Politics Anthony (Tony) Abbott

Remove this Banner Ad

How does a grown man get on national TV and tell the country that he thinks children should be allowed to vote? How does a man go home and **** his wife after saying something like that?
Pretty easily I'd imagine, she's quite attractive.

Pretty easily I'd imagine, she's quite attractive.
Let's not forget he's ****ed everything he's touched do far, except, of course, his equally attractive daughters. There are no rumours abroad about that. Cretlin and his priest mates wouldn't have allowed that anyway, would they? No, Abbott would never have indulged in incest. Spreading any rumours to the contrary would be scurrilous and unfair to such a stalwart of probity.

Let's not forget he's ****ed everything he's touched do far, except, of course, his equally attractive daughters. There are no rumours abroad about that. Cretlin and his priest mates wouldn't have allowed that anyway, would they? No, Abbott would never have indulged in incest. Spreading any rumours to the contrary would be scurrilous and unfair to such a stalwart of probity.
I was referring to Bill Shorten.

Abbott to shithouseness to previously unseen levels though. Never has anyone pulled the wool over the eyes of the Australian people more than those who had a good proportion of the population salivating in anticipation of a Tony Abbott led government.
I loved his relentless campaign against the carbon tax lie - only to break multiple promises himself, to the sound of crickets from his dyed-in-the-wool conservative supporters.

Abbott to shithouseness to previously unseen levels though. Never has anyone pulled the wool over the eyes of the Australian people more than those who had a good proportion of the population salivating in anticipation of a Tony Abbott led government.

01f504c11cff0afcbd07d1ad601c2b22.gif

I apologise Roland. I meant to direct the stupid campaigners comment at those who voted for Krudd. Not at you. I worded it poorly!

I lived in Boothby at the time so the two main candidates in the electorate were as bad as each other. Don't even remember who got my primary vote in the end but it wasn't either of the majors!

I lived in Boothby at the time so the two main candidates in the electorate were as bad as each other. Don't even remember who got my primary vote in the end but it wasn't either of the majors!
Nicole Cornes was Boothby for the ALP in 2007, Kevin Foley should have been shot for that. If they'd put up a half decent candidate they would have sunk Southcott, and given themselves a chance at retaining it in '10. As it stands now, Nicole Flint looks like she's a job for life.

Nicole Cornes was Boothby for the ALP in 2007, Kevin Foley should have been shot for that. If they'd put up a half decent candidate they would have sunk Southcott, and given themselves a chance at retaining it in '10. As it stands now, Nicole Flint looks like she's a job for life.

Yeah I agree. Between the blonde bimbo and the laziest pollie in Parliament it didn't exactly inspire confidence in anyone giving a crap about our area. I think I ended up voting for the channel 9 reporter who held up a vote for me sign standing on his own during peak hour. :D

Will be PM again for a few months before the next election. Then the cycle will start again.

Bill will prove oddly popular until a typical labor policy **** up sees it all go south midway through the term.

Before long Albo will plunge the knife.

AA will lead a split party to an election win by the barest of margins 18 months later.

An emboldened opposition under Scott Morrison will lead the first poll after the election and not relinquish that lead for the term.

Months out from the election the ALP will tip out Albo and return to Bill in a bid to save the furniture.

It won't matter, Morrison will be the next Lib PM.

Loved by the conservative Lib base, (despite his moderate origins) ScoMo will enjoy inexplicable popularity until a terrible, ill-thought-out, ideologically driven first budget containing measures explicitly promised against during the campaign, which will see polls nosedive.

The moderates, seeing the writing on the wall, will rally behind Josh Frydenberg who cleverly distanced himself from the far right at key times in the past.

After a failed spill to test the waters and an aborted second attempt at the last minute (much to the joy of the twitterati), Frydenberg will undseat PM Morrison in a leadership spill less then 2 years into his term.

Frydo will lead a wounded coalition to election victory that Obtober by the barest of margins.

The Victorian, with next-to-no control over the traditional NSW Lib powerbrokers and the party's rabid right base, will turn to face the 'unknown'.

Then the cycle will start again.

Can't happen in the ALP anymore as the members and caucus have to actually vote to oust a leader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The right are doing their best to tear Turnbull down. I can't see him leading the coalition to the next election
Turnbull is helping them out manfully....
Such a disappointment that man.

Can't happen in the ALP anymore as the members and caucus have to actually vote to oust a leader.

I don't think this prevents anything in my suggestion from happening.

If the ALP bloodletting must be more convoluted than it has been in the past, my bet is the thought process once PM Shorten starts polling in the teens will be: "so be it".

I don't think this prevents anything in my suggestion from happening.

If the ALP bloodletting must be more convoluted than it has been in the past, my bet is the thought process once PM Shorten starts polling in the teens will be: "so be it".
I think the ALP has actually learned from the bloodletting of the Rudd/Gillard years, and recognised the value of at least the perception of unity.

I think the ALP has actually learned from the bloodletting of the Rudd/Gillard years, and recognised the value of at least the perception of unity.

That's a hope Gough, not a thought.

Unity, like loyalty, is valueless idealism in Canberra.

Labor's new leadership ideals will go out the window as soon as the benefits of doing so outweigh the damages - just like the leader themselves.

It will be the same with Turnbull and the Libs in the next 18 months; hell, it would be naieve to think Di Natal will be afforded the same generous chance to retire as his two predecessors.

Parties are more like footy clubs than ever and as Leppa has found out, rocky boats tip the captain out first.

I loved his relentless campaign against the carbon tax lie - only to break multiple promises himself, to the sound of crickets from his dyed-in-the-wool conservative supporters.

In Tony's defence he did say you shouldn't believe everything he says :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back