s major crime investigation branch, has previously said that three independent probes into the claims against Mr. Munro and Max McIntyre have shown that there is “absolutely no evidence that they’re involved.”

Bringing the thread back on track

Munro is a POS but he is not the Beaumont kidnapper. Never is and never was

The lead investigator on the Beaumont case, Detective Senior Sergeant David Sheridan of the South Australia Police’s major crime investigation branch, has previously said that three independent probes into the claims against Mr. Munro and Max McIntyre have shown that there is “absolutely no evidence that they’re involved.”

There's another article out there that uses the word 'cleared' on Munro.

Head of the investigation, which I didn't want to post due to sensitivities around this thing, that asserts the McIntyre's claims on the Beaumont Children have no credibility and particularly given their claims about other various murders.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
There's another article out there that uses the word 'cleared' on Munro.

Head of the investigation, which I didn't want to post due to sensitivities around this thing, that asserts the McIntyre's claims on the Beaumont Children have no credibility given their claims about other various murders.
There are/were competing claims about the Beaumont Children

The various suspects named ie Percy , Wilder etc

Then there is a smaller but louder subset of SA families all competing for the same attention

Mcintyre, Phipps , Hart/Marshall

To paraphrase Dire Straits - one of them says they are the murderer , 2 of them must be wrong

There are/were competing claims about the Beaumont Children

The various suspects named ie Percy , Wilder etc

Then there is a smaller but louder subset of SA families all competing for the same attention

Mcintyre, Phipps , Hart/Marshall

To paraphrase Dire Straits - one of them says they are the murderer , 2 of them must be wrong

Given the history, it's hardly fair imo to harass or attack anybody that might question the veracity of the current set of claims being made in the public domain especially when some of them are so offensive to be nuts.

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
You a cop then GreyCrow... (modded)
You a cop then GreyCrow... (modded)
The "no evidence" line is based on a single interview where Munro declined to speak.... that's straight from Sheridan's mouth. The no evidence claim came two weeks after the head of Major Crime claimed absolutely no knowledge of Munro. Of course that is unlikely given he was convicted in 1991 for pedophile crimes and surely, his victim being a Glenelg Scout, our on the ball police would've applied some consideration to the possibility he knew something about the abduction... given his locality and clear desire for children! After all, that's why Phipps is considered... even without a conviction for pedophilia

The "no evidence" line is based on a single interview where Munro declined to speak.... that's straight from Sheridan's mouth. The no evidence claim came two weeks after the head of Major Crime claimed absolutely no knowledge of Munro. Of course that is unlikely given he was convicted in 1991 for pedophile crimes and surely, his victim being a Glenelg Scout, our on the ball police would've applied some consideration to the possibility he knew something about the abduction... given his locality and clear desire for children! After all, that's why Phipps is considered... even without a conviction for pedophilia

If you don't mind, how old was Munro's youngest victim at the time of the offending?

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
DSS David Sheridan is - he says they are cleared

Do you dispute him?
I dispute the fact DSS Sheridan says Munro is "cleared" .... certainly not what DSS Sheridan has told me when meeting with him on this matter.
That's the problem when you rely on Google and listen to others with misguided agendas to inform your comments... you say things like people don't exist, they're made up to fit a story.... the kind of mistakes hobby sleuths make.

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I dispute the fact DSS Sheridan says Munro is "cleared" .... certainly not what DSS Sheridan has told me when meeting with him on this matter.
That's the problem when you rely on Google and listen to others with misguided agendas to inform your comments... you say things like people don't exist, they're made up to fit a story.... the kind of mistakes hobby sleuths make.
The quoted piece doesnt say cleared. Says there is no evidence. 3 times

As to misguided agendas informing peoples comments . Pot.Kettle.Black

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
So how about we try this... you tell me a reason for why you think Phipps should remain a person of interest after the big breakthrough dig that muppet author Mullins pushed for turned up nothing.... and I'll provide you with a corresponding justification for a closer look at Munro.

So how about we try this... you tell me a reason for why you think Phipps should remain a person of interest after the big breakthrough dig that muppet author Mullins pushed for turned up nothing.... and I'll provide you with a corresponding justification for a closer look at Munro.

Someone else might like to do this with you, personally I don't have a firm opinion on who the cops should or shouldn't have as a POI.

