Anthony Rocca - has departed NM - Thanks Pebbles

Remove this Banner Ad

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Another one that will bring a lot of emphasis on culture to the club. Listening to him he just seems like the type of person that you just like having around.

Said on SEN that when he spoke to Noble the emphasis was on development, relationships and culture. All 3 of which he see as his strengths.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Another one that will bring a lot of emphasis on culture to the club. Listening to him he just seems like the type of person that you just like having around.

Said on SEN that when he spoke to Noble the emphasis was on development, relationships and culture. All 3 of which he see as his strengths.
So he wont be helping with the goal kicking?

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't think Rocca would let go of the opportunity to assess how our players line up for goal and take some notes.

He can have that chat with Noble and I'm pretty confident Noble would agree to some level of attention. (Probably already a focus.)

I just looked at the AFL tables goalkicking accuracy stats and we have the most accurate kick in the period 1965 - 2020 and of the five most accurate players now playing we have 2. Larkey who is the most accurate kick since 1965 (off a relatively small sample size I guess, about 2 seasons) and Cunners who is the fifth most accurate shot on goal now playing and the 16th most accurate shot on goal in 55 years.

Some funnt stats stood out - Mason Cox is the 4th most accurate player right now and 12th on that list since 1965 btw. He has kicked nearly 100 goals. And Plugger is 13th most accurate. Above him are only 2 players who have kicked more than 100 goals. The list has 34 players on it only Plugger, Huddo and Matthew Lloyd kicked over 500 goals and most have kicked under 100.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
I dunno, but I’m not exactly impressed with what he ‘knows’ about the club. I get it was a surprise appointment for him but do some research before taking interviews. I feel like the guys asking the questions had more of an idea about who plays in our forward line.

Right now I’m totally trusting Brady & the process & there’s obviously a reason why he reached out to Ant.

Going to be interesting ...& probably a waste of time & money I think.

Last edited:
I dunno, but I’m not exactly impressed with why he ‘knows’ about the club. I get it was a surprise appointment for him but do some research before taking interviews. I feel like the guys asking the questions had more of an idea about who plays in our forward line.

Right now I’m totally trusting Brady & the process & there’s obviously a reason why he reached out to Ant.

Going to be interesting ...& probably a waste of time & money I think.

For all we know he could be getting paid a packet of chips on the side but is keen to stay in footy.

Good to see rather than sitting on his hands he went out and did real work during lockdown.
Iknow packing boxes won't help you kick a footy, but his body work and worth ethic is something the playing list could certainly do with a heap of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
For all we know he could be getting paid a packet of chips on the side but is keen to stay in footy.

Good to see rather than sitting on his hands he went out and did real work during lockdown.
Iknow packing boxes won't help you kick a footy, but his body work and worth ethic is something the playing list could certainly do with a heap of.
Fair points.

He’d better not ruin Larkey though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back