Anthony Rocca

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see he's picked up another role. Must be somewhat rated within the AFL system as more than a few assistants made redundant through cutbacks couldn't get another gig at AFL level. Never got the hate he copped on here.

Was there hate or legitimate questioning of his qualifications for the job? I never understood his appointment to be honest, although he was loved by the players.
Either way he's landed a similar job at another club and one that also involves working with young rucks. As outsiders it's difficult to judge assistants and what they bring, but I think that some were too quick/harsh.

What’s Ben Hudson doing nowadays? From his time at Collingwood it seemed like he’d make a good ruck coach

Good move, much loved player and person around the club - couldn’t for the life of me work out how he was a ruck coach to our star ruckman whose key attribute is around the ground work.

Really need a ruck coach highly skilled in tap work, if BG could unlock this part of his game then it changes our whole midfield equation.

Losing another Rocca to the Roos, I don’t like the sound of this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've just seen a twitter reference to Anthony becoming a part-time coach at @northmelbournefc. Can anybody confirm this? And who is our ruck coach or don't we need one?
I was talking to someone closely connected to the Club, before Xmas about Grundy, and he said the Club was looking for a ruck coach. I forgot that we had let Ants go so did not connect the dots. I said " that can't be that difficult" he replied that getting a coach is easy but getting a GOOD ruck coach was very hard. Also said Steven Taubert (Swans) was the best going around but that he had retired in 2017, the next best, Cox, was now also at the Swans. So it seems the Swans rate ruck coaches higher than most.
Still, at least we are looking.

Last edited:
I think the NM appoint proves your theory wrong, and that of others mercilessly bagging Rocca as incompetent, and being a “job for the boys” appointment.
They look like fools now.

You think a bloke that made a career out of being a CHF kicking 400+ goals (occasionally pinch hitting in the ruck) was the best ruck coach for the Pies?

I think the NM appoint proves your theory wrong, and that of others mercilessly bagging Rocca as incompetent, and being a “job for the boys” appointment.
They look like fools now.

Yes, because NM are the pinnacle of success in management and achievement, and something the Collingwood football club should aspire to.

FMD some Collingwood supporters have a low barometer of success.

NM, for instance, let the competition know that one of their better players wasn't required and got a crap deal for them. The CFC would never do that.

Yes, because NM are the pinnacle of success in management and achievement, and something the Collingwood football club should aspire to.

FMD some Collingwood supporters have a low barometer of success.

NM, for instance, let the competition know that one of their better players wasn't required and got a crap deal for them. The CFC would never do that.
No never. Wish I could forget the ‘20 debacle.

At least NM got a second round pick for Brown. That’s more than what we got for Treloar despite paying a hefty chunk of his wage.

It’s also equal to what we got for Stephenson.

What’s Ben Hudson doing nowadays? From his time at Collingwood it seemed like he’d make a good ruck coach

Pretty sure Hudson is ruck coach at Brisbane.

Last edited:
I've just seen a twitter reference to Anthony becoming a part-time coach at @northmelbournefc. Can anybody confirm this? And who is our ruck coach or don't we need one?

IIRC Matt Rendell was also doing ruck coaching when he was with us?

Currently at Safety Beach with Pebbles (Mason also made an appearance today) show a little more respect than Malthouse showed his brother people.

Disappointed in you to be honest Apples

Mick Shitted on Sav

Remove this Banner Ad

Back