The cops might have withheld a significant piece of information we know nothing about that automatically rules him out for the BC?

charlie20

Debutant
May 14, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
the mullins faction are bunch of rogues indeed, yes, not only have they chalked up 2 failed digs, the second of which was hugely hyped and publicised, with a celebrity cast of supporters and "experts" including politicians and today tonight, but they carry on like fascists when it come to any degree of questions or testing of their thinking re phipps and this case, they have yet another book about to be published (hopefully pulped) for which theyve set up a fresh facebook page, most upsettingly theyve recently dragged joanne ratcliffe and kirste gordon into their black hole, by making noises along the lines that phipps was the adelaide oval abductor in 73, all this, only to drum up hype and sensationalism for a book, bloody disgusting imo

they are trying to insert phipps into adelaide oval in order to "strengthen" their unshakeable conviction that phipps took the beaumonts, because it's generally believed, and has been for decades, that it was the same man ...

no way phipps did adelaide oval, and thus no way he did the beaumont abduction either - imho

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
the mullins faction are bunch of rogues indeed, yes, not only have they chalked up 2 failed digs, the second of which was hugely hyped and publicised, with a celebrity cast of supporters and "experts" including politicians and today tonight, but they carry on like fascists when it come to any degree of questions or testing of their thinking re phipps and this case, they have yet another book about to be published (hopefully pulped) for which theyve set up a fresh facebook page, most upsettingly theyve recently dragged joanne ratcliffe and kirste gordon into their black hole, by making noises along the lines that phipps was the adelaide oval abductor in 73, all this, only to drum up hype and sensationalism for a book, bloody disgusting imo

they are trying to insert phipps into adelaide oval in order to "strengthen" their unshakeable conviction that phipps took the beaumonts, because it's generally believed, and has been for decades, that it was the same man ...

no way phipps did adelaide oval, and thus no way he did the beaumont abduction either - imho
So exactly like the McIntyres then

We're not part of some sort of ghastly turf war, are we?

charlie20

Debutant
May 14, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
shelly, i wouldnt put it quite like that, imo the stakes are far too high and sobering for people to get lost in ego and self interest, my attitude is that any efforts to solve these crimes should be results driven, and that's it, that said i do seriously question the motives of some people in this space, especially when they refuse to allow input from others, who may wish to test their work, as that is how we get closer to the truth, answers, finding these poor kids, and, with some luck, seeing guilty persons pay the price for what they did/knew about

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
Taking pot shots unmoderated!
You're the moderator... free to moderate! I think Mullins is a muppet. He's continuing to publish and promote his books putting Phipps at the centre of the abduction when the expensive and widely promoted search for clues that he was so confident would prove him right fell very very flat. I think he's a muppet because, as he himself explains, he supposedly had opportunity to secure critical evidence (the purse from Phipps' possessions) and didn't act. It's now only his word that it was even there!

Last edited:

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
In light of no one putting forward an opening "justification" for Phipps still being considered a POI in the B case, I'll put up what seems the first go to by most:
Phipps was accused by one son, after Phipps' death, of being a pedophile. Phipps had no convictions for such crimes and, it seems, no accusations of such were made when he was alive. A woman has recently (relatively) come forward to state she was abused by Phipps when she was 14 years old.

Munro is a convicted pedophile. His convictions relate to multiple boys as young as 8, and those crimes took place in 1965 (a month before the Beaumont abduction), in the 1980s and 1990s. The court heard accounts from those boys of the grooming, predatory nature of Munro as opposed to "opportunistic" attacks. Close associates of Munro were aware of his sexual encounters with children at the time of the Beaumont children abduction but did not intervene. Indeed, close associates of Munro are also now in the firing line of authorities for their abuse of children throughout that same era.

If you look at Phipps for the crime on the basis he is an accused pedophile, living in the area, you must look at Munro too... he lived as close to the beach as Phipps.

