Current Anthony Munro - Paedophile & POI in the Beaumont childrens disappearance

Former scout leader Munro returned to Adelaide for questioning from Cambodia where he operated a lady boy bar and lived in a lavish apartment with his Cambodian lover. Following, Munro pleaded guilty to 10 child sex offences including buggery and indecent assault against several victims in South Australia’s Kangaroo Island, Rapid Bay and Glenelg between 1962 and 1983.

The cases relating to historic child sex offences in Australia appear to be ongoing and Munro only a week ago pleaded guilty to yet another, getting more time on top.

In June 2016, Munro was interviewed about the Beaumont case however police state there is no evidence linking him to their disappearance.

Munro was jailed in 1990 for abusing another child before fleeing to Cambodia.

This article is interesting, some background on the hunt for Munro in Siem Reap and includes some mysterious characters. A Mr. Author, Mr. Agent and Mr. Victim.

PHNOM PENH POST - Man About Town

AnthonyMunroskindiving.jpg

What he’s been charged with would be the tip of the iceberg considering he got away with it for 50 years. He certainly should be looked at for the Beaumont children.

I thought he had been Macka. He seems to be pleading guilty to all charges brought against him so far, if he's responsible for the Beaumont children he might be prepared to say but by the words of his lawyer it doesn't look likely.

Macka_321

Senior List
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I thought he had been Macka. He seems to be pleading guilty to all charges brought against him so far, if he's responsible for the Beaumont children he might be prepared to say but by the words of his lawyer it doesn't look likely.
He will never say he was involved. I suspect they don’t have enough on him would be my guess.

He will never say he was involved. I suspect they don’t have enough on him would be my guess.

Possible he knows they certainly haven't got enough or he wouldn't have returned to face three murder charges? With money behind him he could have gone anywhere in the world.

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
'In handing down Munro's sentence, Judge Paul Slattery described the type of offending as "evil" and said Munro had taken advantage of his victims' disadvantaged financial positions.'

An interesting comment when you consider the Beaumont children's money supposedly went missing and they ended up with a 1 pound note.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
'In handing down Munro's sentence, Judge Paul Slattery described the type of offending as "evil" and said Munro had taken advantage of his victims' disadvantaged financial positions.'

An interesting comment when you consider the Beaumont children's money supposedly went missing and they ended up with a 1 pound note.
I dont see it as a connection

I see it as more a '' yeah I know your parents dont have much but I can see you really like diving so I'll buy you some scuba stuff and I will buy this and that ' etc - until the children feel obligated ie classic grooming

The 1 pound note seems more of a magicians sleight of hand

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
I dont see it as a connection

I see it as more a '' yeah I know your parents dont have much but I can see you really like diving so I'll buy you some scuba stuff and I will buy this and that ' etc - until the children feel obligated ie classic grooming

The 1 pound note seems more of a magicians sleight of hand

Its just the scale though isn't it, everyone has a price whether it be enough for some scuba gear or enough for some food for a kid who's lost their money, the point is, ones financial position was used as a tool to manipulate.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Its just the scale though isn't it, everyone has a price whether it be enough for some scuba gear or enough for some food for a kid who's lost their money, the point is, ones financial position was used as a tool to manipulate.
True - but it doesnt link back to the Judges comments . That was the line I was taking -

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
True - but it doesnt link back to the Judges comments . That was the line I was taking -

Fair enough, I was focussing on the final 3 words of the quote, disadvantaged financial position.
To a few kids alone at the beach in the middle of Summer who've lost their bus and snack money, they'd be considered in a disadvantaged financial position in that moment.

In the latest True Blue Crime podcast on the Beaumont Children the host took a guess that Munro was extradited back to Australia but there was a suggestion in here that he came back over tax issues.

This might indicate he fled? Running away from this Vietnam Vet who had been aggressively pursuing him over the Beaumont children.

Mr Eglitis believed that Mr Munro, as a teenager, had been involved in a notorious Australian crime mystery in which three young siblings, the Beaumont children, disappeared off a city beach.