charlie20

Debutant
May 14, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
this "living in the area" as adding to the chances of someone being a suspect, im having a bit of trouble with that, lets consider that it is clear the kids were comfortable with the man they were seen with on the reserve, comfortable enough for them to allow him to dress them, for an intelligent, sensible girl like jane, this does not look like a first time meeting with this man, no - they "knew" each other, somehow, whether that was from being at the beach or from some other manner in a social sense, which we dont know about, the general view is that it was a "friendship" which was struck up over some period of time during their visits to the beach, now - WHY would a local, especially a man like phipps, who was prominent in his community, risk being seen on multiple occasions with someone else's children, walking them (as claimed by mullins) to the changerooms, and then to his home, someone who knew him wouldve seen this, he wouldve got a knock on his door from cops within days ... but, no record ... munro looks a better fit if the "living in the area" qualification is to be applied, but i question why it should, people have not raised the possibility of an o'neil, a percy, a brown, for example, being suspects, by first saying they were locals, no, simply because they all had form, locals would not have known them if theyd seen them with the beaumonts, i think an intelligent offender wouldve had some "contact" or relationship with glenelg, but not to the point of necessarily "living in the area" - ie, i dont think it was a local resident, adelaide resident, yes, but not glenelg resident, necessarily

Last edited:

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
this "living in the area" as adding to the chances of someone being a suspect, im having a bit of trouble with that, lets consider that it is clear the kids were comfortable with the man they were seen with on the reserve, comfortable enough for them to allow him to dress them, for an intelligent, sensible girl like jane, this does not look like a first time meeting with this man, no - they "knew" each other, somehow, whether that was from being at the beach or from some other manner in a social sense, which we dont know about, the general view is that it was a "friendship" which was struck up over some period of time during their visits to the beach, now - WHY would a local, especially a man like phipps, who was prominent in his community, risk being seen on multiple occasions with someone else's children, walking them (as claimed by mullins) to the changerooms, and then to his home, someone who knew him wouldve seen this, he wouldve got a knock on his door from cops within days ... but, no record ... munro looks a better fit if the "living in the area" qualification is to be applied, but i question why it should, people have not raised the possibility of an o'neil, a percy, a brown, for example, due to them not being locals, doing the crime and likely not being known by anyone - local, i think an intelligent offender wouldve had some "contact" or relationship with glenelg, but not to the point of necessarily "living in the area" - ie, i dont think it was a local resident, adelaide resident, yes, but not glenelg resident, necessarily
I don't disagree with your point ---- living local makes them no more or no less a likely suspect. While it is known, and widely recorded, that Munro spent a lot of time on that beach and in the company of children more similar in age to the abducted children, it also should not be overlooked that plenty of people had the ability to travel by car, public transport etc to and from the beach regularly, and remove themselves and those children quickly with the same means of transport.
But just as being well known in the area diminishes Phipps as a person of interest who would be easily identified walking with the children, the fact that four gunshots supposedly rang out from his home just hours after 3 children went missing from that very same suburb, and not a single concerned resident mentioned the peculiar coincidence in the broad investigation that followed, also diminishes him as a POI, in my opinion.

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
Adelaide resident, yes, but not glenelg resident, necessarily
Agreed, its one thing to commit a crime in your area where you're comfortable in your surroundings, its another thing to walk them back to your residence only a few hundred meters away in broad daylight.
I don't think when its said that they we're 'local' they're meaning residents of Glenelg as such, more from a point of regular attendances at Glenelg and residents of Adelaide, not some transient who comes and goes.
To take 3 children so easily suggests previous contact, a place of safety to take them and knowledge and opportunity of a place to dispose of them thats remained undiscovered for 54yrs.

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
Bograt, from memory you mentioned in one of your first posts that the Munro group had a falling out on that particular day, could you expand on what you know about this?

Mar 21, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

I certainly dont think Phipps was involved in either

Its a conundrum for a lot of people trying to skirt all the theories

I think the same man theory is because of the identikits having similar features ie thin face , swept back hair and an age profile that is close

1590393178404.png

If you are a 'same man' theorist then Munro himself has to be excluded for both as the age of the AO person was in his 40s - from Crimestoppers site

The investigation identified that the girls may have been forcibly removed from the Oval by a man thought to be aged in his 40s.

One reason the same man theory holds is that given the witness statements from Glenelg in the week after - all describe a man in his mid 30s - add the 7 years to the AO abduction and you have a man in his 40s. Compelling

If you reject the Same Man theory then many people come back into play for the BC abduction, Percy, Brown , Wilder etc

For the AO abduction I can only think of 2 strong suspects and both had similar features to the identikit. Brown and Hart.

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bograt, from memory you mentioned in one of your first posts that the Munro group had a falling out on that particular day, could you expand on what you know about this?
how many are in this group? are they all males.? whats the ages of all involved?
if you cant name them. can you label the mr v or mr x... etc.

Back