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
Guido Eglitis - "James An" - was arrested after obtaining the fingerprints of a man suspected to be one of Australia's most wanted pedos, David Allan Shom, who was living in Cambodia under a false identity. Eglitis was working under the instruction of WA police (sex crimes branch) and with the knowledge of AFP.
Eglitis had himself set about pursuing Munro with the view he may pocket a reward. I engaged with Eglitis over a lengthy period, got daily reports on Munro's activities in Cambodia, was provided information and evidence of Munro's movements and, in turn, provided that information to Cambodian authorities, SAPOL and other interested parties in Adelaide... as well as reporting on it. My editor was well aware of my contact with Eglitis, as were SAPOL, WA Police, and the AFP. All were well aware of his precise location and at least some had direct contact with him.

Tony Munro was then a rich man living freely in the pedophile playground of Siem Reap. He is now convicted, and exposed, for child sex crimes spanning four decades. Whether or not Eglitis' pursuit of him assisted in bringing Munro to justice, and regardless of his motivations for pursuing him, it surely cannot be said that a person with the skills and bravado to navigate corrupt Cambodia was not a good person to have on the job of hassling the filth that is Tony Munro.

Guido Eglitis - "James An" - was arrested after obtaining the fingerprints of a man suspected to be one of Australia's most wanted pedos, David Allan Shom, who was living in Cambodia under a false identity. Eglitis was working under the instruction of WA police (sex crimes branch) and with the knowledge of AFP.

All with the knowledge he was wanted in Queensland for kidnapping, two counts of deprivation of liberty, robbery with violence, impersonating an Australian Federal Police officer, and possessing restricted items – two sets of handcuffs and an extendable baton? Something about extortion and fraud in there somewhere, tied up in boiler rooms scams which may be part of the same story involving EX cop 'forensic accountant' Featherstone?

Eglitis had himself set about pursuing Munro with the view he may pocket a reward. I engaged with Eglitis over a lengthy period, got daily reports on Munro's activities in Cambodia, was provided information and evidence of Munro's movements and, in turn, provided that information to Cambodian authorities, SAPOL and other interested parties in Adelaide... as well as reporting on it. My editor was well aware of my contact with Eglitis, as were SAPOL, WA Police, and the AFP. All were well aware of his precise location and at least some had direct contact with him.

Tony Munro was then a rich man living freely in the pedophile playground of Siem Reap. He is now convicted, and exposed, for child sex crimes spanning four decades. Whether or not Eglitis' pursuit of him assisted in bringing Munro to justice, and regardless of his motivations for pursuing him, it surely cannot be said that a person with the skills and bravado to navigate corrupt Cambodia was not a good person to have on the job of hassling the filth that is Tony Munro.

Okay, who was it that set Eglitis onto Munro?

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
All with the knowledge he was wanted in Queensland for kidnapping, two counts of deprivation of liberty, robbery with violence, impersonating an Australian Federal Police officer, and possessing restricted items – two sets of handcuffs and an extendable baton? Something about extortion and fraud in there somewhere, tied up in boiler rooms scams which may be part of the same story involving EX cop 'forensic accountant' Featherstone?
No extradition treaty with Cambodia at the time... at least not one that had been tried. So, yes, I eng
Yep absolutely with that knowledge... I'll add because of that knowledge. No, or at least not tested extradition treaty with Cambodia at the time, so not a thing I or an Australian authority, could do to get Eglitis back to face those charges.... why not work with a guy willing to push the limits to get a dirty filthy pathetic pedo out of a place where he had such access to vulnerable children and facing his past victims? Great move id say... particularly given in gave Major Crime opportunity to question him kn Beaumont crime

I'd suggest Munro's former partner would've had some play in it... now there's a piece of filth!!

So you're not quite sure but if you were sure, would you also suggest that Munro told his former partner that he was involved in the BC disappearance?

Relationship partner or business partner?

I don't mean to make you feel bombarded with a heap of questions, its just that this is pretty complicated.

Bograt

Draftee
May 12, 2020
So you're not quite sure but if you were sure, would you also suggest that Munro told his former partner that he was involved in the BC disappearance?

Relationship partner or business partner?

I don't mean to make you feel bombarded with a heap of questions, its just that this is pretty complicated.
Partner. I've reported this and it's most certainly been in the public arena... run before SAPOL before it went to print.

Well I wrote many articles about many criminals and pieces of s**t over the course of 15 years with News Corp and a further 8 with Fairfax. Can't expect you armchair detectives and hobby sleuths to keep up with all the facts now hey?

And I thought it was going quite well ...

This thread dedicated to Munro only opened up recently, it might be a bit much to expect we should be all over the details. Do you have a link please and I'll put some work into catching up in here?

Back